cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we supposed to wait until "Processing" has finished before shipping?

I had 20 sales over the weekend, and want to get my shipping done...but none of my payments have finished "processing" - and I will have to use my own money from PayPal to ship. Is this how it's supposed to work? Or should I change my turnaround time to reflect the new slower payment process? It seems like someone's payment could fail to process - and I would be screwed?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

on shipping the option to pay with pending funds exist on the postage page.

I ship when it says to ship:

In other words waiting for payment to be fulfilled is going to cause you problems ...

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

They aren't "Pending Funds" until they are done "Processing"

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

you need to follow your handling tie and do what it says to do in seller hub

when seller hub says ship thats what you need to do

slowing thing down is just backwards and ebay does not like it nor do I

if you want to shoot yourself in the foot than wait a few days

some sellers that are MP haters go this route and I am still not sure why

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Funds are still available for shipping tho, scroll to the left bottom of the page.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@juicydrupes wrote:

@juicydrupes 

In Managed payments when a payment is initially issued by a buyer it is a PENDING payment.  Once that payment is processed, it then moves to Available for Payout.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@juicydrupes 

You can see how important it is to understand how MP works.  Not only is it in control of your money, with understanding the process, you can best use it to offer good customer service to your buyers.  But if you aren't sure how the program works, it can lead to poor customer service and increasing issues for you as a seller.

The following links are very informative and easy to read. Lots of great information in these articles that contain information you should be aware of. After you read them you will likely have questions. Come on back and ask whatever you need to.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments-Resources/How-does-the-updated-eBay-payments-experience-work-...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments-Resources/Have-questions-about-payments-Check-out-this-post-f...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments-Resources/Infographic-How-payouts-work-when-eBay-manages-paym...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payment-Resources/Changes-to-the-eBay-invoicing-process/ba-p/32004201

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payment-Resources/Know-your-options-to-pay-eBay-fees-and-selling-costs...

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@juicydrupes 

In regards to your concerns about shipping labels specifically.  Keep in mind that you are NOT required to ship immediately when  the buyer pays, but within your stated handling time on the listings your buyers are purchasing from.  If you want more time to ship, you need to change the handling time on your listings otherwise you will get defects for every late shipment you create.

MP Funding a Label with desc.JPG

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@juicydrupes wrote:

@juicydrupes 

In Managed payments when a payment is initially issued by a buyer it is a PENDING payment.  Once that payment is processed, it then moves to Available for Payout.

There's a step in the middle of that - when the payment is made by the buyer and approved by the payment source,  it moves into pending (the payment source has it then and is processing it).  I think that's a very important step for people to understand.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

"... and I will have to use my own money from PayPal to ship."

@juicydrupes 

^^^ Good advice so far regarding using the sale's Pending funds for s&h... now here's another  way to skin this cat.

I've been in MP for over 2 years (I've kept a zero PayPal balance for over 2 years) and I choose to pay for my s&h (using PayPal) from my attached bank account. Other sellers choose to pay for postage with a credit card... same difference.

Go to your PayPal wallet and select (and save) your desired method of payment as your 'Preferred' method of payment while shopping online. If you do this, PayPal will debit your 'Preferred' method next-day.

Know that this only works with a zero balance... because if you have a balance, it'll pull those funds first.

You can't do it wrong... just do it your  way. Ship within your Handling Time and you're gold with eBay. Good luck to you.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@juicydrupes wrote:

@juicydrupes 

There's a step in the middle of that - when the payment is made by the buyer and approved by the payment source,  it moves into pending (the payment source has it then and is processing it).  I think that's a very important step for people to understand.

Until the funding source is pinged and approved, MP doesn't even show sellers they have a sale.  This pinging process typically only takes seconds to do.  So while it is an important step, it isn't one that sellers have any visibility of nor are they even notified they have a sale until AFTER the payment has been pinged and approved by the funding source.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I had this problem once... be sure your ebay acct is setup  correct to distribute your funds to your bank or paypal.. the source where they are being sent needs to be verified with ebay... new sellers have this problem sometimes...it can stay this way for a while until approved...

Message 12 of 12
latest reply