cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping

It looks like EBAy is changing shipping dates on something that I am sure was never sent!  What the hell!!!!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

shipping

Care to offer more details of the issue? Are you the buyer and did not receive your purchase? Are you aware of eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers? If/when you have not received your purchase, do you know how to open an item not received case? Just flinging suggestions out here because you did not give much information to go on.  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

shipping

@havr-75 

Are you looking at the listing through your purchase history? That will show you the delivery dates for your order. If you look at the current listing it will show you the delivery dates if you purchased the item today. The delivery dates shown in your purchase history are the ones you use to open an item not received case.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

shipping

Hi @havr-75 . eBay will update estimated delivery date on the tracking pop up and the order details page based on the most recent info available from the carrier.

If no tracking was provided, then it could be you're looking at the listing as Kathie mentioned, which will show you the estimated date if you made a purchase today.

To view the original estimated delivery date, look at the email order confirmation you got from eBay. If the item has not arrived by the tail end of the original estimate, you can file a non-receipt claim starting the day after and for a window of 30 days.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

shipping

Particularly if you bought the item from a non-US based seller, it would not be unusual that the seller did not purchase expensive international tracking which is expensive and costs a lot of money.

Postal systems/UPU are doubling down on shipping by Lettermail, which is untracked and very cheap, so this doesn't happen as often as it used to, but shipping purchased goods as "letters" has been illegal for many years.

Sellers can reduce the cost of their items by skimping on tracking, trusting that the buyer will be honest and not open a Not Received claim when the untracked item arrives.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

shipping

Thanks for the reply's!  Wastingtime101 showed a link about  my concern and they do change the shipping date.   In my case April 28 was the day paid and a tracking number assigned by seller.  It has not been to a Post Office as of today but Ebay changed the shipping date to 5/7 and used the last day of delivery spread as when I should expect it.   Why go thru all of this, as filing for an non received package will still be the same.   They just muddy the water.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply