cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay allows Amazon shipments? Never received item

I purchased an Item.  The Seller put a fake USPS tracking number.  I opened an Item Not Recieved case.  The seller said "oh sorry that was the wrong tracking number that I uploaded" .  He then put a link to an amazon tracking, escalated and won the case.  

Here I am still without the item, and he took my $20.  The seller claims to be in the US, but paypal says NON-US verified.  Not sure what is going on.  But if I wanted to buy on Amazon, I'll just go to Amazon.

Message 1 of 82
latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

Re: Ebay allows Amazon shipments? Never received item

how many items per month do i need to sell before commenting on BIDDING AND BUYING? honestly, i quit selling my unwanted items here because it is MUCH easier to throw it in the trash, also much easier to buy ANYWHERE else because of the issues here, not just the seller in this thread but seems to be more and more sellers so worried about bad buyers and end up being bad sellers. i tried to offer another point of veiw, you have yet to acknowledge it! you need not agree, just quit talking long enough to listen!

Message 46 of 82
latest reply

@rainbowpearls2314wrote:

1) Telling a customer that an Item is coming from Indiana (when indeed the seller has no idea where the item will come from) is a lie. 

2) Uploading a recycled USPS tracking number is lying

3) Claiming to be located in the US (New Jersey to be exact) on ebay and NON-US Verified on paypal is lying (Either you are in the USA or you are NOT, you cannot be both)

Look, I used to be a Top Rated Powerseller a few years ago... I can smell a scam a mile away (Be it the seller or the buyer)  But if you are wondering why your store isn't doing well, its becuase consumers don't trust ebay.  Things have really taken a turn for the worst here.  I'm glad I got out when I did, and sorry that I have looked back. 

1.  They may have thought it was coming from Indiana 

2. Sounds like they just uploaded the wrong number 

3. Having a non us PayPal account doesn't matter.  If the item shipped from within the US what's in the listing is item location not seller locations.  So the seller can be overseas dropping shipping from without the US

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 47 of 82
latest reply

If a seller had to refund every time a buyer claimed they didn't receive even though it shows delivered it would be a nightmare.  Scams would be easier for buyers.  Just claim not received get money back.  Not having to refund with something shows delivered is one of the very few protections sellers have. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 48 of 82
latest reply

I did "listen"~~~~~

Message 49 of 82
latest reply

@myangelandmyprincesswrote:

If a seller had to refund every time a buyer claimed they didn't receive even though it shows delivered it would be a nightmare.  Scams would be easier for buyers.  Just claim not received get money back.  Not having to refund with something shows delivered is one of the very few protections sellers have. 

i do understand that, my rant was so many assuming it was stolen from her porch and so quickly writing it of 'because seller was covered'!  op needed assistance, instead, she got 'sellers covered, go away'! i just think the BUYERS BOARD could of done a little better. explained how to track the 'amazon number', what to do with that info and if nothing else, sorry, there just isnt anything you can do.

Message 50 of 82
latest reply

Actually if it is amazon logistics there is a photo of the item at the door.  They always take a picture of the delivery.  Check if there is a way to pull the picture.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 51 of 82
latest reply

That's what I also read was that they photograph the item at delivery to prove it was delivered. 

I'm sure the OP won't follow up on this since they have already been refunded BUT they really should report it.  If this contract carrier has had other packages disappear after delivery amazon needs to know about it.  If there is a pattern showing he may be involved he shouldn't be "delivering" these packages.  Since the OP appears to get packages on a regular basis maybe they should also report the disappearance of the package to their local police and not just blame the seller or believe it was just delivered somewhere else.

Message 52 of 82
latest reply

If amazon logistics provides a photo at the door, how to I see this photo?  I would love to see this photo.  According to Amazon, I have to log into my account to see the photo... But I did not make the purchase on amazon, so how will I see it?  My ebay seller made the purchase.  

Message 53 of 82
latest reply

I guess it really makes no difference~~you have been refunded and the case has been closed.  If you want a pic, maybe your seller can get it for you??

From what I've read, the delivery person knocks on the door, drops the package and is on the way driving off before you can get to the door.  They don't know if it's left unattended or not.  They don't wait to find out.

Message 54 of 82
latest reply

if you won the case...but didn't get a refund? did you call ebay CS? they will make the refund happen...

the seller does have a certain time to do it too...but still if you won the case..then call and follow up on the refund...

as far as it coming form Amazon..whocares..you shouldn't you bought and used ebay..so you deal and follow ebay procedures/policy...you did it seems and won the case right? so you call ebay cs...or paypal which ever the case was won...

the fact that if you wanted to buy it from Amazon or not doesn't matter...you didn't and what you wanted was the lowest price ...and i guess thought ebay was it.... if you have rime and free shipping...you would have bought it from Amazon, but i think you don't so the cheapest shipping was ebay's listing...because the seller uses his/her free shipping ..prime....whatever

oh well..no matter ..you bought it from ebay..and ebay who you deal weith now...call them if you haven't ... follow up on the "won" case....that;s all you can do(or paypal depending on who it was the case opened witth and won, of course)

Message 55 of 82
latest reply

@pingpong517wrote:

if you won the case...but didn't get a refund? did you call ebay CS? they will make the refund happen...

the seller does have a certain time to do it too...but still if you won the case..then call and follow up on the refund...

as far as it coming form Amazon..whocares..you shouldn't you bought and used ebay..so you deal and follow ebay procedures/policy...you did it seems and won the case right? so you call ebay cs...or paypal which ever the case was won...

the fact that if you wanted to buy it from Amazon or not doesn't matter...you didn't and what you wanted was the lowest price ...and i guess thought ebay was it.... if you have rime and free shipping...you would have bought it from Amazon, but i think you don't so the cheapest shipping was ebay's listing...because the seller uses his/her free shipping ..prime....whatever

oh well..no matter ..you bought it from ebay..and ebay who you deal weith now...call them if you haven't ... follow up on the "won" case....that;s all you can do(or paypal depending on who it was the case opened witth and won, of course)

From what I understood the seller won the case the buyer appealed eBay refunded the buyer as a courtesy which can still take a little to go through 

Message 56 of 82
latest reply

@kattinsanitywrote:If you want a pic, maybe your seller can get it for you??

the seller would not help!!  did not care!

Message 57 of 82
latest reply

well ok... but still... either way.... what more can the seller say? if they have a tracking number and proof that is delivered.... then it was, and what is the buyer going to be able to prove?
Message 58 of 82
latest reply

@pingpong517wrote:

i'm sorry.... i forgot the point in my rant... if the seller show that the item was delivered using a tracking number...and that can be verified , then they win.... 

if the buyer can show the tracking number given on the purchase info...was different than the one said to be the right one, etc...then maybe...but we all know tracking numbers are the "proof" a seller has..... 

to the op buyer...you have to have an email and/or proof the tracking number wasn't valid and.or when to wrong address etc...you'll have to have something like email or print from USPS  to show the package was not sent to your address.....which is the same from amazon or from a sellers home....does tracking show any oddity to the place it came from etc?

Message 59 of 82
latest reply

nothing.

Message 60 of 82
latest reply