cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of Scammers and Con Artists on here.

When buying anything from a new seller, don't trust anyone with a low number feedback even if they have a 100% Pos. feeback. The latest new seller I purchased an item from turned out to be a fraud/scammer/con artist. They took my money and never sent the item I paid for. No replies from the seller, a fake USPS tracking number, never mailed it and now has been pulled/banned from Ebay. I got my money back thanks to Ebay's Money Back Guarantee. Craigslist is really bad for scammers and thieves, but Ebay is getting bad too. Buy items from well established sellers who will actually send the item or items you paid for. So after yet another lesson of being burned, not gonna buy anything from a newer seller because odds are will have to get Ebay involved again. So be warned..take the chance if you dare, but as for me, I'm over and done with taking that chance anymore. From now on, older and well established only sellers for me.  Happy purchasing !! 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Beware of Scammers and Con Artists on here.

The learning curve is steep. Sometimes it takes many years to learn.

Sometimes eBay members that have been here since the turn of the century continue to have issues. 

Some claim that they are done. Announce it, turn around and they are still there with millions of $$ worth of listings. ( I suppose that is the same as done 🤣 )

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@scuby109 

Sorry for your situation.  Unfortunately until our country (and others) as a whole handle this $117 Trillion dollar crisis, scammers will continue to pollute a venue that many of us worked very hard to make a descent living at for many years...the honest people who would never think twice about scamming someone and would go out of their way to provide the good service and products we are supposed to provide as sellers.  Sadly we have too many people in society who clearly do not know the difference between right and wrong...until they're caught and even then most get a free pass.  Sad.  

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I intend to keep buying and selling on here..but from now on will be purchasing from well established sellers only with really good feedback. That way, there's a better chance of getting what I paid for. But as I've told others many times before, never assume anything about anything or anyone, and never say never. Once a snake in the grass, always a snake in the grass. But the good thing is KARMA came back and bit this seller in the rear end. He got what he deserved.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Not worried about this seller...because if I see him again on here under a diff. seller name, Ebay will be notified for sure. I know what he sells, so it'll be easy to spot them again. He was evidently homeless, selling items he didn't have to begin with and used other sellers or others pictures he claimed was his and the items he was selling. So my guess he was stealing money and keeping it for his self and not mailing out the items and he got caught and was banned/kicked off. It's called KARMA and it will eventually come back and bite them in their rear ends. What goes around, comes around. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

"He was evidently homeless, selling items he didn't have to begin with and used other sellers or others pictures he claimed was his and the items he was selling. So my guess he was stealing money and keeping it for his self..."

@scuby109 

^^^ Respectfully... that's quite a leap. 🙄

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I do not trust anyone who has revised feedback or bid reactions that violate ebay policy. I stay away from both buyers and sellers who do not follow policies.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I have to ask, and forgive me if this seems rude but...

Why do you seem to have the need to post multiple threads about similar/same topics?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Are-you-jinxed-or-feel-like-it/m-p/34349928#M480645

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Not-getting-an-item-you-paid-for/td-p/34276461

I mean....   Why??  Just keep it under one thread, if they are related to each other.  It causes unneeded clutter in the forum, or at least I think it does.

Am I the only one that thinks that way?

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Multiple personalities? 🧐

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@scuby109,

Writing two topics about the same subject in two days, is no way to get help, on these boards.   You keep writing about New sellers, then you back track on that, saying "This particular seller has sold several things to others, and they have gotten theirs within several days and said how this this seller is and things". 

However, you do not say how long ago the seller received those feedback, and that is important.  Maybe you haven't noticed the recent change to feedback profile pages. On the right just above the first displayed comment you will see a new filter button. The default for it is ( Most relevant  v ).

Often the first few comments seen with that filter are older ones [ Past 6 months, Past year ] so in order to see their most recent ones you have to change the filter to ( Most recent ) which IMO are the most relevant ones.

As I replied to you back on Feb. 7th, on your "Are you jinxed..." topic, ebay places holds on new or returning sellers first few payments.  They will also place a hold on a seller's payments, if they sell something for much more than what their previous items have cost.  Maybe if you had done a search for "Payments on hold - ebay"  yourself, back when I posted about it, you would know when and why ebay places holds on sellers payments. 

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

Yes, payments made using PayPal are transmitted immediately, as are payments sent by the other methods ebay allows buyers to use, but a seller does not always see them in their account immediately, especially if they are occasional or newer ones.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

您为购买支付的钱不会直接进入卖家的账户,eBay 保护买家的权利

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

LOL.........🤣🤣🤣

Message 12 of 12
latest reply