cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Hate the discussion board format? Wish there was a place to have a running chat like in the old ebay chat rooms that they took away?

Here is the solution, one thread devoted to chatting about anything and everything about coins all in the same place.

Post whatever is on your mind. There is no official topic here. So let's get the chatting started.

Message 1 of 11,869
latest reply
11,868 REPLIES 11,868

Re: --THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

@telephoto1 wrote:

@*smedley* wrote:

anybody got a greysheet handy? looking for bid on the following Morgans that i'm thinking of taking to FUN to sell:

1880-S    64PL

1883-O    63DMPL

1883-CC 64PL

1884-O    64DMPL

1884-CC 65

1885        64DMPL

1896        63PL

Smedley:

From the July 5th (newest) Greysheet-Bid/Ask (on PL pieces I gave both non PL and DMPL prices for comparison):

1880-S MS64 PL...64 non PL- $62/$68. 64DMPL$400

1883-O 63 DMPL- $180

1883-CC 64PL... 64 non PL- $240/$260. 64DMPL- $450

1884-O 64 DMPL- $400

1884-CC 65- $450/$480

1885 64 DMPL-$400

1896 63 PL- 63 non PL- $60/$65. 63DMPL- $180

Hope this helped

thanks everybody, made it to Summer FUN today and got good prices... teleguru (do any of you remember/know him from the old coin chat?) is doing ok; he said business is a bit slow... looked around a little bit, but was ready to go home after a couple of hours...

stopped at Red Lobster and GFS on the way home...

Message 9766 of 11,869
latest reply

Sean regarding the "new content" indicator, you forgot to mention that ALL pages in a thread had to be viewed in order for the sysm to function properly.  I now assume you time was well spent going thru every page in every thread while harboring yourself in the rafters and that’s why it worked for you and not others.

I now recant my assertion of the systems unreliability.  It works, as it should.  Smiley Happy

While I'm at it, does anyone know why you would receive the red message below?

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Message 9767 of 11,869
latest reply

It's a little faster to just click "options" on the MAIN PAGE and choose - Mark All As Read.

Message 9768 of 11,869
latest reply

GOOD EVENING Y'ALL

Welcome to the board kookies3

The more you explain it, the more I don't understand it.

Message 9769 of 11,869
latest reply

@jesusrocks3339 wrote:

Hey Girlfren!    It's so good to see you?  Did you get a new outfit?  That is totally rad, I am so copying you next week.  oh, btw what happened at the party you dragged me to last weekend? I showed up and you were talking and stuff and I tried to say hi and then you left and I was like, whaat?  no lame excuse, nothing, oh mylanta, I couldn't believe that you went and ditched me like that.  Ooh, I know! you were looking for that dude again, u know the one with the....I think you told me about him, so I get it, it's cool.  A girl's gotta do what a girl's ..oh do you think I should get a new doo?  I was thinking about maybe something like warmer maybe reddish, but the chick said next time my hair might fall out.  Let me know, I need your  help cuz u always know how to rock it, your so super cool, so talk to u later  bye   

Girl you lost me. What was that about?

Message 9770 of 11,869
latest reply

Don't worry about it, Amy. It's just gibberish.
Message 9771 of 11,869
latest reply

Great day today. My eye's were 20/20 and now Im 20/25. Guess  thats what happens when you get older.

Also even better day. Finally broke down and got my laundry machine fixed. No more laundramats for me. I gurantee they'll be happy not to see me any more thier.

Message 9772 of 11,869
latest reply

@indian_jeff wrote:
Don't worry about it, Amy. It's just gibberish.

Okay. Hows these new boards working for you? I'm not liking it.

Message 9773 of 11,869
latest reply

Where's the thread that shows kitco? The gold and silver prices. I didnt see it on the board and if its thier I truelly must be blind

Message 9774 of 11,869
latest reply

They're working OK. I'm figuring out its quirks.

I like the ability to edit a post both after it's been posted and when in Preview mode.

On the whole, though, it's just different. Not necessarily better or worse.

The main fly in the ointment is being timed out and having to come back in. Sometimes I have to re-register to get back my settings.
Message 9775 of 11,869
latest reply

@indian_jeff wrote:
They're working OK. I'm figuring out its quirks.

I like the ability to edit a post both after it's been posted and when in Preview mode.

On the whole, though, it's just different. Not necessarily better or worse.

The main fly in the ointment is being timed out and having to come back in. Sometimes I have to re-register to get back my settings.

Same here, the editing but im brain dead when it comes to new things. Im having the same problem having to log in. Have to keep going through the same steps.

Never mind I found it. Yes im getting blindSmiley Sad

Message 9776 of 11,869
latest reply

Gold and Silver: Buy or Sell? Yes! is still there, Amy. It just works a little differently. If you click on 1 (Page 1), you'll get the chart. Then if you press CTRL + End and then click on the last page, you can see what's been posted recently. Clunky but doable.

Message 9777 of 11,869
latest reply

Well my friend need to get going. I have such a bad headache. All day today cant seem to get rid of it.

HAVE A GOOD EVENING BE SAFE ENJOY

Message 9778 of 11,869
latest reply

Thank you Jeff. I'll check it out tomorrow. Much appreciated. Going to try and take care of this headache.

Message 9779 of 11,869
latest reply

You're welcome. I'm going to watch the final episode of The Sopranos, tonight. My father has the complete series and I've been watching it almost every night for a couple of weeks or so.

Since, in the previous episodes, they've killed off most of the major characters, I guess that was the writers' way of tying off loose ends. Not a very satisfying way to do it, in my opinion.

I'm just glad I didn't invest six years in this soap opera.
Message 9780 of 11,869
latest reply