cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you do in this situation?

Okay so a few days ago I bought a phone as a gift for my daughter. The phone title said  for example it was phone Brand A and version 2
I happened to look at the photo a little closer  after ordering and noticed that the Brand was A as stated but the version was 1 and not 2.
The boxes of the 2 different version are pretty much identical. The phone had already shipped at this point.....

I contacted the seller and they apologized and said they forgot to change the photo and issued a full refund right away. Okay, the phone is still on it's way so I asked the seller what they would like me to do when it arrives. The seller has not answered me back........so would you just not open package and mark as refused or would you think that seller refunded because they do not want it back and to keep it?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Don't assume anything, & wait for the seller to respond.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I'm surprised the seller refunded before you received or had chance to return.

Maybe they didn't ship yet?

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Since you have been refunded, do make sure first.   You can just mark it refused and hand it back to the shipper.  Letter carrier if it was shipped USPS.   Could be they recalled the package but that is expensive.    Does not look like they want it back. 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Yes, I have received the refund and item shipped and is scheduled to delivered Tuesday 

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I heard back and seller said to keep item when it arrives because they had buyer refuse item before and they had to pay post office to get it back 

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I've never had to pay to get a buyer refused package back 🤔

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I would resell yourself or gift it.........

What a lucky seller to be able to afford to lose the phone without issue LOL

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@head2toetheatrical wrote:

I've never had to pay to get a buyer refused package back 🤔

Neither have I. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe the phone is a piece of junk and the seller knew I'd be returning it anyway when it arrives so decided to refund in hopes that I'd still consider it a positive experience.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

"I've never had to pay to get a buyer refused package back "

I was charged fror a refused package once.

Originally Answered: U.S. Postal Service:When refusing a package upon delivery, does the sender pay return shipping? The original sender does pay for returns if they used ground service. Priority Mail and First Class Mail is returned at no cost. The customer who refuses it does not pay, unless they opened it.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Send them another message or email explaining that you've received the refund but have not received any instructions regarding the phone's arrival. Politely ask them what they would like you to do when the phone arrives.
Give the seller some time to respond to your message. They may need a bit more time to get back to you, especially if they are a busy seller.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

As mentioned above they told me to keep the item and the refund

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

It sounds like the seller may have realized their mistake and opted to issue a refund rather than deal with the return process. It's always a good idea to clarify with the seller, but if they're unresponsive, you've made a good faith effort to communicate.

If you receive the phone and the seller hasn't provided instructions on returning it, you can choose to keep it. Legally, you may not be obligated to return the item if the seller issued a refund without specifying a return process. However, it's still a good practice to make reasonable attempts to resolve the situation, so trying to contact the seller once more before making a decision would be considerate.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Update:

Item arrived today and is in better condition that expected.

I told seller in a message that I felt guilty keeping the item and the money and they are very insistent that I keep it.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply