Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Feedback after purchasing Hatching Eggs

So far I have not sold any bird eggs for hatching on eBay, although I have purshased some from various sellers via eBay. I find it very annoying that many people continue to leave negative feedback after purchasing eggs when all sellers make it clear...

buying restriction but no explanation??

So I've just registered on ebay to buy a dvd, linked my verified paypal to the account and no matter if I bid at the auction or choose to buy now, I always get a message that my byuing is restricted. Ebay help section says I should get an email expla...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Appropriateness on requesting feedback?

Within the past month I recently won two auctions. I paid both within a few hours, as soon as I received the notification that I won. The items arrived quickly and were exactly as described. Upon receipt of the items I immediately left positive feedb...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Maybe 84 scammed

Hi. I bought a tool in China, twice, and seller sent item to wrong address (two times...!!). Seller told me "maybe the Post Office made a mistake" ... I thought, it was my bad luck, but his profile has many negative feedback (more than 28 in one mont...

Resolved! Money Back Guarantee questions

OK, I should have known better and gone with my instincts, but I purchased something that turned out to be Not As Described. After over 3000 transactions you would think I'd know better. The seller won't take the item back, so I have to use Ebay's MB...

Buyers do your homework

Before making a major purchase decision, DO YOUR HOMEWORK. If you want a product to have something specific, READ the listing carefully before buying. If you want authentic Jadore perfume, look to buying one that says 100% authentic. If it does not s...

Export purchase history to CSV?

Hello, Is there a way to export your purchase history to a CSV to work with the data in an offline spreadsheet? If such a feature does not exist it would be desirable. For both purchases and sales, especially for business accounts. Thanks.

User avatar by Scout
  • 0 replies
  • 1 helpful

BEWARE!!! eBay "refined" their saved searches into uselessness

I've found that sometime in the last few days or weeks, eBay has changed their saved search algorithm and rendered some new saved searches useless. Specifically, it's now impossible to exclude terms. For example, if you want to search for balls that ...

Seller cancels after I paid and relists for higher price

I ordered and paid for an item on an auction yesterday. The seller responded today stating that his auction software applied a discount by mistake and listed the item as in stock by mistake. He cancelled the transaction and refunded my money. Then he...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is ebay going down the drain? Seller cancel my purchase even after I paid fully the won auction.

After being on ebay for about 2 decades, this morning I learn that ebay now, is having a policy that seller can cancel the sale, even after items is sold and buyer has fully paid for it, for whatever reason buyer likes to! This is what happened to me...

• 12 replies
  • 6 helpful

Seller canceled an order and claimed he sent a refund, but PayPal shows no sign of money

So, I bought an item from seller, who claimed that he can send item to my country. Turned out that he can't (took him about a week to understand that). Right after that he canceled my order an claimed that he sent me a refund. OK, we're all make mist...

Channel Advisor, Magento OFFER BUG?

We use CA and Magento, we keep seeing a new issue - buyers will submit an offer, we than accept. Upon checkout it creates a new order for the buyer at full price, they are left with two orders in our system, one at the offer price which is unpaid, th...

Question on Auction Price. In process of selling boat at lower price then auction ended with.

I sold a boat. The buyer came to view the boat and found an issue or 2 and asked for a lower price. They also made a deposit. I agreed after about a week and now the sale is going thru. Do I need to let Ebay know in some way that the auction final pr...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors