cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay has Screwed Up Their Payment System and This Will Likely cost them Billions- They deserve it!

Apparently Ebay has changed their payment system so that when I as a seller. sell an item payment will not enter Paypal right away but take at least 7 business days to enter ones bank account and not Paypal at all. The end result is that the seller will have to wait at least a week to receive payment and the buyer if the seller has any brains will now have to wait at least a week before the item is actually sent unless the seller wants to send an item before it is paid.  It is also wasting time for the seller to check when they are paid.  Whenever possible I will try to avoid selling on Ebay in the future and I'm pretty sure a large percentage of sellers will do the same. Thank you Ebay for screwing up your process for both the seller and the buyer. If its not broken fix it and make it worse!

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Ebay has Screwed Up Their Payment System and This Will Likely cost them Billions- They deserve i

Re: Ebay has Screwed Up Their Payment System and This Will Likely cost them Billions- They deserve i

You're not alone. I opted into Managed Payments during August, 2019. Once you adapt, it's doable. Good luck.

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Their managed payment system has messed up my bookkeeping system, I couldn't connect it to my preferred bank, and I much prefer the money going to paypal.    

One thing that I doubt they took into consideration is that ebay sellers are also potential ebay customers.  I typically only buy from ebay when I have money in my paypal account.  Once the money hits my bank account, I'm much less likely to spend it right away.   As a result, I now only shop on ebay if I can't find something on a different website.  It's the last place I come to shop.

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Sellers who are making money will stay, casual sellers may not. 

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 5 of 33
latest reply

I'm a casual seller and whenever possible in the future I will sell on Amazon and not deal with this **bleep**. I also occasionally buy on Ebay and unless an item is not available on Amazon, I will not buy on Ebay as I don't need to wait 10-14 days at best for my item to be sent and arrive from Ebay. The one thing I find hilarious on Ebay is that prices are now so high even for used items that one can usually get a better deal on Amazon but the Ebay sellers don't seem to care.

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

@sonofbruno 

So.........on Amazon, you get the $$ immediately into paypal?  I always heard Amazon paid every 2 wks or so? 

You might also want to know that some, if not everyone, mail items as soon as the buyer pays, they don't wait for  the money to be deposited into a bank account......just the same as it was when paypal was used. 

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

@sonofbruno wrote:

Whenever possible I will try to avoid selling on Ebay in the future and I'm pretty sure a large percentage of sellers will do the same.

Actually no, a large % of sellers will stay and absorb the sales that used to go to the ones who left. eBay has way more sellers than it needs.

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

No on Amazon you can request the money to be sent within a day

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

No, once an item is put into Paypal, the buyer can't cancel anything and you can deposit that Paypal money right away,

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

I'm a part time seller and I actually opted in to Managed Payments some months ago and adapted. I wanted in because it gave buyers more ways to pay and that is a good thing to me. 

From processing to payout I have my funds in my checking account in 4-5 days at most

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

It has nothing to do about opting in. If you don't opt in now, you can't sell and get paid on Ebay.

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

@sonofbruno wrote:

Link to that option, please.

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

@sonofbruno wrote:

The end result is that the seller will have to wait at least a week to receive payment and the buyer if the seller has any brains will now have to wait at least a week before the item is actually sent unless the seller wants to send an item before it is paid.  It is also wasting time for the seller to check when they are paid.  

This will only be the end result for sellers who refuse to learn how managed payments works. 

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

@releasethekraken_1 wrote:

@sonofbruno wrote:

Link to that option, please.

Amazon sellers can manually request daily disbursements if they want to do so. Amazon added this feature a few years ago. Once requested Payments take about the same time that MP to receive funds in your bank account.

You should be able to find a plethora of information on it via a simple Google search.

Message 15 of 33
latest reply