Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! How to contact a seller when seller is not able to respond?

There's an auction I'm watching that I want to ask the seller a specific question about shipping. When I click on "Contact Seller" and follow the prompts I get an eBay dialog saying "We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this...

Watch List Changes?

So probably not a big deal to some, but I noticed on the few things I'm watching that now there are no other watchers showing? I had 2 items in my watch list, 1 of them had 11 watchers and the other had 4 and now they both don't show any. I don't thi...

Further warnings about buying from Russia

BUYERS BEWARE OF RUSSIA , CORRUPTION, CRIMINALITY UNACCOUNTABILITY EMERGING? I have further incidents of lost stolen or never sent items from Russia. After many years of successful buying from Russia and good Ebay business relations, things have turn...

When, Or If, To Enter Negative Feedback?

Hi All, I purchased an item described as "in mint condition." You guessed it: It's not even close to being in mint condition. So I wish to return it. I sent the seller a courtesy heads up, and he replied "I don't offer returns." So I guess this is go...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 38 replies
  • 1 helpful

My ebay purchase history

I made a purchase that was misrepresented. I did email seller, they apologized as not their item but a friends with friends description. Refunded money but now it shows item unpaid. How does this reflect on me to other sellers, as I pay as soon as I ...

Auction won, payment sent by bank transfer, seller dint reply message anymore.

Hi guys, i encounter this problem on ebay, what should i do? recently i had won a auction, and the seller request to make the payment by bank transfer. I had done the payment also. Right after payment made, seller respond that he will send the item o...

Auction won, payment made, item unlisted.

Hi, I'm new to ebay. Two days ago I won a bid for a MacBookPro and I payed right away using my PayPal account. The next day I contacted the seller but didn't receive any answer. That night my account got suspended. When I called evba they said they h...

Picture not what’s described

I’ve just brought a bracelet ( well what I thought was a bracelet) . It was advertised as a pandora bracelet when in fact it’s actually a bangle and they are 2 diff things ! There was only a picture but only one so not sure if i have a case to open o...

You’ve reached a temporary buying restriction.

I'm a new user and have never purchased anything through eBay. I set up an account and started bidding in hopes of getting a new phone. I've bid on 3-4 items and have lost all auctions. I now have "reached a temporary buying restriction". In other fo...

Item didn't receive

Last September 8, 2017, I purchased an item and immediately settled the payment through Paypal.Estimated delivery was between September 25 to October 18, 2017.After October, I frequently messaged the seller regarding the status of my purchase.They sa...

Seller refunded rather than replaced item as i asked. Wont communicate.

I ordered 2 lamps from buyer for aproximately $52 a piece. One arrived broken. I asked for a replacement as i needed 2 lamps. Buyer refunded half the money and wont communicate with me. They are still selling the same lamps, but for almost 3 times th...

limit 60 days

How do you leave feedback and complaint to ebay to get refund about items bought more than 60 days ago since items turned out to be poor quality and deteriorated? eBay customer service forms have made it impossible to complain or provide feedback.

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Cancellations

Why is a seller allowed to cancle an item that I bid on and won? If I won an item and did not pay or changed my mind I get a strike and could be kicked off of ebay or at least given a bad feedback? And I am not able to leave feedback?

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 9 replies
  • 1 helpful

Need help in making my first purchases!

I'm currently having trouble with buying opitions and I have been receving these two messages during the checkout: Something went wrong. Please try to check out again.Error Code: 70025 And, We were unable to load your cart. Please try again. If the p...

Resolved! Wrong title

Hi!I won in an auction. As soon as I won, I read the title and description. As you can see in the picture these are ath-m50x headphones. I made the payment, after that the lady sent me a thanks message and I replied that I can’t wait to try out m50x ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors