Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

♥ Playtime ♥

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1 of 9,230
latest reply
9,229 REPLIES 9,229

Re: ♥ Playtime ♥

last day of June ~ half a year gone already!

she's the 35th Anniv repro redressed

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv211/twangerstudios/DSC07414.jpg?t=1309670487

Message 1381 of 9,230
latest reply

Diane, that has always been a favorite photo of mine!  Like the doll, the dress, and love the miniatures you have!!  I can't believe the year is half over already either.  In fact, was making that comment to a friend just today.  Time goes too fast and the older you get, the faster it goes......like a roll of toilet paper...the nearer the end, the faster it goesSmiley LOL

Am waiting on a bubble cut I just got.  She is going to need cleaning and fixing up, but could not pass up the price.  I have not worked on a doll in a while and there is something therapeutic about it so am excited to be getting a fixer-upperSmiley Happy  This time will post B4s and afters.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1382 of 9,230
latest reply

3onacouch.JPG

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1383 of 9,230
latest reply

Kelly&Tommy.JPG

Message 1384 of 9,230
latest reply

Awww, Shirley, I love the polka dot couch!
Message 1385 of 9,230
latest reply

Hello everyone ~ ~ ~

i was in my sewing room clearing out piles of junk into the trash and unnecessary clutter into the donation pile

and to my happy surprise unearthed these two nrfb repros

they were still in the ToysRus bag on a shelf from my purchase several years ago, i do remember they were a fantastic sale price.  i also remember at the time i compared all the boxes until i found the face paint that i liked the most!

over time the package was buried and forgotten.  a happy surprise 🙂

BBrepros.jpg

Message 1386 of 9,230
latest reply

Indeed a happy surprise!!  I will do that with clothing, but not dollsSmiley LOL

"i also remember at the time i compared all the boxes until i found the face paint that i liked the most!"

I always compare all the boxes now.  Not only for make-up, but hair, how the clothing fits, etc.  You would be surprised at the differences in each doll.  That is why I do prefer to buy at the store(if possible).  Never did this when first started to buy dolls.  It was my DH who pointed the differences out, so have done it since.

Message 1387 of 9,230
latest reply

Here is that bubble cut i was talking about.  She came today.  Can't wait until I can begin working on her.

TitianB4.JPG

Message 1388 of 9,230
latest reply

Great find Twanger.  I wish I could find treaures like that hiding in my house!

Shirleys please post photos when you get that doll all done up.  I really like red head bubbles and your new doll is fantastic.  I just did some work on one but she is missing the tip of her nose.  She was a knock out otherwise.

4touchdowns

Message 1389 of 9,230
latest reply

One question for Twanger.  How did you make those baseboards in your kitchen scene and what did you use for the flooring? I'm impressed!

4touchdowns

Message 1390 of 9,230
latest reply

4TD, thank you.  that kitchen scene seemed appropriate to set it up on countertop of barsink area in my den,

it has black corian surface, formica backsplash and silver metal trim.

enjoy a safe independence day holiday everyone~http://www.gojiman.netai.net/badsseagle.jpg

Message 1391 of 9,230
latest reply

Diane ~ I had to go back and look at your kitchen scenes because of what 4TD saidSmiley Happy  It does make a perfect area to set up.  I like your eagle!!

4TD ~ This bubble makes my 2nd red head.  Just had to have another I guess.  I did work on her some this morning.  She had a lot of gunk in the eye corners.  Legs were a little dirty; not bad.  She had a red spot on one of the legs, but that came right off.  The blue dye stain may be harder to get rid of.  Am using Clearasil(vanishing kind)on it right now.  She also has a tiny speck on her right cheek that am using it on also.  I will post another pic of her when done.  I would sure like to know what could be used to fill in nose nips.  For a clone doll that had the end of her nose missing(looked like a bubble in the vinyl and broke open)I used some old consealer cream to fill it inSmiley LOL  Temporary fix I'm sure, ha!

Also hoping everyone had a nice 4th and has an enjoyable 3 day week-end! 

RW&B.JPG

Here is Barbie in her American spirit.  Thought I had a different view of her, but guess I don't.  She was also holding a small flag.

Message 1392 of 9,230
latest reply

TitianAfter.JPG

2 days later; bathed, hair done, makeup, and blue stain almost gone.  Still treating with clearasil.  Also found a little black dot on face that am treating.  Digging through clothing packed away for something to wearSmiley Happy

Message 1393 of 9,230
latest reply

Good Job on the red head bubble.  You are far better than me at makeup.  I have practiced for years but these hands are just too awkward for eyebrows and lips.  I can’t wait to see the costume you pick out for her.

Here’s the red I was cleaning up.  I didn’t do a whole lot but clean the gunk out from her eyes and dress her up.  The other friend in the next post just had her wig cleaned up and is modelling either a clone or homemade number.

Message 1394 of 9,230
latest reply

Message 1395 of 9,230
latest reply