eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

legessi
Community Member

Another USPS Screwed UP Thread

I sold a Mothers Day item on May 6th and it shipped the morning of the May 7th...buyer paid for 1st Class, I upgraded to Priority.  I am in NY, buyer in MA..they SHOULD have it the the 8th, 9th at the very latest...this morning I received an email of "where is my item"

Here's the tracking ( read from the bottom up)

Priority Mail®

Depart USPS Sort Facility

May 11, 2013

PROVIDENCE, RI 02904 

Expected Delivery By:
May 9, 2013

USPS Tracking / Delivery Confirmation

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

May 11, 2013, 12:22 am

PROVIDENCE, RI 02904 

May 9, 2013

SAN JOSE, CA 95101 

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

May 9, 2013, 8:56 pm

SAN JOSE, CA 95101 

May 9, 2013

SAN JOSE, CA 95101 

Dispatched to Sort Facility

May 7, 2013, 5:07 pm

WOODHULL, NY 14898 

Acceptance

May 7, 2013, 12:56 pm

WOODHULL, NY 14898 

Electronic Shipping Info Received

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure--which is: Try to please everybody. Herbert Bayard Swope
legessi
Community Member

Re: Another USPS Screwed UP Thread

in reply to legessi

So the box went from NY to CA ( totally missed the sort facility in Rochester NY) and once in CA it went back to the east coast and is now in RI and will be (maybe) delivered Monday.  Not my fault, not the buyers fault..definitely the Post Office fault but do I refund? 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure--which is: Try to please everybody. Herbert Bayard Swope
zzzgaragesale
Community Member

in reply to legessi

I would let the buyer decide, and do as they request.

bluemountainretailers
Community Member

in reply to legessi

I agree with zzz, it sucks, but it happens . . . this is one where customer service becomes the driving mantra . . .

"Don't close your eyes! They can still hit you with your eyes closed!" - my son's Karate Sensei :smileyvery-happy:
wolfgang2204
Community Member

in reply to legessi

Its the buyers fault. Should not have waited till this close to Mothers Day to order something. Mothers are much more important then that.

Seriously though, USPS is pretty f&%$ed up. I've had packages that have taken the scenic route quite a few times. I recently sent a package to a customer about 100 miles from me and it took 4 weeks to get there.

I love the smell of packaging tape in the morning.
legessi
Community Member

in reply to legessi

Luckily my buyer is VERY understanding so it arriving Monday (hopefully) will be OK...I have seen this happen around Christmas but never during the rest of the year...geesh I should have went with FCM and saved the $$

legessi
Community Member

in reply to legessi

woohoo....just checked and it is out for delivery...yay!

broadwayguy99
Community Member

in reply to legessi

Nice! Just in time... B-)

kaykay543
Community Member

in reply to legessi

Last week all of my tracking numbers were crazy. They were showing my items going from Ohio to MA to HI to PA to destination. No joke. So I called and they said there was some kind of computer glitch. All of my stuff arrived but the crazy tracking stayed.

Quick & Easy Crochet Patterns, CroEdge blades, crochet and knitting supplies
legessi
Community Member

in reply to legessi

I called my local PO when my buyer contacted me and it seems that my regular post office lady was out and the one that was there filling in (believe me I can really see this happening!) just batched everything to go to CA with the boxes that the Amish were shipping to the west coast...so all 5 of my boxes show tracking from me to CA and then on to their final destinations...strange that however she did it, they managed to skip the usual sort in Rochester.  Poor Jeannie said people were in the last 2 days complaining away..the sub usually just works Saturdays and I try to avoid the PO like the plague.