cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

defective ebay card

I bought an ebay gift card that does not work, the store that I purchased it - won't issue a replacement or refund, is there anything else that I can try?

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

defective ebay card

If you bought the card at a store eBay can't help you since it has nothing to do with them. 

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

defective ebay card

As stated above if you purchased this at a store then eBay has nothing to do with it

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

defective ebay card

@rcaspindle-4,

If you tried to use the card within 24 hours of purchasing it, your payment may not have been transmitted to ebay's computers, and then registered in them.  May chain stores transmit their electronic payments to banks twice a day, even though a card payment was authorized. Those payments may not clear a bank on weekends until sometime on  Mondays, So trying to use a card shortly after it was purchased may not have a balance until the next day or two after the purchase was made.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 47
latest reply

defective ebay card

According to eBay Gift Card Terms and Conditions  Lost Stolen or damaged Gift cards will only be replaced if the Gift Card has never been used and with satisfactory proof of purchase.

Contact customer service make sure you have your receipt. When you open the chat window Type in "Agent"and request a call back. 

IMG_1672.jpeg

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

defective ebay card

I have never been able to use this card - so it's not used= that's the problem, I paid for it, but can't use it - so now what?

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

defective ebay card

That's why I have kept trying to use it, but no different results, ebay knows the card exits,  but when I try to pay for something, they won't take payment from the gift card - it goes straight to paypal, which I no longer have a paypal account - so if there's no other solution, I only know of 2 answers: open a new account (which would not have paypal connected to it to  start with or just close my ebay account and not have one anymore = if anyone knows of any other options,  any help would be appreciated.

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

defective ebay card

Did you contact customer service as I suggested? 
If not,I don't know what else to tell you. 

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

defective ebay card

I bought the card this past Monday morning

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

defective ebay card

Store purchased gift cards are the targets of wide scale fraud.

Search the internet for descriptions including on the AARP site.

This has been publicized for months. Including on many local TV stations.

No recommended attempt to recover your money will be effective all of the time.

Ebay gift cards are a common target of fraud, as are Target gift cards.

Do not buy gift cards in stores. Do not buy gift cards online other than from the issuer.

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

defective ebay card

It's been 2 days = usually, I am able to use it - the same day shortly after I purchased it - but not with "this" card

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

defective ebay card

Well, the store is saying that "they" are not responsible, so, just who is??

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

defective ebay card

Then just who is responsible, because the manager at the store where I purchased the card to begin with is not claiming responsibility either - so, neither one willing to accept blame - what do you do about that - nothing?

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

defective ebay card

Have ebay reach out to you , they have a process to further assist, i know

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

defective ebay card

By doing what exactlly??

Message 15 of 47
latest reply