cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY TAKING OVER MONTHLY INVOICE, SIMPLIFIED FOR THEM NOT ME

Enough is enough!  No, ebay, I do NOT want you to take over my monthly invoice.

If you want to attack at someone do it to those who don't pay there bill.  I do.

And so do a lot of other sellers.  This is a very bad idea.  In retaliation, i will stop double listing,

I will stop with any extras.  I do NOT want you to take this over, you can't even manage the payouts!

For the first time ever, i was double billed last month.  You can't even answer a call in

managed payments.  And stop using the word SIMPLIFIED, for the only simplified is for you! Not me.

I am fed up with that word, here is what it means to me.

SIMPLIFIED = WERE GOING TO DO SOMETHING BAD TO SELLERS

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: EBAY TAKING OVER MONTHLY INVOICE, SIMPLIFIED FOR THEM NOT ME

Unfortunately, many of us figured it was only a matter of time - a short time - before eBay did this.  

eBay being the business it is, with the board of directors it has, was moving in this direction since managed payments was first launched.  Collect every penny upfront from sellers to ensure eBay gets it due.  This way there is no waiting for store fees to be paid and non-paying sellers can be virtually eliminated by confiscating funds from their bank accounts or charging their credit cards directly.  From a business sense I understand that.

From a seller perspective,  I can certainly understand the anger and fear of having a faceless entity dipping into your bank account at will.  Wise are those who have a dedicated business account for only eBay related transactions. 

So, how long before eBay decides it can't be bothered anymore processing daily payouts?  Sooner than we think it will be one weekly payout after deductions.  A few folks might be surprised at how little profit they actually make.      

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

My question.

Is eBay just going to automatically collect the "accumulated" monthly statement OR are they stating any transaction outside the monthly store fee will be charged instantly?

Worse  case scenario! I have a C.C. as back up and I currently don't have any funds in my eBay direct account. When I list some items that may not fall into the free listing category (tools, Harley-Davidson, and more) under my store subscription, does that mean they will hitting my C.C. for petty fees of .25, .50. $2.00? I can see the C.C. not agreeing to this and hitting us for more $$ for such ridiculous charges. 

We should not have spend our time away from listing / shopping to run around and personally check our accounts to make sure everything matches up correctly and that we are not charged incorrectly.

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

Your going to be hit for every single transaction instantly when you do it.  So it could be every day!

Credit card charges all over, all kinds of petty fees! And then, just like MP, you won't even be able to see that charge right away!

So we won't even know what is going on daily!  I just had them double charge me for a international shipment, i noticed it right away, I won't be able to now...

There is a reason there putting people in this in increments, for the whole place would be uprising!  For anyone who say's they LOVE this or some lame statement, i don't even believe there a seller.  For no one could possible love this.  This is a seriously bad movie. 

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

I wouldn't post that on a public forum if I were you.

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

This is a big mess. Just went around in circles with managed payments on the phone, they really have no idea either. Its insane they are announcing this stuff yet they arent even sure exactly how its going to be implemented. How it was explained to me was the store subscription fee and whatever other fees that are currently on the monthly invoice, will switch to managed payments, and once a month be deducted from available funds in MP. I said what if you just had a payout and there are no available funds? Then its frozen until you do and there is enough money in available funds to cover it and they will take it, so there goes all the new money from orders until it covers those fees meaning your not going to get your money anymore is how it sounds..... There is no way this is going to work. I voiced my dissatisfaction strongly and the more that do it the better. You have to call regular customer service and then ask to speak to managed payments, its the only way getting through to that department. But all the above did not sound too certain to me in the way he was giving me the information, it was kind of like he didnt exactly know specifics but was doing his best to put out information, there has to be a better way. 

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

Unless you hit those magic $20K and 200 transaction numbers in a year that 1099-K isn't going to be sent.  I'm still wondering how to combine the number totals for before and after MP as I got activated in Aug.

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

Have you been able to reconcile the numbers for each transaction to determine if in fact they are overcharging?  There wouldn't be so many complaints or confusion if eBay would provide sellers with a demonstration of how the math was calculated to determine the fees.

For example,  I sold a low value item today for a total of $10.74.  The total fees were $1.64.  The fees charged were $1.34 with the $0.30 transaction fee.    The net from that was $9.10 based on the 12.35% fees charged by eBay it's close to being exact.   Remember eBay charges their fees on the total transaction.  I presume that eBay will always round up numbers in their favor.  If anything they took an extra 1 cent.  But when you think about doing that 1 penny round up on millions of transactions per day it becomes substantial.  What I object to is basing total fees with state taxes included but PayPal did that too.  What eBay doesn't want is to pay our credit card company's fees when we pay our fees to them.  Cheap buggers.

The reason I dislike MP is the same reason I like MP. 

Before MP we paid all our Final Value and store subscription with a monthly invoice.  Many sellers as I used a credit card to pay those fees because we earned cash back.   But you needed to save the fee money all month in your PayPal account.   There were months where those fees were piling up so fast so I would make weekly payments so the month end total wouldn't be so huge.   Therefore, having the fees collected up front is convenient with the exception of losing the cash back.  I still could pay my store subscription fees and Fedex postage charges monthly.  In essence they are going to prevent us from using a credit card to pay those fees too.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

Hmmm, I haven't seen this yet. While I do have a managed payments account for selling personal junk I have yet to sell anything since switching over. My business account is coin based so I'm still on PP. When I switched my personal account I opened a free checking account and put a small amount in there. That is the only payment information attached to my related ebay account so I will know where and how much at any time.

For my business account I'm used to just downloading a CSV from PP. Pretty simple to tell what's what with that. I don't know how it will be with ebay MP but I figure I'll save a copy of what they have every month since they will be paid in small amounts instead of a single monthly payment. I don't know about all these extras some of you are talking about stopping. Do you really think they help? I almost never use any of those. Perhaps a handful of time in 22 years. I do hope they at least make a CSV available, then I can automate totals and such, it will help.

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

I hate to tell you but 3 days ago that was the same situation for me, I call because there is no call back for MP, so, they so called transferred me to MP, well, they lied, I busted them, it wasn't MP, it was a foreign guy pretending to be someone from MP.  AND he admitted it. 

You were not talking to MP, there is no way to talk to them unless your a high volume seller,  the charges are going to be instant!  Every little charge will be charged the day you do it.

Just tell me, what seller is going to sit here and say they would LOVE something like that.

So, guess what I will do, If it goes on my bank or credit card, and it's incorrect, I will do a chargeback.  Because for 3 days now I cannot talk to MP at all!   I don't know what I am madder about, that I cannot talk to my ebay payment company, or this monthly invoice insanity.

I had a double charge recently, you would not believe what I went thru to remove the extra same exact charge, there messing up a lot lately on invoicing.  And we are not allowed to talk to them. 

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

Instantly!  And they have been messing up on invoices.  I am seeing things I sold months ago showing up in my latest invoice!  And I can't even talk to them!

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Exactly, It seems that my profits are down even tho my sales are up

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

I hear that loud and clear. Seems like everytime I go to the web site the format changes. I have to click on buttons that previously sent me logically where I wanted but now go somewhere completely different. I have to make notes so I can keep track of it. This retired engineer has concluded the the geek squad writing the codes do not understand the KISS principle of design.  

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

@cincoc1 wrote:

Exactly, It seems that my profits are down even tho my sales are up

@cincoc1 

That would not be Ebay's fault or MP's fault.  The Ebay fees are close to the same as they were before moving into MP and now are cheaper with the recent fee increases that PP did.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread HERE.

Thanks.

Message 29 of 29
latest reply