Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Ebay's shipping defaults are hurting sales

I've lost count of the number of sellers I've seen who allow ebay to calculate their shipping cost and don't realize that amount calculated is ridiculously inaccurate. This happens repeatedly and if that many sellers fall victim to this, then the pro...

IMG_1521.jpg
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 11 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Stamp Excessively Priced

I bought a book at a thrift store and discovered in between some pages an envelope with one single 6 cent air mail stamp in it. On initial research into the stamp it looked like it had significant value based on some sellers on ebay that were asking ...

shipping

It looks like EBAy is changing shipping dates on something that I am sure was never sent! What the hell!!!!

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Item did not arrive. eBay says it did. What can I do?

What recourse does a buyer have when an item does not arrive?I've been buying and selling on eBay since 1998.I have a 100% rating on almost 1300 transactions.On a recent purchase, the USPS says it was delivered. But it wasn't.We have lockers at our m...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Beware of the seller

The seller has somehow managed to remove or hide any and all negative feedbacks against her. She claims to have been selling for 25 years. There is no way she never received any negative feedbacks in all that time. She is a contemptuous, pompous, hau...

Ebay charged tax on bullion

I purchased 10 Oz. 999 fine bullion from M Barr Coins live auction and eBay charged me sales tax. Missouri exempts sales tax on sales of bullion and investment coins. (According to the state's law, bullion means any gold, silver, platinum, or palladi...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can a coupon be applied to a seller's offer?

Hi. I received an offer from the seller of an item I'm watching, and was going to take it, but I also noticed that eBay is also running a 20% off coupon on the store. Am I able to combine both (take the offer's discounted price, and apply the 20% on ...

• 2 replies
  • 5 helpful

Aaahh seller not sent item! Paid £328 what do I do??

I have bought always got 2nd phones for my kids on eBay but .. this time seller has not sent item!my daughter and 1 went halves on her birthday for a iPhone 13.. she’s Yr 13 and has had a iPhone 7 since yr 7. We both worked hard but seller hadn’t sen...

Taxes charged on buying bullion

I purchased 10 Oz. 999 fine bullion from M Barr Coins live auction and eBay charged me sales tax. Missouri exempts sales tax on sales of bullion and investment coins. (According to the state's law, bullion means any gold, silver, platinum, or palladi...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shaking My Head

Interesting experience. A seller has a necklace for sale , excellent brand, very poor listing. I wanted to know. Measurements of the chain and the pendant, 18 K or 14K (had both in listing), gram wt, just the important information , and this was the ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors