Antiques
The Antiques Discussion is for members to share views and suggestions regarding Antiques
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Help classifying an "Empire" cabinet

The doors have been removed (but are stored) that should close over the cabinet shelves . I've been told that it is a Jackson Press - but in a few minutes of searching I haven't been able to find any comparable pieces online - the two drawers over ca...

IMG_2172.JPG

Like A brass/metal stand chandelier/lamp

Hello, may God keep on blessing you all.I'd be overly thankful if someone here helped me to find out what's the worth/year/brand of a lamp I l've had for 9 but I had not pay attention to it.It was painted, but its real color is between white and bone...

French Urn with Lid

Hi, could you please give me an idea as to how old this urn is? I can't tell if it is an antique or modern. It has several different portraits painted in an old style of art. Also, it has the letters "LH" and "made in France" written on the bottom. T...

20170620_030633.jpg 20170620_030642.jpg 20170620_030651.jpg 20170620_030727.jpg

Potential value of antique display piece?

I recently bought a house that was built by antique dealers. There was a very large corner hutch/display piece built into one of the rooms. It's made of ornately carved wood with leaded glass doors and mirrors and was built by Christopher Pratt & Son...

built in leaded glass.jpg Built-in Christopher Pratt Label.JPG

Help ID Oil Portrait Of A Man Signed J.P. Walker

Don't know if the portrait is of a famous person but any suggestions will be welcomed.If not wrong the signature reads J P Walker. I found out that there was a portrait painter from Richmond, VA (1855-1932) but I am not sure what is the year on the f...

I need help to identify this - might be an antique silver match box

I need help to identify this - might be an antique silver match boxIt has embossed figures and scrolls (might be Egyptian?)It measures 4 5/8" from top to bottom.It measures 1 5/8" across the top front side to side.It measures 1 1/4" across the bottom...

holder matches silver (0a).JPG holder matches silver (0c).JPG holder matches silver (0b).JPG

Resolved! furniture info

hi all, looking for info on these 3 pieces [approx. year, correct name, etc]. thanks,rsk

P1000733.JPG P1000744.JPG P1000745.JPG P1000734.JPG

Monkey Mystery

Hello AllIm wondering if anybody out there can shed some light on this unusual fellow i recently acquired. Think the metal is brass and its pretty heavy (just over 2 kilo's) It measures 23 cm in height, 15 cm in width and 10 cm in depth. Looks hand m...

Help identifying two porcelain cigarette lighters with lids?

Hello,We were hoping someone could help us identify these two porcelain cigarette lighters with lids?They are approx 2 1/4" tall with lids on and 1" in diameter. They have a mark in gold on the bottom that appears to be the initials "WS" or "SW".Any ...

SAM_1143.JPG SAM_1144.JPG SAM_1145.JPG SAM_1146.JPG

Translation of Japanese artist signature?

I was hoping someone here would be able to translate this artist's name for me! As I would like to learn more about this author. I would also be interested in the translation of title stamped under it but it is very fade...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors