cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i Give Seller Local Pickup Code Before Getting Item.

The seller asked me to give him the 6 digit local code so ebay processes the payment the item is a virtual item and he's giving it to me through a trade/transfer of the item not sure if its safe to give him the code and if i would still be able to get a refund if he ends up scamming me he does have a high rating percentage selling other virtual items though.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No, don’t give him the code! This seller sounds like he either doesn't understand how to sell, or he could be deliberately trying to scam you. 

A seller does not need anything to process a payment once the buyer remits through eBay. And the QR codes are for local pick up items only! In addition, he could be in violation of eBay’s policy regarding digital items. 

Virtually all buyers are protected by eBay’s Money Back Guarantee. See link below for more info about your rights and benefits on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Local pickup codes are only to be used when you actually physically pick up something. It signifies that you've paid and received the item. So no, a seller shouldn't be using the codes for virtual items. That said, virtual items are not covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee, so the only protection you would have for the sale would be through Paypal or a credit card dispute. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

No, don’t give him the code! This seller sounds like he either doesn't understand how to sell, or he could be deliberately trying to scam you. 

A seller does not need anything to process a payment once the buyer remits through eBay. And the QR codes are for local pick up items only! In addition, he could be in violation of eBay’s policy regarding digital items. 

Virtually all buyers are protected by eBay’s Money Back Guarantee. See link below for more info about your rights and benefits on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

If eBay's policy about selling digitally delivered items is being violated, then how would this particular buyer expect to be protected by the MBG? 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

If eBay's policy about selling digitally delivered items is being violated, then how would this particular buyer expect to be protected by the MBG? 

Oh rats! The buyer isn't covered by the MBG. I missed that important point. @soh.maryl Thx for the head’s up!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply