cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Bucks... Bonus Not Functioning

Got the Invitation to enjoy Bonus eBay Bucks of 8% (10% if you do one of those app things)...

Accepted the Offer, & bought a few things yesterday & today, all of which indicated that I would get the eBay Bucks Bonus Offer on them...

No Bonus !!!!!!!!!  

This seems to be just another "come-on" from eBay; with no information available about why I did not receive what was promised.

Did the rest of my purchased with Amazon, for net cost equal to the eBay prices if the Bonus had applied as promised.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: eBay Bucks... Bonus Not Functioning

Check your eBay bucks page in the next day or so. Bonus bucks aren’t applied right away in my experience. It takes 24-48hrs for the correct amount to be applied. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Same for me ... I didn't get any Bonus

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

Check your eBay bucks page in the next day or so. Bonus bucks aren’t applied right away in my experience. It takes 24-48hrs for the correct amount to be applied. 

Won an auction less than 2 hours ago, just checked and the bonus bucks have already been credited into my ebay bucks account.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Did you complete the activation step ?

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Worked fine for me. I used the regular not the app. Bought 3 items and got the extra bucks credited within minutes.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

The Bonus Bucks worked for me. They were added to the base earnings for the purchase amount.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I got mine immediately after payment. You have to activate the promo to get the bonus bucks, and a few categories , like gift cards, do not qualify.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

During the last promotion, I happened to win 6 auctions from the same seller. I asked for an adjusted invoice, but since the seller was away for the weekend, was not able to send me an invoice. So since the promotion was only for that one day, I assumed I lost the opportunity. However, when I received the invoice & paid a few days later, I was pleasantly surprised to see the bonus bucks were still applied afterwards (a savings of about '$10 for me). So maybe it will apply retroactively for you as well.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Activated prior to shopping... there were no exempt catagories listed for the offer.

This is not the first time, & when I went to pay for the items, eBay showed me the amount I would receive in eBay Bucks...
they just did not give me what they stated !!

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@luv3labs wrote:

Activated prior to shopping... there were no exempt catagories listed for the offer.

This is not the first time, & when I went to pay for the items, eBay showed me the amount I would receive in eBay Bucks...

There are always exempt categories-it’s the same ones that are exempt from the eBay bucks program. But as long as you didn’t purchase gift cards, coupon or bullion your purchased qualified. The maximum extra bucks you could earn was $100 too. Just to confirm you committed to buy/won the auction after activating the promotion? That’s really weird that they didn’t credit the extra bucks. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I was told that if you use an ebay gift card to make your purchase, you will not qualify for the bonus offer

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@thingsnstuff72 wrote:

I was told that if you use an ebay gift card to make your purchase, you will not qualify for the bonus offer

You were told by whom?

eBay doesn't care how you fund your payment.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@thingsnstuff72 wrote:

You were told by whom?

eBay doesn't care how you fund your payment.

I think if you use an eBay giftcard without logging in to your PayPal account, your purchase doesn’t qualify. Maybe that’s what that poster means? You no longer need a PayPal account to use an eBay gift card, you can redeem the card during checkout and complete the purchase without going through Your PayPal account. But eBay bucks, as far as I know, still requires a valid PayPal account. I wonder how this will affect buyers who buy from sellers using the new platform....will they earn eBay bucks?

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@luv3labs wrote:

I agree with Miss Jen.  There are ALWAYS exempt categories~just read all the details on the message as it is specified there.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply