cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone tell me?

I have been informed that I will be put into Managed Payments on Jan. 22. I do not intend to do this. my question is this: There will still be auctions running after this date, what happens if something sells and I have no managed payment account set up?

Will the payment go into paypal until these auctions end or will eBay keep that money and I would have to set up an account to get that money?

I'm 80 yrs old and this old dog is just not willing to do all of this. It's just not worth it.

So do I have to end all my auctions so the payments don't go into lala land or can I keep selling until they end and get my money in paypal?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Can anyone tell me?

If you dont join MP,you cant sell here..and if you do sell an item, you have no way to get your money,it wont go to PP. But not sure what you mean by 'all of this'.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Good for you for running your business at 80. I'm very proud of you. I just switched over to managed payments a few weeks ago. I don't know the answer to your question, but why not give Managed Payments a try? You seem like you are still very active like my father who lived to be 90 and was very active until he passed. When I switched, it wasn't that bad. I just called my bank and asked them to set me up with a separate checking account, not linked to my regular account. Then I gave that checking account info to eBay. After that, there was nothing to it. I suspect that most people use Managed Payments easily like me, and that much fewer people are unlucky and have issues with it. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

If it helps you, switching to MP was not difficult for me. It was fast and easy. My bank was on the list of choices, I entered my details, and it was done. Fast and easy.

As previously mentioned, ebay is moving to MP and sellers not in the program have to make the switch to continue selling on ebay. I understand you don't want to, but again, it really was easy to switch and hopefully it will be for you too, and not much else changed.

Posting ID
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@wvpeddler wrote:

I have been informed that I will be put into Managed Payments on Jan. 22. I do not intend to do this. my question is this: There will still be auctions running after this date, what happens if something sells and I have no managed payment account set up?

Will the payment go into paypal until these auctions end or will eBay keep that money and I would have to set up an account to get that money?

I'm 80 yrs old and this old dog is just not willing to do all of this. It's just not worth it.

So do I have to end all my auctions so the payments don't go into lala land or can I keep selling until they end and get my money in paypal?

If I recall correctly, another seller posted here saying that he was not allowed to list anything else, and he could not edit his existing listings. But those listings did remain active and were still connected to PayPal at least in the short term. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

My bank was not on the list and when I tried to manually set up my bank my user name was not the same as the user nsme on my eBay account . When I tried to change may user name on my eBay account I was not able to do so.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I had to manually setup my bank as it was not on the list and all worked fine

As far as your name not being the same as what is on your bank account, why would it not be? 

If you changed your name, got married or etc. you should have changed your name on your eBay account. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I was not able to do so.

If the problem was the middle name/initial........just put lst name and initial in the lst box (where it says first name)......i.e.  John = John L            

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@coastaltechsolution .........probably many did the same as I........used only first name on Ebay because there was no place (and still isn't) for a middle initial or a name...........  Bank account asks for both lst and middle..........

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@wvpeddler 

Auctions started before the requirement to switch have been being paid  out to PP for other sellers.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

If you sell something on or after the date you were given, those funds will be held until you join MP. Have seen a bunch of posts from other sellers whose funds are stuck in limbo like that. Wether or not you should join the MP program depends on what comfort level you have giving all of your financial data, ssn, and access to your bank account to an off shore banking/payment processing company. For me, the risk was not worth it.

There are a ton of posters on this site that will disagree with me, and usually do, but they are entitled to their opinions, as am I. There are other venues to sell on, though they do not have the reach that eBay does. Though I haven't sold a lot here over the years, I am sorry I will no longer have the option to sell anything else on this site.

My suggestion is to sell local, for cash, even if sales are agonizingly show. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@dhbookds ok but I had my first middle and last on my eBay account BUT I set that up in 2000 so maybe the form has changed.

Hop the OP can get it all settled and set up MP 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

I was not able to do so.

If the problem was the middle name/initial........just put lst name and initial in the lst box (where it says first name)......i.e.  John = John L            

That's what I did and it worked just fine.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply