cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds being held by Ebay for no reason

I have been selling on Ebay for many years & have an excellent record with Ebay.  Completed very recent sales with no problems.  Now, after last sale, I get notice that my funds are being held until confirmation of shipping.  Ebay has always taken 3 days to put funds in my bank account, but is now holding even longer? 

I've always waited until I got paid before shipping because this is what Ebay recommends.  I have written in my listings that I ship within 3 business days so I can be sure the funds are in my bank account before shipping & I can be certain seller is not cancelling.

After lengthy chat with Ebay manager & repeatedly being told "it's Ebay's algorithm", he never gave me a legitimate reason for funds being held.  Is Ebay holding funds to earn interest on our money?  They've been paid, why can't I get paid?  Do I notify buyer that Ebay won't pay me so I have to cancel the sale?  Why is Ebay choosing to punish Sellers with excellent sales records?  I used to recommend Ebay to friends & help them get started selling.  I will no longer be doing this.  Does anyone have recommendations for online selling websites so I can leave Ebay?   

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Funds being held by Ebay for no reason

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are not alone.

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, content speaks to you?

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

Your not alone I sold 1 item on ebay december 15th shows delivery yet Ebay holding my funds till January 30th, already filed a BBB report but was told to also file with the FTC and Justice department as they are investigating EBAY for this situation. By law the have no right to hold funds since they say its a contract between the seller and a buyer, Ebay has no rights to keep holds on anything.

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

Thats funny, considering the feedback you got for one of those ring sets..with no previous selling history of course those funds will be held. Ebay prefers that any refunds come out of your pocket, not theirs. Oh and be sure to have that lawyer read over the UA you ageed to when you signed on to sell here.Its iron clad.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 19 of 34
latest reply

No legit lawyer will take a case against Ebay.   Ebay has nothing to worry about.  

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

Obviously.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 21 of 34
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ebay will practice collective action to let occasional auctioneers know that this isn't our Lemonade stand.  Unfairness here is employed with vigor, ostensibly to stamp out unfairness which they never will control.

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

I just wanted to say the same exact thing is now happening to me. I've recently begun to experience the same holds and have received the same vague answers from ebay about algorithms and that they can't divulge what the algorithms look for due to circumventing reasons. I have 100% feedback with 0 issues, ship on time and most times sooner than needed and my sales are consistent. Ebay puts a hold on my money and says its because of a reason their algorithm found and that it isn't making any mistakes but then refuse to tell us what the reason was. Today I excepted an offer and before I did on the screen to accept or decline ut stated if I accepted I would be paid in 4 days. I accepted and then my money for that sale went on a 2 week hold....**bleep**? Ebay has done something shady and by refusing to inform us of the exact reasons of these holds just goes to confirm this. I will be moving my more higher ticket items to Mecari and Etsy and hope to phase out Ebay altogether. Hopefully more and more will do the same.

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

I sold a piece of electrical equipment last week ,it sold for 3500, after eBay’s cut I get a hair over 3000, the buyer arranged his own shipping and paid eBay, the trucking company picked it up, I contacted eBay and they said they can hold my money up to 10 days even though the buyer has taken possession, I have his bill of lading as well as pick up confirmation, I checked with eBay several times, I still have no funds, they now will not call me back live and the last rep said they are going to hold my funds another month, I have in the past month sold two identical priced items and have had no issues with getting paid, I have been an ebayer for 22 years with no complaints from sellers or buyers, I feel as though eBay is simply working with my money, I’m very tempted to contact the US trade commission about this, they are promoting their site as a great place to sell, but they hide the dark side of their policies, I feel like my money has been stolen and I have no recourse.

I will not be shipping anything in the future until my money is in my account, it’s too risky trusting eBay

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

having the same problem  I can assure for sure ebay is investing the money in short term money markets and making money from our money with out us wanting saying its buyer protection  bull  . I dont know of an online vendor that ships anything with out first recieving payment . Thats the problem with all this you cant go ring someone s neck over this they just lie to you on the phone but if you could physically go down and get in someones face they wouldnt be pulling tyhis crap

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

try anyone else , ebay has turned into a pile of **bleep**

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

bull **bleep**

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

i hope ebay goes broke they earned it