cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller won't honor bid. won't ship and will not communicate

I put one  small bid on a used book. When I looked in the morning, I had Won the bid/book Typically, I pay right away in anticipation of receiving my "prize"

I suspect that the seller decided a better price could be had, and just arbitrarily won't ship because they know I cannot do anything about it. So now I will let Ebay/paypal take over. I'll get the money but I didn't bid and pay for the agrivation...just want the book. Thanks for listening. Gentle Ben

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you only won and paid this morning why do you think he won't ship?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You left out a big piece of the puzzle. What happened that has caused you to believe the seller won't honor the sale? Have you given him adequate time to respond? It's the weekend, he may not be on eBay like many sellers who have lives outside of eBay.  Is he in Texas or Florida? 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@gentleben_span,

How long ago did you win the auction and pay?  What is the last estimated delivery date?  Did you look at the seller's feedback profile, to see if they have sold anything in the last year, or ever before?

If your concern is that no tracking has been uploaded, that does not mean a thing. Tracking is not a requirement on ebay.  If the seller shipped using media mail I'm not sure if they can even get tracking for the package.

If the seller has no feedback for selling in the last year, or at all.  Chances are they have run into PayPal's 21 day hold, placed on the payments of all new and returning sellers, and they do not know what to do about it,

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply