cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account activated for MP any one happy?

Greetings, I just received notification that my account will be activated for MP in a couple days.

Are any of you happy with MP?  I have read pages of negative things so PLEASE DON'T reply with any bad things about it. I have seen hundreds of bad reviews.  

My main gripe based on limited information is waiting on money from ebay when I am used to instantly being able to get it from paypal.

Again, please no horror stories, just looking for any good news.

Ron    dba   thingsinherited

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I've been in it for two years.  There were some bumps at the start with some missing or limited functionality, but those have since been addressed.  Overall I've found it to be a vast improvement over using PayPal.  VASTLY simplified doing partial refunds.  Simplified my shipping process.  Simplified bookkeeping, for me (some will shout 'horror story' on that one, but I think a lot of the horror stories on any topic are people just fearing any change at all and not even trying to learn a new way that may actually be better in the end if they would just even half the effort into learning something new as spend on shouting their 'horror stories'. )

As far as not having your money 'instantly like PayPal' that isn't true.  PayPal was never instant.  I get that you could make use of PayPal funds via their debit card so it felt like 'instant' but it really wasn't.  If you wanted it physically in your own bank and not in PayPal, you had to wait the same 3-5 days that it takes for eBay Managed Payments.  (Actually eBay Managed Payments is faster than that, especially if you use a national bank such as BOA)  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I've had no real problems........I get $ once a wk and pretty much get paid for items sold thru Sun.nite, with one exception I think.  Did have a bit of a problem with a return....at least in understanding what they do......

One thing.......first shipping label you print........scroll down to bottom of that  page...there you will find an option to either have it charged to paypal OR taken out of  payments......  Once you chose which, that is the default.  I chose out of payments since nothing will now deposited to paypal (unless you have a sale that predates when they switch you over)....... 

Understand that "daily" doesn't necessary mean you get paid every day.....just that you chose to be paid whenever the funds are available for transfer.....and their days are M-F......nothing apparently is moved on Sat/Sun.

I should say, I like the wkly payments......give me a better idea of how much is actually "mine"........

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@thingsinherited   You will have the choice to have Daily or Weekly Payouts for your cash flow.  I selected Weekly because when I was with PayPal I only took money out once a month.  The Weekly Payout also means I don't have to check my online banking everyday to see if I got paid despite messages from eBay that state then sent money.

I have had a total of 8 Weekly Payouts.  Only 2 paid ALL the money owed.  The other 6 had anywhere from 5% to 60% of my money withheld which meant waiting another week for it.

The down side is that I like using PayPal for purchasing so if I want to do that I have to transfer money in to it since no eBay sales go in there any more.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I've been in it for two years.  There were some bumps at the start with some missing or limited functionality, but those have since been addressed.  Overall I've found it to be a vast improvement over using PayPal.  VASTLY simplified doing partial refunds.  Simplified my shipping process.  Simplified bookkeeping, for me (some will shout 'horror story' on that one, but I think a lot of the horror stories on any topic are people just fearing any change at all and not even trying to learn a new way that may actually be better in the end if they would just even half the effort into learning something new as spend on shouting their 'horror stories'. )

As far as not having your money 'instantly like PayPal' that isn't true.  PayPal was never instant.  I get that you could make use of PayPal funds via their debit card so it felt like 'instant' but it really wasn't.  If you wanted it physically in your own bank and not in PayPal, you had to wait the same 3-5 days that it takes for eBay Managed Payments.  (Actually eBay Managed Payments is faster than that, especially if you use a national bank such as BOA)  

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Thank you! I was wondering about label fees. Glad there is a option for simply having eBay take the money our as opposed to paypal. 

eBay gets a lot of grief and has had plenty from me over the last 20 plus years, but it has made me a lot of money and is still the best way to sell the oddities I have.

Ron    dba    thingsinherited

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Thank you. With regards to paypal, I am old and consider 3 days or so after the transfer request to be instant.

Again, thanks for a positive post about MP.

Ron    dba    thingsinherited

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Thank you for the reply,  As in the real world right now, most of the MP news is negative and I much prefer to look on the positive side of life when ever possible.

Ron     dba   thingsinherited

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

eBay has made me so much money over the last 18 years it would be suicide to quit just because I have to wait a few days for my money. I think if a business doesn't have enough cash reserves to wait 3 or 4 days, it's in trouble anyway. Good luck to you all, whatever your decision, but I like to continue making money.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I agree. I have been in it for over 20 and it has been very profitable. The last couple have been slower, but still the best option around in my opinion.  It was good to see at least a few people who did not whine about MP.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I presume you mean I was whining. (It was good to see at least a few people who did not whine about MP.) 

You asked for happy, maybe this one is happy enough

sunshine  

A griping whiney reply would have been more like 

its my party 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

The percentage of sellers who come to these boards are a drop in the bucket. Those that we see come in to complain about MP are a drop in a very large bucket. We're not able to see anywhere else the sellers who are satisfied being in MP and are just going about their business as usual. There could be millions by now, although I have no idea how many have already been opted in. Many of the chronic complainers here are not even in MP and tend to spread misinformation like wildfire. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Actually I never gave your reply a second thought. I was referring to all the posts I had read before I asked if anyone was happy.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

OP, there are two main differences that will impact you as a seller - 

1.  Getting your money from sale to bank account is definitely slower in MP than PayPal. That just a fact of the system. Add at least an extra two days sale to bank account in a best case. Longer if the transaction occurs Thursday thru Sunday (MP for some reason quits processing payments from pending transactions on Friday at Midnight and doesn't start again until Sunday afternoon). 

2. Holds for returns are different too. In MP the hold is a separate transaction from the return. The hold is deducted from your available funds immediately and then after a refund is issued it takes at least 24 hours for the hold amount to reappear to your available funds, so there will be a time where both the hold + the refund are negative in your available funds. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply