cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay allows Amazon shipments? Never received item

I purchased an Item.  The Seller put a fake USPS tracking number.  I opened an Item Not Recieved case.  The seller said "oh sorry that was the wrong tracking number that I uploaded" .  He then put a link to an amazon tracking, escalated and won the case.  

Here I am still without the item, and he took my $20.  The seller claims to be in the US, but paypal says NON-US verified.  Not sure what is going on.  But if I wanted to buy on Amazon, I'll just go to Amazon.

Message 1 of 82
latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

Re: Ebay allows Amazon shipments? Never received item

This seller didn't get TRS status by ripping off his buyers. 

Chicago is a VERY large city.  If you don't believe you could have been a victim of a package thief you have your head in the sand.  Do you leave your doors unlocked & your windows open at night or do you lock them to keep intruders out?  If there are no package thieves in Chicago there probably aren't any intruders either?  Chicago is one of the most dangerous cities to live in & probably has the most package thieves in the country.  I used to live in Madison WI.~~that was bad enough.  I moved to the sticks in a town of 500.  I can actually leave my doors unlocked when I'm home or not home, leave my windows open without a worry & have never had a package or anything else stolen~~I've been here 27 years.

Message 76 of 82
latest reply

OP said the seller sent her a link to the tracking that showed it had been shipped on Saturday and had been delivered on Sunday.  That's why she opened the INR case when she saw it showed as delivered.  I'm sure the seller sent the same link to ebay.  If the tracking was visible to the OP it would have been visible to ebay as well and proof enough of delivery for the case to close in the sellers favor.

Message 77 of 82
latest reply

@d-k_treasureswrote:

@rainbowpearls2314wrote:

After about a week of this I've got a lot of really great perspectives.  Here is the conclusion I drew..

-The seller drop shipped for Amazon. 

-Put in a fake USPS tracking number to preserve his "Top Rated Seller" status.  

-Could not locate the package (or sent a $2 item to another nearby address, who knows)

-Even though his tracking number from USPS was no good, putting the amazon tracking in the messaging system in the ebay resolution center to show it came to a nearby address was sufficient enough to win the case.

-This is the point where most consumers will give up and go shopping on a different platform.

When did ebay start looking up and verifying Amazon tracking numbers from Amazon Logistics?

As of at least last week. I was surprised too. 

Message 78 of 82
latest reply

Thank you! I also have an open case, a supposed "US Seller" with a "US warehouse that ships in 2 days" turned out to be a lie. First, he changed the date of delivery from 2 days to 6 weeks, THEN refused to give a tracking number until that date had passed. AFTER I opened a case, then he cranked out a tracking number that originated in China. Not a "US Warehouse" which still appears in his listings.
If it even ships I'll be amazed. If it arrives I'll eat worms! Not to mention, his ad was misleading about the quantity, but I already took that loss. I think he's trying to ride out the 180-day paypal thing.
Message 79 of 82
latest reply

It's VERY common that the Chinese have warehouses around the USA in different locations.  They have some stock on hand to ship but they also ship their items from China.  There are even sellers registered IN China that sell with USA "item location". 

I found a GREAT deal on a flea collar for my dog last year and I bought it ONLY to look deeper within minutes and see this seller was registered in China & described it in broken English.  I cancelled the purchase immediately.

When you read a description and it's in broken English & it's a super cheap price you can usually figure out it's a China seller and you probably won't be happy.

Message 80 of 82
latest reply

This is the 2nd time very recently someting I ordered on EBAY is being dropshipped via Amazon.

I wish I knew that before placing the order here.   As others have said, if I wanted

to order from Amazon, I would've ordered it directly from them.    How do I know it is coming via

Amazon?  Got a UPS notification of a delivery tomorrow with an Amazon tracking number.

I wish Ebay would not allow this practice or somehow make

sellers disclose it.  In this particular case, I need the item and don't really mind.   But I understand some buyers have feelings about this and why some wouldn't want something dropshipped in this way.  

Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!"
Message 81 of 82
latest reply

Also, the OP's issue demonstrates the confusion and problems that can arise with dropshipped items.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!"
Message 82 of 82
latest reply