cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller has 25K+ feedback and is pulling a scam , ebay allows them to continue...........

So this is something that will most likely be pulled down because ebay doesn't like it, but this MUST be said and buyers and sellers NEED to made aware of what is going on. 

I am a long time ebay seller with 5k+ in feedback

I needed to purchase a NEW label printer 

I purchased one from the seller , when I got the printer it was NOT new, not even remotely close to being new, it wasn't even sent in an original OEM box, and the item was clearly in a refurbished electronics bag.

I messaged the seller, no response, so I had to open a return case. NOW listen when I purchased the item, there was only 1 in stock, it said like 74 sold, and I saw their large amount of feedback, so I purchased the supposed LAST ONE, the very next day the quantity was back to one again, such a low down practice, and very shady, especially for someone who is supposedly one of ebay's best

It gets worse, finally after 3 days the seller accepts the return and sends me the label, I take complete pictures before and after I repacked it to send back out, I NEVER EVEN OPEN THE PRINTER IN THE SEALED REFURBISHED BAG! 

The seller gets the item and 2 days go by, I message and ask when my refund will be sent because I still needed to shop for a printer, seller responds saying they sent HALF of my money back and they were going to the local PD to file a police report (which was never filed or uploaded to the case) and keeping the rest of my money because they CLAIM I sent them an empty box?!?!? Are you kidding!?!?!

At this point I am furious and shaking I was so mad, not only was the seller trying to scam me but was also calling me a criminal.

Now I immediately contact ebay and get a supervisor on the line (whom I got employee ID and name to hold accountable) after 45 minutes of defending my perfect account and myself as to why I wasn't a scammer, and made it clear that the seller gave me half the money back, WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT IF I SENT AN EMPTY BOX, I will tell you why, because the seller wants people to just roll over and say ok then, well not me.

I called their local PD, there was never a police report filed, THEY ARE THE CRIMINALS. The ebay rep eventually agreed and gave me the other half of my money back. BUYERS BEWARE OF THIS SELLER!!   

This will be blasted on every possible social media site until ebay hold this seller accountable for their actions, and making true honest sellers look bad. 

Ebay is showing their true colors by letting this go on, I'm sure if I bugged news sites and radio stations long enough that eventually I will be able to get this story out there, DOES EBAY REALLY ACTUALLY CARE????

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Seller has 25K+ feedback and is pulling a scam , ebay allows them to continue...........

@legacycoins wrote:

The ebay rep eventually agreed and gave me the other half of my money back. BUYERS BEWARE OF THIS SELLER!!   

Unfortunately @legacycoins you did this wrong.

eBay paid you out-of-pocket for the other half of your refund,

and your seller got back their item and got away with half of your money.

Instead, you should have stopped talking to the seller after the return, and did not need to call their PD. If you had filed a "Credit not processed" chargeback with your card issuer, your seller would have had to pay the rest of your refund, forfeit all of the original fees that eBay gave them back, plus pay a $20 dispute fee. 

Why Would a Customer File a Chargeback With Reason Code “Credit Not Processed?”
“Credit Not Processed” chargebacks are filed by customers who have returned their purchase but did not receive a refund from the merchant.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Re: Seller has 25K+ feedback and is pulling a scam , ebay allows them to continue...........

The point is that ebay is allowing it to continue, that's the point here, not the step process I took, and I paid with my bank card same as paying debit from what the bank told me 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Brevity and double spacing after paragraphs are your friends. It's pretty impossible to figure out from that huge block of text what the issue is. But from what I can gather, you did indeed handle the case incorrectly. If you opened a 'not as described' case through eBay and the seller didn't give you a full refund, all you had to do was go back to the case and ask eBay to step in. You would have gotten the rest of the refund without ever having to speak to anyone at eBay. 

As for eBay holding the seller accountable, what do you propose they do? For eBay to suspend a seller requires more than one complaint. Every case opened against a seller goes on their record, even if they voluntarily comply and avoid a defect. As a seller yourself you should know this. If a seller racks up too many cases, eBay takes action that can include finally suspending the account. But they aren't going to do it based on one complaint. Would you want your selling account suspended the first time someone complained?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@legacycoins wrote:

Pretty typical responses. One criticizing they way I typed the message. The other saying it was my fault that the seller pulled this. 

As a top-ratted seller seller yourself @legacycoins with thousands of purchases, you already know that eBay not only allows a 50% refund -- eBay encourages a 50% refund.

T0jdsifjpsidjipfojaspdipfijsdpajfo0.jpg

Worse, your seller was prepared to point at the ruckus you raised as proof of a difficult buyer. Please just start a "Wrong item sent" request, return the item, then silently wait for eBay to force a full refund next time.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I needed to purchase a NEW label printer

...when I got the printer it was NOT new,

... so I had to open a return case.

...the seller accepts the return and sends me the label,..

seller responds saying they sent HALF of my money back

Now up to the partial refund, in spite of a lot of irrelevant detail, this was done properly.

and keeping the rest of my money because they CLAIM I sent them an empty box?!

Which is even stranger, since an empty box would mean NO refund  not a partial.

Could someone explain how a seller can give only a partial refund on a returned item?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Ah! @otow_18   shows that a TRS can claim the cost of return shipping (label) and deduct up to half of the refund when the NAD is false.

In this case, basically a "he said/she said".  And eBay did not take sides.

The complaining buyer got the full refund.

The angry (threatening a police action over a label printer worth less than $100?) seller got the printer back and only had to refund half the payment.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

"So this is something that will most likely be pulled down because ebay doesn't like it, but this MUST be said and buyers and sellers NEED to made aware of what is going on. "

Why would Ebay pull it?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, they don't...but I do. I've been representing this company for almost 15 years and stand by my customers. They got a problem? I'll fix it, NO PROBLEM. There's a lot of bad business here, from both buyers and sellers, and it's a sad situation. I've all but left eBay, as far as selling's concerned though. Can't make any money here anymore. Of course, I did make a sale the other day but why sell one item a month when you can't get any sales on your other items?
   I understand you have to do what eBay says to do, that's fair, but DANG, it's almost become like a game. When it all comes down to everything (your problem, my problem, EVERYBODY'S problem), this is eBay's fault. Unscrupulous sellers and buyers, plus eBay allows it, too. Ain't anything you can do.
That's why I've all but left.  

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

It’s hard to say and see, but losing people like you is eBay’s real problem.  Not jailing more executives, past and present, is the other……..

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

So here is the thing. I actually say you did handle this correctly.  Essentially you repeated the seller for a false claim they used in order to keep 50% profit.  Of course it could be the item went missing in transit too.  However if this is a common practice of the seller and enough buyers handled it the way you did eBay would be keep being the one footing the bill for that other 50% and the seller would very likely lose those 50% refund privileges.  

As to why would they refund at all because they don't have a choice they have to refund or eBay will force it.  So if they did only receive back a box because the item went missing in transit they best option they have is for refund only 50%. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@legacycoins,

I get it that the seller tried to scam you, and they turned around and accused you of being "a criminal" was icing on the cake in terms of making matters worse, but what more do you want?  Their accusation isn't public and was discarded by ebay on review.  eBay did resolve the situation, even if it did take some additional effort on your part. What you post on social media and other sites is up to you, they do not have the rules about naming and shaming these boards have.

If that is the way that seller treats customers, there should be indications of that on their feedback profile page.  Since looking up their feedback profile is near impossible for us, unless we try and wade through the 6K Dyson's that have sold in the last 90 days, to find a 20500 FB seller we can't say, if there were warnings or not.  As a seller you should know how ebay rates sellers and how many defects are allowed before they lose top rated status and are restricted before eventually being removed.

As a long time member you should know to check the feedback profile page of any seller you consider buying from.  If you only looked at their feedback percentage, it can be misleading since negatives may not be allowed to be left or removed if a refund is given, and neutrals do not affect feedback percentages.  It becomes more important to check profiles to get an actual idea of a seller's reliability.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 12 of 12
latest reply