cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I left negative feedback - eBay removed?

I was shocked to open package and find my purchased item (a magnifier scope) wrapped in a used Covid19 test kit box. It did frighten me (I am old) after touching the box and breathing the air. I did keep the item, but I left negative feedback. It is no longer there. Feedback disappeared. Apparently removed by eBay. No notice. No reason given. Does eBay not understand buyer spirit. It ruins buyer spirit to buy when interfered with like this. Especially with no reason or notice. It is like I am the buyer who does not deserve consideration for my experience. Ebay totally ignored me.

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: I left negative feedback - eBay removed?

Once I received a 300$ book in a Honeycombs box. Hell I didn't even know they still made it. Went out that evening and got me a box o Honeycombs. No mas Cheerios 

Message 16 of 48
latest reply

I once got a vintage Barbie doll in a used pizza box. And no, I didn't leave negative feedback, because the doll was in a plastic bag and not damaged. 

Message 17 of 48
latest reply

"I’m not sure how a test kit box could frighten anyone. "

A used Covid test box?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 18 of 48
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

"I’m not sure how a test kit box could frighten anyone. "

A used Covid test box?

???? Why should a Covid test box be any scarier than any other box? Even if the seller had Covid, you can't catch it from a box. 

Message 19 of 48
latest reply

Sorry, I wouldnt like it either..Im a nurse who worked during the Covid epidemic,saw it up close and personal. And I learned you can never be too careful.To each his own.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 20 of 48
latest reply

@selsa84 wrote:

Once I received a 300$ book in a Honeycombs box. Hell I didn't even know they still made it. Went out that evening and got me a box o Honeycombs. No mas Cheerios 

Now I have the Honeycomb jingle stuck in my head.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 21 of 48
latest reply

That is part of the problem. Ebay did not say what, if anything, was said that caused removal. I have been on eBay for a long time and am pretty sure nothing was said my NF to warrant removal. I am getting the feeling that administrators are not monitored by eBay and therefore administrators can remove feedback for whatever reason they are feeling at the time. Still, eBay gave no consideration to telling me - anything.

Message 22 of 48
latest reply

No actual danger? I just read in the paper that like 3000 people died of Covid19 in nursing homes. I call that a threat and a danger - not just a fear; but a fear based on fact.

Message 23 of 48
latest reply

Yes. He was clueless as to the danger. He said he was just trying to save money on shipping supplies.

Message 24 of 48
latest reply

See my feedback. Maybe one NF in fifty PF.

Message 25 of 48
latest reply

There was no danger. 

Message 26 of 48
latest reply

Fun fact:

USPS will not ship box package with alcohol beverage advertising on the box. Even though there is no liquid of any kind in the box being shipped.

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

It is a question of probabilities. Someone who used a covid19 test box is probably sick and wants to test for it.

Message 28 of 48
latest reply

Feedback is buyer experience - opinion reasonable or not. It is his experience - purely subjective and should not be removed because of someone else's subjective opinion.

Message 29 of 48
latest reply

@jgrit wrote:

No actual danger? I just read in the paper that like 3000 people died of Covid19 in nursing homes. I call that a threat and a danger - not just a fear; but a fear based on fact.

An empty box from which the test kit was removed isn't dangerous and it's what killed "like 3000 people died of Covid19 in nursing homes."  Yes, during its height Covid was dangerous. The boxes the test kits came in weren't dangerous. 

@jgrit wrote:

Yes. He was clueless as to the danger. He said he was just trying to save money on shipping supplies.

Again, the danger isn't in the empty box. 

And many sellers try to save money on shipping supplies. You do realize that you (as a buyer) would be paying for those shipping supplies in the form of higher prices, higher shipping or both if your sellers had do purchase supplies for every shipment, do you not? 

@jgrit  - Do you ship every one of your 7100 listings in brand new packaging? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 30 of 48
latest reply