cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY TAKING OVER MONTHLY INVOICE, SIMPLIFIED FOR THEM NOT ME

Enough is enough!  No, ebay, I do NOT want you to take over my monthly invoice.

If you want to attack at someone do it to those who don't pay there bill.  I do.

And so do a lot of other sellers.  This is a very bad idea.  In retaliation, i will stop double listing,

I will stop with any extras.  I do NOT want you to take this over, you can't even manage the payouts!

For the first time ever, i was double billed last month.  You can't even answer a call in

managed payments.  And stop using the word SIMPLIFIED, for the only simplified is for you! Not me.

I am fed up with that word, here is what it means to me.

SIMPLIFIED = WERE GOING TO DO SOMETHING BAD TO SELLERS

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: EBAY TAKING OVER MONTHLY INVOICE, SIMPLIFIED FOR THEM NOT ME

By the way, everyone who is upset, call ebay customer service, have them connect you with managed payments since they have a post that it will take a day to call you! 

Complain everyone, so they do not do this!

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

I'm not a fan, either. 

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

@cad777864 wrote:

By the way, everyone who is upset, call ebay customer service, have them connect you with managed payments since they have a post that it will take a day to call you! 

Complain everyone, so they do not do this!

I suspect that eBay put lots of thought into this, and it is etched in stone until the choose otherwise.

This is just something that makes sense for a business to do.

No more up to a month,and a half grace period for payment to be made.

No more fees for eBay with invoice fee payments being made by Credit Card.

No more fees for eBay when invoice fees being paid via PayPal.

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Good for them.  It doesn't work for me.

So I will stop double listing.  Take that money away from them.  Lets make them pay.

I am not one who just accepts a bending.  And ebay has changed there mind before.

This is one they can lose money on as well if we stop doing extras..

If ebay wants to make money, STOP CHANGING THE SITE.  For the constant changes messes with

our buy it now sales big time.  Millions in beta testing constantly, those web designers

have them so bamboozled, thinking sellers and buyers want these never ending site look changes.

No other site does this, None.  In january alone, they lost billions from the site changes, they

just got there stupid feedback/invoice change done, at the cost of billions of lost sales because of it.

If they stopped for a couple of years, just fixed internally, they would see there sales rise.  Buyers

hate the constant changes, and sellers just lose sales from beta's and frustrated buyers. 

Look at for 3 years they messed with the ad titles and item specifics were irrelevant, it cost them BILLIONS.

They just fixed that back after 3 LONG years!

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

not sure which dog to pet here...honestly, the ease of it sounds good--once less thing to remember to take care of doesn't sound bad; still, it feels kind of intrusive--and pretty much takes a degree of control over my account from me. yeah, i don't think i'm too excited by this change, but it sounds like a done deal.

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

SO they can hide all the errors they are making on my invoice.  Who on Earth would agree to this. They keep  overcharging people and now they want to hide the what ig going on 

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Sounds to me they will 'add' it to your 'account' as they accumulate- against sales. .10c for 2nd listing, whatever %  of 'promotion' used, and then a bigger one- the 'store fee' will hit the account in 1 day.  But overall, it's really not a thing to worry about- collect as they go or bill you end of month- either way that $ is not yours and it should be 'booked' daily as a separate 'ongoing' line item to pay at the end of the month anyway.  

You can run a report every day from 1st to 'today', add a line for a 'total' and know exactly what you have in fees everyday.. can print that report weekly or monthly and compare to your books if needed. 

Overall, fees on $300 sales shows $33 in fees today, and if there's another $3, $8- whatever... that was on the 'on going invoice' (which is shown), it will now just be in your daily fees. Not much difference. 

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

I am just an occasional seller. When I went to change my settings as they requested the first thing they asked for was my social security number. Makes me wonder if I will be asked to calculate profit/loss, and pay income tax on personal items I sell. Don't want to tangle with the IRS over a dozen or so household item I sell each year.

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

@jathibo-12 wrote:

SO they can hide all the errors they are making on my invoice.  Who on Earth would agree to this. They keep  overcharging people and now they want to hide the what ig going on 

For me it is a "no change, change".

Does not affect me. My invoices are "$0.00".

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Enough is enough! No, ebay, I do NOT want you to take over my monthly invoice.

What's the problem here?  The only charges to a monthly invoice now are store monthly fees, FedEx, and UPS, everything else is up-front from Pending Funds or Available Cleared Cash.  That's it.  I don't anything here but a better system.  Good riddance to the monthly invoice----it was so annoying.  Any of the fees I mentioned above can go to a CC, not a big deal at all, even better.

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Good riddance to the monthly invoice----it was so annoying.  Any of the fees I mentioned above can go to a CC, not a big deal at all, even better.

@shado-x 

But they can no longer go to a CC, and I liked to use a CC for my Auto Pay for the invoice. Even more, I liked it's availability (for the extra protection it provided) in the case of a costly refund, etc. They're rare, but I hate surprises.

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

@jack_bucks_ghost wrote:

not sure which dog to pet here...honestly, the ease of it sounds good--once less thing to remember to take care of doesn't sound bad; still, it feels kind of intrusive--and pretty much takes a degree of control over my account from me. yeah, i don't think i'm too excited by this change, but it sounds like a done deal.

Just don't pet the sweaty ones.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 29
latest reply

Like eBay will care if anyone objects?  What I'm trying to figure out is when they plan to bill us for the store subscription fees or Fedex postage which is currently on the monthly invoice.   At least I had the option of paying those with my credit card.  I don't use any listing upgrades since I don't want to pay one penny more that I already do.  I don't trust them at all.  But the again this was the reason I opened a separate bank account just for eBay sales.  I was never going to give them access to my personal accounts.  Those cheap buggers are  just trying to avoid paying out the credit card fees for invoice payments.

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

@shado-x wrote:

Enough is enough! No, ebay, I do NOT want you to take over my monthly invoice.

What's the problem here?  The only charges to a monthly invoice now are store monthly fees, FedEx, and UPS, everything else is up-front from Pending Funds or Available Cleared Cash.  That's it.  I don't anything here but a better system.  Good riddance to the monthly invoice----it was so annoying.  Any of the fees I mentioned above can go to a CC, not a big deal at all, even better.

My guess is that you are a small seller or don't have an actual business that needs to reconcile invoices. With no monthly invoices and daily fees, it becomes much more difficult to track receivables vs payables. If you found the monthly invoice "annoying", then chances are - you weren't utilizing it properly. 

With a single monthly invoice, I can match up $X on the invoice to $X on my accounts payable quite easily. And it only needs to be done once a month. With fees coming out of each daily balance (or worse, each sold listing), I'd have to reconcile a monthly running total of fees vs what I take in on accounts receivable. All of that information was easily done in a monthly invoice; now, it's a multi-step process that's entirely more complex. And sure, there will be an Ebay report for this I'm sure (somewhere buried on the site, most likely). But I'll still have to reconcile the values on that report to receivables rather than a single monthly outgoing payment. 

Message 15 of 29
latest reply