cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Further warnings about buying from Russia

BUYERS BEWARE OF RUSSIA ,

CORRUPTION, CRIMINALITY UNACCOUNTABILITY EMERGING?

I have further incidents of lost stolen or never sent items from Russia.  

After many years of successful buying from Russia and good Ebay business relations, things have turned sour in the past 3-4 months with lost, stolen, missing or never sent goods from there -- ruining bank accounts, trust, relations, civility and driving up Ebay, PayPal and shipping fees.  The names of these vendors should be made public, but once refunds are SOMETIMES issued there is no recourse to issue negative feedback about sellers who do not communicate, drag their feet and offer no accountability.  If someone knows how to post feedback after issues have been "resolved," I have a growing list of Russian vendors who are to excoriated for their incompetence, unaccountbility and actions against "The Ebay Spirit."  Once my issues are resolved I'll be another exit from The Ebay Community.  EBAY BUYERS BEWARE OF RUSSIAN MEDDLING!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

"ruining bank accounts, trust, relations, civility "

I wonder what the hell you are buying from russia that you managed to loose your civility or relation?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Ms. Piercings...

Buying nothing from Russia I haven't bought successfully for years.  Just all of a sudden things have changed.  When it has happened with six longterm, reliable vendors, I have to suspect something is up.  I'm a buyer, not seller.  These folks are sellers -- many supplementing marginal incomes.  I haven't lost my civility, madam; but I have had to take a firm stance for my interests within Ebay's bounds.  And the reaction to this from certain sellers has been uncivil, distrustful, etc.  Blackballed from further business for paying on time, being extremely patient and doing everything the "Ebay way." 

I'm just putting this discussion out there to see if my case is isolated or if there is a trend occurring.  The situation hasn't ruined my bank account or my courtesy to any other human being.  But toward certain nameless, faceless and unaccountable organizations and bureaucracies... fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me!  Time for me to leave "The Community?"

Message 3 of 3
latest reply