Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Seller waited 8 days to ship item, used slower shipping method than listing stated

Ordered a t-shirt last Tuesday (2/26). Seller accepted my best offer and the listing said it would be shipped free via USPS First Class. I waited a few days and the seller still hadn't marked it as shipped or provided tracking, but I didn't really th...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller not responding to Questions or Offers

I saw an item I want, asked questions, no response, this has been going on for a week into two now. Seller has a 16 positive feedback rating as seller and buyer combined, hasn't sold or purchased anything for a year seeing their feedback.. I am not s...

Seller wants me say I received an item when I have not

I purchased an large item from a new seller with "local pickup" as only shipping option. I messaged him before buying to make sure he could hold it for me until I could come for it, which may be several weeks. I paid for it right away with PayPal. Se...

Seller is requesting positive feedback before resolving problem

Hi all: I've only made a handful of purchases through ebay but I've made hundreds of other purchases in my life and this doesn't seem right. I purchased a nice quadcopter from an ebay seller with probably 97+% positive feedback. When I got the quadco...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

CANNOT ADD ITEMS TO WATCH LIST

Why not options for TECHNICAL ISSUES? This is the second time in 2 weeks that I cannot add items to my watch list. And YES, I cleaned my cache and deleted history etc etc. Oh, and I only have 87 items on my watch list.

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Blocked bidder on my list, but is still bidding

I have a blocked bidder on my list due to non payment. I noticed that they are bidding on one of my auctions. What action do I take at this time? Obviously the blocked bidder list is not working.

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Received LEGO set - not as described - advice

I purchased a large LEGO set (21309) as a gift. The auction picture showed a few creases in the bottom of the box (not atypical of a LEGO pulled from the shelves of a big box store) and was listed as New.When the LEGO arrived, it had been shipped in ...

Item received not as described - Film camera not operational

I bought a used film camera with several accessories which was described by the seller as recently checked and fully operational. The items received two days ago and I was quite pleased at first with how they looked. However upon testing the camera w...

Money back

How do I send a request to eBay for them to ask a seller to refund my money and just keep the product. I bought it on Nov. 16th and I still don’t have it. It’s been sent from the USA to Illinois. The seller never responded to me when I asked where it...

Stealing My Purchase

So I recently made a large purchase that my grandmother put on her credit card and even though my shipping address in Arkansas and everything was right, the tracking number said the package was unable to be delivered in Delaware! Asked the seller wha...

Ebay's abuse of Buyers

How do you deal with this situation? Unscrupulous Seller post something fraudulent. You send a memo questioning the post because its a product your interested in. Seller, caught in a lie, choses to stay with the lie and continue to attempt to defraud...

Resolved! Glitch When Buying eBay Gift Card

So since you can't do partial payments on two different credit cards to split payments for one purchase, I needed to buy an eBay gift card. I was short $15 on one credit card, so by buying an eBay gift card I could combine the $15 from the one credit...

Another kind of scam seller?

Hello. I recently encountered a suspicious China seller. In the beginning, the seller responded quickly and provided tracking information very soon. From the tracking number, the item was indeed being shipped to my city. I checked the tracking update...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors