cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller sent to me an anonymous package?

I ordered a fixed price item on ebay. In 2 hrs , i sent concellation messages to seller. Seller didnt respond to it.  The seller didnt put any tracking information on Ebay. After several days, I got an anomymous package. The package is sent out one day later after i made order based on a tracking # on the package.

my questions, can i ask for refund by returning the package to the seller? thanks

Message 1 of 85
latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

is there anyone who can  help me thanks

Message 2 of 85
latest reply

and i believe that the item i got is a conterfeit one!

Message 3 of 85
latest reply

Don't known if I can help... however what is an "anonymous package"?

Why do you want to return the item?

Message 4 of 85
latest reply

@*help_no_brakes* wrote:

Don't known if I can help... however what is an "anonymous package"?

Why do you want to return the item?

Thanks for replying . The package doesnt have sender name and mailing address.

i already sent concellation messages to the seller after i made an order in 2 hrs at that time  I doubted that the item is not authentic one. I dont need the item.

Message 5 of 85
latest reply

Well, somebody has to ask the obvious question so it might as well be me. If the package was anonymous, how do you know it was from the seller?
Message 6 of 85
latest reply

item in the package  looks like the item online though I am not 100% sure that the item is from the seller.  I assumed that it might be from seller.  Otherwise, what i can do ? i didnt get any packages from the seller. I just want to get my money back

Message 7 of 85
latest reply

@hopeher wrote:

item in the package  looks like the item online though I am not 100% sure that the item is from the seller.  I assumed that it might be from seller.  Otherwise, what i can do ? i didnt get any packages from the seller. I just want to get my money back

@hopeher

On eBay a buyer can not cancel.

You can request to cancel.

You purchased, you paid, it is yours.

If the seller does not accept returns, you can sell the item yourself, gift it, donate it, or throw it away.

If the seller accepts returns, return postage, and probably inital postage is on you as this is a remorse return.

Message 8 of 85
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@hopeher wrote:

@hopeher

If the seller does not accept returns, you can sell the item yourself, gift it, donate it, or throw it away.

If the seller accepts returns, return postage, and probably inital postage is on you as this is a remorse return.

This is not remorse return. i believe that the item i got is conterfeit one.  This is  a completely different issue !

Message 9 of 85
latest reply

My post of remorse was because you said you cancelled  requested to cancel 2 hours after purchasing.

Message 10 of 85
latest reply

im wondering why the seller sent me an anonymous package. The only reason i can think is that the product has a big defect. Thats why the seller sent me an anonymous package and insisted selling the item to me

@hopeher wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@hopeher wrote:

@hopeher

This is not remorse return. i believe that the item i got is conterfeit one.  This is  a completely different issue !

Message 11 of 85
latest reply

yes i requested cancellation in 2 hrs after i made the order because i doubted the authentication of the bag at that time! 

its really wireds that this seller insisted the selling. and sent out the package without sender information at all.

Message 13 of 85
latest reply

If item is as described, you own it. If it is a fake, you can go to your purchase history and initiate a return. You may wish to read the information listed in the help section, reference: returns. Follow the guidelines EXACTLY.  If the return is approved, you will get a shipping label with the seller's address.

Message 14 of 85
latest reply

First off, the seller is not required to cancel your order just because you request it.

Secondly, the isn't required to respond to your request to cancel.

Thirdly, the seller is not required to furnish you with a tracking number or even send the item with tracking.

I'm curious as to what you are calling an anonymous package.  You placed an order so you should have been expecting a package containing what you ordered from the seller.  Are you saying that the package didn't bear a shipping label with a return address?

Since you received the merchandise that you ordered and paid for and the seller is not required to cancel your order upon request, I'm not sure I see what your issue is. By your own admission, the package had a tracking number.  As the seller isn't required to furnish that to you there doesn't seem to be any real issue there either.  If you filed an INR dispute because the item didn't arrive and the seller hadn't shipped with tracking the seller would have lost the dispute.  However, I suspect that since you see that the package has tracking that if you had filed an INR dispute the seller would have won by simply uploading the tracking number to the resolution center.

Of course, you can open a return request and depending upon the seller's return policy you may be allowed to return the item for a refund.  However, you may have to pay the return shipping.

You can,of course, file a SNAD dispute if the item was not as described and the seller would be forced to pay the return shipping.  I noticed that you commented that you thought the item might not be authentic.  Personally, since you admit that you asked to cancel the order long before you received the item, I would question whether you the authenticity issue was the real reason for the return or whether it was merely a case of buyer's remorse.

Thank you for posting.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 15 of 85
latest reply