cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just get a piece of cardboard in mail??

This person sent me a Piece of cardboard after winning the card for a great price, I’m guessing his dog has eaten this one as well, I hope eBay takes immediate action on this person’s account and restricts it at least minimum 30 day!! This has been the most redundant item to deal with, sent Multiple messages for seller, never contacting me one time.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Just get a piece of cardboard in mail??

Did the package look tampered with in any way? I once sent a comic book to someone who sent pictures of everything he received which was only the envelope and the pieces of cardboard I put around the comic. But when I looked close I noticed the bottom of the envelope had been opened and taped, and I only tape the top part of the envelope over where it seals.

I still refunded the buyer as I doubted he was scamming me, and I tried to open a claim with his PO, but yeah...no. 

Odds are the seller could be dishonest, but there is the chance someone tampered and removed the actual card then dropped it back in your box. Lot of sketchy people these days

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

Again, you received the wrong item evidently? You have 30 days from the date of receipt to open an INR case.  That clock starts running the day you received it, not the day you placed the order.  

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

Here is what it says and where those three days come in:

"Seller does not accept returns. If the item you received doesn't match the listing description, your purchase may be eligible for eBay Money Back Guarantee if the return request is made within 3 days from delivery"

Is this something new? Can't say that I have noticed this before.

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

Effective today, July 29, 2021, eBay has implemented changes to the eBay Money Back Guarantee policy for trading cards and will limit the window for returns when an item doesn't match the listing. For listings that do not offer returns, the buyer must request a return within 3 calendar days after delivery.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 19 of 33
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Again, you received the wrong item evidently? You have 30 days from the date of receipt to open an INR case.  That clock starts running the day you received it, not the day you placed the order.  

Not for trading cards. Its 3 days.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 20 of 33
latest reply

Effective on July 29, 2021...not today since today is September 24th 2023....correct?

Message 21 of 33
latest reply

I think it depends on the sale price also....High end items is 3 days and cheap items is 30 days.

Message 22 of 33
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Effective on July 29, 2021...not today since today is September 24th 2023....correct?

That was a quote from the eBay announcement.

Message 23 of 33
latest reply

And I was quoting bonjourami...

You need to read before you post...

"effective today, July 29, 2021"...from bonjourami.....today is September 24th, 2023.

And I actually did some research on trading cards where some trading cards still have a 30 MBG...cheaper ones.

Higher end ones do have a 3 day return...

Message 24 of 33
latest reply

Quotation marks...."   "....remember those...

Message 25 of 33
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Quotation marks...."   "....remember those...

I was simply answering your question (question marks...?...remember those...). And I had nothing to do with the lack of quotation marks, as it wasn't my post. I did, however, manage to figure it out without them.

Message 26 of 33
latest reply

The person bought it for 70+, sold for 5. 3 weeks to start moving in mail, 3 years on this account for store, been on now 22 years, doesn’t even weigh correct. 

Message 27 of 33
latest reply

Because I needed that card to match the other serial numbers, otherwise did not need any of them! He purchased for 70+, not my fault he didn’t put a reserve, also not my fault he has done this multiple time, and I can’t return the other items, due to 3 day policy, so definitely not venting, trying to figure out why eBay don’t follow there own policy knowing the seller has done to multiple people. Also storefront account, been on for 22 years.

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

Have done, seller not accepting!

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

I was confused by the previous posts too. Obviously the buyer had a more expensive card since he knew he only had three days to return it.Since that three day criteria became "effective today, July 29, 2021".Quotation marks included.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 30 of 33
latest reply