Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Should I leave negative feedback for never receiving an item after refund?

Waited 2 weeks after latest estimated arrival date, tracking shows its enroute with no updates. Filed a never received item. In one case seller promptly sent refund with no additional messages, another offered to resend item, I declined and asked for...

When first listed?

Is there any way to when an item was first listed? I see the time on current listings, but can you track back through any previous listings that were relisted? I know about 'completeds', but that may not show the full history and you have to sort thr...

seller sent to me an anonymous package?

I ordered a fixed price item on ebay. In 2 hrs , i sent concellation messages to seller. Seller didnt respond to it. The seller didnt put any tracking information on Ebay. After several days, I got an anomymous package. The package is sent out one da...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 84 replies
  • 0 helpful

unanswered question

I have posted a inquiry about an item, with no response. I understand the seller may not respond, but should not my question be posted as one asked, with the item? It says, no questions have been asked about the item. I have asked two questions conce...

Resolved! Weird *Super Cheap*

During eBay searches I've come across some impossibly cheap items (smartphones). First time I tried to buy one, then shortly after, before paying, ebay had removed the listing saying it was from a compromised account or something. Later I've been see...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller won't honor bid. won't ship and will not communicate

I put one small bid on a used book. When I looked in the morning, I had Won the bid/book Typically, I pay right away in anticipation of receiving my "prize" I suspect that the seller decided a better price could be had, and just arbitrarily won't shi...

Emai notifications...why can't they be filtered much better BEFORE being posted?

Right now there are a lot of item in my search emails that I'm come to recognize as things that will be pulled by eBay for violations or perceived fraud if I click to look. Many of those items are electronic musical instruments and vintage stereo equ...

A Word from a Florida Seller......

Hurricane Irma will impact the entire state of Florida Sat-Mon and beyond. Many of us may be without power or internet service for several days beyond that. Here in St Augustine we are under evacuation orders at least through Monday during which the ...

Why am I getting this? Contact info is not allowed in eBay messages. Please remove it and try again.

I am trying to ask a seller about an item, please refer to the enclosed screenshot. I get a message about "contact information not allowed in Ebay messages". Well there isn't any. I tried a few times and I get the same message. Any ideas?

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

AMAZING DEALS ON AUCTIONS THIS WEEK!

I'm feeling pretty guilty though knowing it's because a third of the country is completely distracted right now. I'm getting most of my auctions won with just one bid, mine. The suppliers are on the west coast, and I'm receiving items quickly. Now on...

Resolved! Can't leave neutral feedback?

Hello,I recently purchased a book listed as "new" but the book arrived damaged. I don't think it's worth sending back and initially left positive feedback but I tried to edit that feedback as neutral and it will not allow me to. It says "please enter...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Camera Lens more worn than advertised

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a used Canon L series lens on eBay. Seller had good feedback, only sold a couple of items, but all was good. I put in an offer for the lens and he accepted. I received the lens, and found it to have much more physica...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors