cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I left negative feedback - eBay removed?

I was shocked to open package and find my purchased item (a magnifier scope) wrapped in a used Covid19 test kit box. It did frighten me (I am old) after touching the box and breathing the air. I did keep the item, but I left negative feedback. It is no longer there. Feedback disappeared. Apparently removed by eBay. No notice. No reason given. Does eBay not understand buyer spirit. It ruins buyer spirit to buy when interfered with like this. Especially with no reason or notice. It is like I am the buyer who does not deserve consideration for my experience. Ebay totally ignored me.

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: I left negative feedback - eBay removed?

@jgrit wrote:

It is a question of probabilities. Someone who used a covid19 test box is probably sick and wants to test for it.

Even if the person who used the test kit had Covid, the virus can live no more than 24 hours on a cardboard surface, far less than the time it took the package to arrive. And being afraid to breathe the air around it is ridiculous. Viruses don't pass from surfaces to the air; they pass from people's breath and water droplets. There's this wonderful thing called science. You should look into it.

There is no more chance of catching Covid from that package than any other package. And how many people died of Covid has absolutely nothing to do with the chances of catching it from a box, which are close to non-existent. I had a dear friend die of Covid, but even that didn't spiral me into paranoia. I choose to follow the science.

Message 31 of 48
latest reply

@jgrit wrote:

It is a question of probabilities. Someone who used a covid19 test box is probably sick and wants to test for it.

That isn't even necessarily true. I always test before I go on a trip with friends just to be safe, since we're all going to be rooming together and I wouldn't want to be the cause of anyone getting sick.

Message 32 of 48
latest reply

The only box I fear is the one I will be placed in on my final disposition.  

Message 33 of 48
latest reply

Who says the box was "used?"

Maybe the contents were expired and thrown away by someone who never even tested for Covid. Maybe it's just an empty box. 

I would never use them for shipping, but I have a small stack of test kits past their official expiration dates. Danger level: Zero.

Message 34 of 48
latest reply

@lux.ra_14 wrote:

Who says the box was "used?"

Maybe the contents were expired and thrown away by someone who never even tested for Covid. Maybe it's just an empty box. 

I would never use them for shipping, but I have a small stack of test kits past their official expiration dates. Danger level: Zero.

As an fyi, many kits now have extended expiration dates. So even if it shows it to be past the expiration date it may still be good. The FDA has a list of the extended expiration dates here.

Message 35 of 48
latest reply

That is good to know. We have dozens of boxes each containing 10 kits at the office which expired in January and it felt wrong to throw them away…

Message 36 of 48
latest reply

So you left a negative review cause something was put in an empty Covid test kit box? If so that review did deserve to get removed. 

Message 37 of 48
latest reply

"???? Why should a Covid test box be any scarier than any other box? Even if the seller had Covid, you can't catch it from a box. "

While I agree the buyer shouldnt have left a negative fb for receiving the item in a used Covid test box, I would have let the seller know I didnt appreciate that. While the general consesus is that the Covid virus cant live on surfaces, I took care of several patients that were infected from the surface touching of a droplet.The doctors opinion was that it couldnt have happened any other way.Its probably rare, but it did, and does happen,and two of those patients expired.So like I said, to each his own. I would prefer not to receive an item in a used Covid test box.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 38 of 48
latest reply

You have no idea if the test was used for an actual test or not.

While it is not something I would use and can understand the concerns, many of the covid tests have now long expired. 

Then there are the millions and millions of covid test boxes that say expires October 15, 2023, but the fluid inside has an expiration date of 6 months ago.   

Stupid that it happens but when they were slamming these together, and still are, there can be a huge discrepancy between the box expiration date and the actual expiration date. So, it may very well be the test was never used at all for its intended purpose. 

Message 39 of 48
latest reply

" You have no idea if the test was used for an actual test or not."

And you have no idea that the test wasnt used by a very,very, sick person, right? Id rather be safe than sorry..its just a personal choice that Id rather not receive an item in a used Covid test box.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 40 of 48
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@jgrit  - Do you ship every one of your 7100 listings in brand new packaging? 

Not addressed to me - but actually, yes I do ship all 13K items in brand new packaging... new envelopes, new bubble mailers, new Priority boxes & envelopes, new eBay boxes. I get the boxes from the eBay supplies store (a bunch of different sizes) and keep them on hand... bubble mailers I buy by the thousands.

Brand new clean packaging has a visual appeal and buyers like it. Besides, I don't know a source to get enough recycled packaging to keep up with my shipping volume.

C.

Message 41 of 48
latest reply

@sin-n-dex wrote:

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@jgrit  - Do you ship every one of your 7100 listings in brand new packaging? 

Not addressed to me - but actually, yes I do ship all 13K items in brand new packaging... new envelopes, new bubble mailers, new Priority boxes & envelopes, new eBay boxes. I get the boxes from the eBay supplies store (a bunch of different sizes) and keep them on hand... bubble mailers I buy by the thousands.

Brand new clean packaging has a visual appeal and buyers like it. Besides, I don't know a source to get enough recycled packaging to keep up with my shipping volume.

C.

I am with you, I always use new shipping materials.  I ship only in new boxes and have hundreds and hundreds of them.

Message 42 of 48
latest reply

@jgrit wrote:

No actual danger? I just read in the paper that like 3000 people died of Covid19 in nursing homes. I call that a threat and a danger - not just a fear; but a fear based on fact.

Hi @jgrit 

Of course COVID is a danger.  [I just got my 4th booster shot.]

I said that there is no actual danger in receiving an item shipped in an empty COVID test box … which is accurate.  [Ask your doctor or pharmacist.]   🙂

Message 43 of 48
latest reply

I just hope people will use their own common sense when it comes to Covid.You cant be too careful.There have already been outbreaks across the country,being tracked by the WHO, and CDC.

Share Tweet Share Whatsapp Messenger

SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus responsible for COVID-19, can survive on surfaces for up to 28 days: longer than any other coronavirus. The survival and contagiousness of the virus are also influenced by environmental conditions. This was the conclusion of a systematic review of the literature, conducted by a research team from the Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie (IZSVe), published in Science of the Total Environment.

Message 44 of 48
latest reply

Thanks for the links!   🙂

I'm sure there are vaccine deniers who are shipping stuff in just about anything ... as well as accepting, sorting, and delivering our packages to us.  They also are sneezing on us in public.

My personal belief is that we need to be informed about the disease ... take the recommended preventatives and precautions ourselves ... and then go about our lives as normally as possible so that we don't ruin our mental health worrying about the things we cannot control.  Again ... JMHO.  

Message 45 of 48
latest reply