cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Hate the discussion board format? Wish there was a place to have a running chat like in the old ebay chat rooms that they took away?

Here is the solution, one thread devoted to chatting about anything and everything about coins all in the same place.

Post whatever is on your mind. There is no official topic here. So let's get the chatting started.

Message 1 of 11,869
latest reply
11,868 REPLIES 11,868

Re: --THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Ted

Eligible countries  

You can use the Global Shipping Program to sell internationally to the following eligible countries:

Eligible countries

• Australia

• Austria

• Belgium

• Bulgaria

• Canada

• China

• Cyprus

• Czech Republic

• Denmark

• Estonia

• Finland

• France

• Germany

• Greece

• Hong Kong

• Hungary

• Indonesia

• Ireland

• Israel

• Italy

• Japan

• Latvia

• Lithuania

• Malta

• Mexico

• Netherlands

• New Zealand

• Philippines

• Poland

• Portugal

• Romania

• Russia

• Singapore

• South Africa

• South Korea

• Spain

• Sweden

• Slovakia

• Slovenia

• Taiwan

• Thailand

• United Kingdom

Cant ship to Chile, So Im doing the option C-postal service:)

The more you explain it, the more I don't understand it.

Message 10726 of 11,869
latest reply

going postal is not an option Amy.  Apologize, refund and send cancellation could be an option but your account could take a hit.  That's if you are referring to a sale.  Do you have a diff. sales account/ ID?

Message 10727 of 11,869
latest reply

Global Shipping Program (GSP) is a totally different beast.

If you're enrolled (you should check), you ship the item to Kentucky, eBay / Pitney Bowes takes over from there and sends your item to the buyer.  You are correct that Chile isn't included in GSP.  GSP has other limitations, one of those being that Coins are not eligible (I know, this wasn't a coin, it was a watch). 

Whether you want to use GSP or not is up to you... but the shipping costs are not cheap, and they pre-collect Customs fees from your buyer, including for items that will usually pass through customs without being charged any duty.  It is really better suited to high-value items where you want the INR protection that comes with the program and their high shipping charges won't frighten off buyers, and where customs fees are likely to be charged no matter how you send it.  If you do use GSP, you want to block all the other countries they don't service, if you want to avoid having to direct ship items yourself (to places like Chile). 

Despite my reservations about shipping to South America, I'm not sure I'd not ship this... the item was in the $20 neighborhood, so it's not like it's risking a fortune, it got sold on a fairly new ID and a neg. will kill it for good. 

I'm still not clear on exactly what happened (Amy's way with words, and all!).  I think she printed a label, if she did, it should work... take anything you printed with you to the Post Office, they can scan it in there and tell you whether it's good or not. 

On the banking problem, if you got down there this a.m. and put some money in, you can sometimes beat the PayPal debit and not get hit with the overdraft.  I'm not 100% sure, I think you can change payment method on a label print too, and put it on the credit card.  Obviously, whatever you're doing on PayPal, you ALWAYS have to be extra-triple-careful about how you're funding things... if you have funds in PayPal, they'll always try to use that (on a purchace, they'll MAKE you use it unless you withdraw it first), next they always to go "bank account" (which obviously needs funds if it gets used) - the one time I did something like you did, PayPal tried to run the bank account debit TWICE, which generated me TWO overdraft charges.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 10728 of 11,869
latest reply

Usually when paypal rejects an address it's for some technicality. If they suggest a fix compare the two addresses and decide if the change is meaningful. If STREET gets changed to St. you are good to go. If Florida gets changed to Pakistan you got problems. When in doubt you can type the address into google and possibly find more info. As a last resort you could contact the buyer for help but this can delay shipping and if the buyer doesn't speak english commumicating can be difficult.

Message 10729 of 11,869
latest reply

Half of NYC has hyphonated addresses. For example 25-35 45 street means you are the 35th house on 45th street and 25 avenue is the nearest cross road. It makes it very easy to find addresses.

But the hyphon is or was an important computer command. If you put it into an address the computer will explode and dead mailmen scattered everywhere. So pitney bowes decided to just drop it 2525 NY DMV decided to replace it with a space 25 35 and the credit cards hired a 15 year old kid to program around the danger of the hyphon 25-35.

So for years ebay whould tell sellers my confirmed credit card address was invaild. Now they just auto change it to the incorrect pitney bowes version.

Message 10730 of 11,869
latest reply

I had went on the USPS for international selling. 8.90 they charge. Shocked me.

On ebay or paypal when I tried to ship the cost wont show,

But I can on ebay just print the label only. I was late on the paypal. Im in the neg with the bank. But its taken care of. Im not sure where paypal is going to take the money in my bank or paypal.

Message 10731 of 11,869
latest reply

@jesusrocks3339 wrote:

going postal is not an option Amy.  Apologize, refund and send cancellation could be an option but your account could take a hit.  That's if you are referring to a sale.  Do you have a diff. sales account/ ID?

No I wont go postal, Just crazy. I will do the USPS online which is fairly cheap. I havent shipped it yet Monday morning I wll

Message 10732 of 11,869
latest reply

I hope that works out for you Amy.  Do you have any blocks set on your preference page to block countries that you do not want to ship to?  I am a big time blocker so all non-us is blocked, although I think I have Puerto Rico not blocked maybe, can't quite remember.  Someone talked me into opening up a listing there and I don't remember if I left all my listings that way or not.  I think I ended up reblocking it, is reblocking a word?. 

For my business "model" or plan I do not ship internationally because the time issue and loosing TSR or getting negged for reasons beyond my control is not worth it to me.  Part of my business right now depends on selling on eBay.  I like getting the 20% discount for TRS, I rationlize that it pays for "free shipping" and makes it worth it to not have a store yet.  I guess I am using it twice in my mind, which doesn't make sense at all really, but works for me.  LOL.  If selling on eBay is just for fun then it may not matter if you have a deal that goes south.  Selling internationally may be a fun venture.   But I hate to see you run into a snafu and twampled on.  Glad Ted helped you with the shipping label. 

Message 10733 of 11,869
latest reply

Early this morning (3 am) my husband woke me up and said that he had passed out in the bathroom.  He could hardly walk and sitting down was next to impossible.  I thought about dialing 911.  A couple of years ago he passed out on our living room floor and was literally down for count.  At that time I was calling our to Jesus and dialing 911 at the same time.  I was yelling sort of at the lady on the phone to send an ambulance and at the same time that she was telling me to listen to her and flip him over and to check his airways and such.  Finally she told me that they were on their way she just needed me to do what she said first.  At the hospital he had to go cold turkey off of caffeine and they started him on meds for hypertension.  His probs are a herniated back disc, some kidney enszyme issue and sleep apnea.  

This morning he had fallen in the bathroom, made a good landing onto the pot (perfect 10) and took out the towel bar with him on the way down.  When he woke me up I had no idea what to do.  I was out of it so it took me a few minutes to access the situation before I could decide.  I knew yeah, we should do something but what, he had just been in to the reg. Doc, the kidney Doc and the Chirocracker, so now what?  Not being able to move much wouldn't be so good for very long.  So I woke up the kids who today are my little one and her friend who was here for a sleep over and we carefully made our way down to St. Joes's Hospital.  They have the coolest wheelchairs now, you push them like a lawnmower and when not engaged they stay put, so we got one of those at the door and they got us in right away.  They put him on the EKG machine that does BP and everything and figured out what to give him for the massive pain.  They gave him an IV and 3 shots of a narcotic.  I rested (sort of ) in a waiting room with the girls for an hour and then Tom (my husband) was able to get up and the ER Doc was pleased, it worked!  They send us home with a script for a few days worth of the narcotic.  His diagnosis was Vasovagal attack.  It is when you pass out due to pain.  I call it being a Wuss.  

Overall a good day.  I am happy and thankful he is well again, and plus the timing was great.  We already hit the 90/10 deductible part for the year so the timing was spot on.  That is my ramble for the day, had to get some typing in I guess.  Not sure how it could help someone else.  For us the take away this time was better safe than sorry.  I did opt to take him right to the ER instead of Urgent Care.  It may cost more but oh well, only money.

Message 10734 of 11,869
latest reply

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Happy Nude Year!!

There are three kinds of people in life....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen and those that wonder what happened. Which group do you belong?
Message 10735 of 11,869
latest reply

@jesusrocks3339 wrote:

I hope that works out for you Amy.  Do you have any blocks set on your preference page to block countries that you do not want to ship to?  I am a big time blocker so all non-us is blocked, although I think I have Puerto Rico not blocked maybe, can't quite remember.  Someone talked me into opening up a listing there and I don't remember if I left all my listings that way or not.  I think I ended up reblocking it, is reblocking a word?. 

For my business "model" or plan I do not ship internationally because the time issue and loosing TSR or getting negged for reasons beyond my control is not worth it to me.  Part of my business right now depends on selling on eBay.  I like getting the 20% discount for TRS, I rationlize that it pays for "free shipping" and makes it worth it to not have a store yet.  I guess I am using it twice in my mind, which doesn't make sense at all really, but works for me.  LOL.  If selling on eBay is just for fun then it may not matter if you have a deal that goes south.  Selling internationally may be a fun venture.   But I hate to see you run into a snafu and twampled on.  Glad Ted helped you with the shipping label. 

if I got one just give them the middle finger, swear them out:)

So truely sorry to hear about your husband my thought and prayers are with you and him.

He's the best and am thankful

Message 10736 of 11,869
latest reply

@koincollektor wrote:

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Happy Nude Year!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to you.

Message 10737 of 11,869
latest reply

I had a scarey thing just happened, my laptop. ebay not responding my internet cut off and a black page came up windows operating fail no operating system, what does that mean. did i get a virus?

Message 10738 of 11,869
latest reply

What world coins going strong on ebay?

Message 10739 of 11,869
latest reply

@beachgirlbaby01 wrote:

I had a scarey thing just happened, my laptop. ebay not responding my internet cut off and a black page came up windows operating fail no operating system, what does that mean. did i get a virus?

Sounds like NSA found you Smiley Happy

Musta written something about a coin from Cuba ... or Sudan ... 

Message 10740 of 11,869
latest reply