cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you do in this situation?

Okay so a few days ago I bought a phone as a gift for my daughter. The phone title said  for example it was phone Brand A and version 2
I happened to look at the photo a little closer  after ordering and noticed that the Brand was A as stated but the version was 1 and not 2.
The boxes of the 2 different version are pretty much identical. The phone had already shipped at this point.....

I contacted the seller and they apologized and said they forgot to change the photo and issued a full refund right away. Okay, the phone is still on it's way so I asked the seller what they would like me to do when it arrives. The seller has not answered me back........so would you just not open package and mark as refused or would you think that seller refunded because they do not want it back and to keep it?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: What would you do in this situation?

Well, alrighty then. Buy your daughter an extra gift for Christmas. 😊

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

This will be gifted to her in 1 week for her 13th birthday 🙂

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

@head2toetheatrical wrote:

I've never had to pay to get a buyer refused package back 🤔

@head2toetheatrical , @albertalbertalberto 
As a buyer, I was once charged a 2nd fee by UPS when a seller refused delivery of a package I returned to them (as part of a SNAD claim).

This was before sellers paid return shipping for any reason … so I was essentially charged twice for the UPS return label.  [eBay reversed one of the charges eventually.]

Message 18 of 18
latest reply