cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new search and category list format

I'm not liking the new format changes. The shipping costs, time left on an auction, condition of an item example new or used are no longer displayed in results meaning I need to click into a listing to figure it all out. I get that they are trying to make a cleaner look, but this is way too far

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: new search and category list format

I agree.  This change is horrible.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

The shipping costs, time left on an auction, condition of an item example new or used are no longer displayed in results

I still see those details (except condition) on the search results page.

Check your search default settings using the Customize link at the top of the search results where you can choose between List or Gallery view to make sure that "Time remaining", "Seller information" and "Bids" are still selected. I do not think "Condition" was an option, though.

eburtonlab_0-1653535556591.png

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

The customize tab is no longer there.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Are you searching with keywords or browsing?

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Browsing.  Kind of stupid to look at auctions and not know when they end or have already ended without clicking on the item.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Try searching instead of browsing. If you are trying to browse a category generally, try using keywords from the category name.

As long as you are searching with keywords you should be able to see seller info in the results.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I just did a search (by category) for Coins;

Honed it down to Buy It Now, Lowest Price, Peace Dollars 1921-1935.

The first entire page of 50 there was NOT 1. There were pennies, nickels, commemorative morgan, eisenhower etc. 

Search, by category- is a complete mess.

Ebay Motors- you cannot look at 'all cars'. You have to choose a 'type' ie. classic, sedan, convertible etc. 

Again- search by Category is a complete mess.

But..I always searched by putting in a 'search term' in the box; ie. Morgan Silver Dollars. Now you can actually see what you are looking for.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@aquajoe07011 wrote:

The customize tab is no longer there.

@aquajoe07011 

Are you using the desktop platform or the mobile app? I'm using the desktop platform, and the "customize" option is still available.

Capture.PNG

Crop.png

Clicking on the "Customize" link above produces the options reproduced in Message #3 above, so I won't repeat the screenshot here. 

Are you not seeing the above links/options on your eBay marketing platform search results page? Can you post a screenshot of what you do see?

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

Are you searching with keywords or browsing?

@eburtonlab 

Can you clarify what you mean by "searching with keywords" versus "browsing?" Is browsing just not putting anything whatsoever in the search field? Wouldn't a person put something in the search field--thereby qualifying for "searching with keywords?" How does "browsing" work?

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@aquajoe07011 wrote:

Browsing.  Kind of stupid to look at auctions and not know when they end or have already ended without clicking on the item.

@aquajoe07011 

How exactly are you "browsing?" Are you putting anything at all in the search field? Or are you leaving it empty? 

And what kind of "browsing" are you doing that is showing you auctions that have ended? Those generally show up only if a person has clicked on the "sold listings" or "completed listings" filters on a search results page.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

eBay treats searching and browsing differently.

Searching requires entering at least one keyword into the search field and then actually hitting the "Search" button to reach a search results page.

Searching and finding search results:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=test+123&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=test123&_osaca...

Following a link to a category page or selecting a category in the drop-down to the right of the search bar and hitting "Search" without entering any keywords leads to a category page that may be browsed, if the category is specific enough. Some high level categories cannot be browsed unless you choose a narrower subcategory.

Browsing a category:

https://www.ebay.com/b/PLC-Processors/181708/bn_7698125

Note that when browsing, seller information and auction ending times are not displayed, and there is no "Customize" menu option.

Is browsing just not putting anything whatsoever in the search field? Wouldn't a person put something in the search field--thereby qualifying for "searching with keywords?"

Many users apparently do not use keywords -- they pick a category and "search" without using keywords. The only reason I know this is because there was a bug a while back that caused such non-keyword "searches" to direct UK users to ebay.com, and the US and UK boards were filled with complaints about it. But attempts to recreate the issue by searching failed and none of the responders could figure out how UK searches were winding up on ebay.com until someone described exactly the steps behind hitting the search button without using any keywords. Judging by the number of complaints posted, many users do in fact use eBay that way, and many were so used to it that they had problems searching or browsing in any other way -- frequently winding up back on the US site again and again despite knowing about the redirection problem and being told of alternative ways to search and browse.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I look at fishing equipment and supplies under auctions.  I had it bookmarked.  Now it lists the items for sale with no shipping costs or auction ending time shown.  To see what I am talking about, click on shop by category, click on sporting goods, then click on see all in  fishing equipment and supplies.  Listings come up but all that is shown is the item description and price.  It used to show  the shipping costs and item ending time.  Now in order to see that information, one has to click on the item itself.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Try a search instead of browsing that category.

I think this search should find the same items as browsing that Fishing Equipment category, at least as a starting point:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/1492/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=fishing&LH_Auction=1&_sop=1

The number of results I see appear comparable (about 37,000 auctions).

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Sales were down 80 percent of my 200 items no views. I usually sale around 7 to 10 items a month 200 listings. was told to retitle listings now i am being charged for listings and only 206 items listed. I can't get my 250 free listing now. On chat 3 times about no viewers, no view but show people watching, 2 chat people admit account has been affected with changes but can't give me any free insertions fees. top rated seller here.  so stupid I have to now wait until june to list because you told me to revise and it counted it as relistings. Wouldnt they make more money if I could list my other 44 items and sold a few on the final value fee. afterall they were the ones telling me everything was ok revise and relist now they can't help me on insertin fees . I am not paying 35 cents to list stuff when your system caused the problem so fed up

Message 15 of 17
latest reply