cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay allows Amazon shipments? Never received item

I purchased an Item.  The Seller put a fake USPS tracking number.  I opened an Item Not Recieved case.  The seller said "oh sorry that was the wrong tracking number that I uploaded" .  He then put a link to an amazon tracking, escalated and won the case.  

Here I am still without the item, and he took my $20.  The seller claims to be in the US, but paypal says NON-US verified.  Not sure what is going on.  But if I wanted to buy on Amazon, I'll just go to Amazon.

Message 1 of 82
latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

Re: Ebay allows Amazon shipments? Never received item

After about a week of this I've got a lot of really great perspectives.  Here is the conclusion I drew..

-The seller drop shipped for Amazon. 

-Put in a fake USPS tracking number to preserve his "Top Rated Seller" status.  

-Could not locate the package (or sent a $2 item to another nearby address, who knows)

-Even though his tracking number from USPS was no good, putting the amazon tracking in the messaging system in the ebay resolution center to show it came to a nearby address was sufficient enough to win the case.

-This is the point where most consumers will give up and go shopping on a different platform.

Message 61 of 82
latest reply

@rainbowpearls2314wrote:

After about a week of this I've got a lot of really great perspectives.  Here is the conclusion I drew..

-Could not locate the package (or sent a $2 item to another nearby address, who knows)

-Even though his tracking number from USPS was no good, putting the amazon tracking in the messaging system in the ebay resolution center to show it came to a nearby address was sufficient enough to win the case.

-This is the point where most consumers will give up and go shopping on a different platform.

A lot of assumption and speculation it's a $20 item.  Not something most sellers go through an elaborate scam on.    Occam's razor applies the most likely scenario the seller got shipments mixed up and put the wrong tracking number in and then put in the right one but the shipment was either stolen or misdelivered 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 62 of 82
latest reply

Message 63 of 82
latest reply

How do you get mixed up what carrier you are using when he knew amazon was going to ship it? 

Are you trying to convince me that he thought he shipped it USPS, but then forgot that he drop shipped it off of amazon?  I just don't understand how this could be a "mistake".  

Message 64 of 82
latest reply

@rainbowpearls2314wrote:

How do you get mixed up what carrier you are using, when you know you are drop shipping off of amazon? I don't think there was a mix up here.

Because Amazon uses multiple carriers.  I've received USPS, ups and fed ex with Amazon prime.  Haven't had logistics yet.

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 65 of 82
latest reply

@myangelandmyprincesswrote:

@rainbowpearls2314wrote:

How do you get mixed up what carrier you are using, when you know you are drop shipping off of amazon? I don't think there was a mix up here.

Because Amazon uses multiple carriers.  I've received USPS, ups and fed ex with Amazon prime.  Haven't had logistics yet.

So, he didn't get confused, or accidently put in the wrong tracking?  He put in a tracking number that he KNEW was not associated with this purchase.  

I'm still struggling to find the "mix up"

Message 66 of 82
latest reply

@rainbowpearls2314wrote:

@rainbowpearls2314wrote:

So, he didn't get confused, or accidently put in the wrong tracking?  He put in a tracking number that he KNEW was not associated with this purchase.  

I'm still struggling to find the "mix up"

If he has a lot of drop shipping going on from Amazon he could have mixed up purchases easily.  Or clicked on the wrong tracking number in his Amazon purchase to copy it into your information.  Not that hard to fathom happening.  

Message 67 of 82
latest reply

If he has a lot of drop shipping going on from Amazon he could have mixed up purchases easily.  Or clicked on the wrong tracking number in his Amazon purchase to copy it into your information.  Not that hard to fathom happening.  

I would find this believeable if the tracking number didn't show the same time-frame and state that the deliever was intended for.  

If he accidently put the wrong tracking number, it would be a slim chance that tracking would be in my state or within the approx time frame of my purchase.  

Message 68 of 82
latest reply

@rainbowpearls2314wrote:

I would find this believeable if the tracking number didn't show the same time-frame and state that the deliever was intended for.  

If he accidently put the wrong tracking number, it would be a slim chance that tracking would be in my state or within the approx time frame of my purchase.  

Which makes more sense that it could have been a mix up if they were so closely related.   Since I don't know how logistics maybe the USPS number what's what got it to the local Amazon logistics persoN. 

I do know your conclusion is unlikely.  Finding a $2 item that ships in that quick of time basically doesn't happen on Amazon unless it's an "add on" item that you have to pay $25 in other merchandise to get.     And it's way too much trouble to do all that just for $20 

Message 69 of 82
latest reply

the mistake could of been on sellers end, amazons end or amazon shipping. i doubt it was on purpose. it was a small ticket item and you were reemberced so all is good on that, but the main issue is still there waiting to happen again! what if it had been thousands of dollars? seller bailed once they had confirmation and left buyer to deal with a third party.  other sellers quickly rush in to condemn you and nobody sees the problem! 

Message 70 of 82
latest reply

@jrinamwrote:

the mistake could of been on sellers end, amazons end or amazon shipping. i doubt it was on purpose. it was a small ticket item and you were reemberced so all is good on that, but the main issue is still there waiting to happen again! what if it had been thousands of dollars? seller bailed once they had confirmation and left buyer to deal with a third party.  other sellers quickly rush in to condemn you and nobody sees the problem! 

All shipping is third party.  And showing delivered is the one of the few protections a seller has.  I'm not condemning the buyer but it that protection was taken away I promise you many honest sellers would be gone and the scammers would just find a way around it 

Message 71 of 82
latest reply

All shipping is third party.  And showing delivered is the one of the few protections a seller has.  I'm not condemning the buyer but it that protection was taken away I promise you many honest sellers would be gone and the scammers would just find a way around it 

i fully agree about the seller protection and scammers. this is a perfect example of how dropshipping 'can' be a problem. 'if' there is an issue, the buyer is asked/told to deal with a third party and may hit road blocks they can not overcome. (no amizon account). it may not seem fair that the seller needs to hold their hand threw tracking but the seller sold it to them, not amazon.  mentioning amazon shipping was only to add yet another party where mistakes could of been made. the buyer technically has no rights with the shipping company, in dropshipping, neither does the seller. only the one that shipped it! most shippers overlook this and will help but both fedex and ups have forced me to have buyer (the paying costomer of shipper) file the complaint.

Message 72 of 82
latest reply

@rainbowpearls2314wrote:

When did ebay start looking up and verifying Amazon tracking numbers from Amazon Logistics?

The seller didn't drop ship FOR amazon~~amazon drop shipped for the seller. 

How did the seller put in a "fake" USPS # when you said yourself that tracking number showed it had been delivered just prior to your order?  The seller got mixed up and the number wasn't "fake" as it was a "real" USPS tracking number~~not a fake made up #.  Fake means not real and this number was real. 

Could not locate the package or sent a $2.00 item to a nearby address?  He had the tracking number that belonged to your amazon shipment so how could he not "locate it" when you say tracking showed it was shipped on Saturday and  delivered on Sunday?  On what day prior to Saturday did you make your purchase?

Message 74 of 82
latest reply

Here's something that puzzles me. Amazon provided a tracking number. ebay says the item was received. Buyer says Amazon will not release the tracking information to her unless she has an Amazon account, probably the account that made the shipment. How did ebay confirm the item had been delivered?

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 75 of 82
latest reply