cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

Ebay is a complete joke.

I had an auction that clearly stated no returns accepted. The buyer opened a case and eBay decided it in his favor. I called them and asked how the buyer could possibly win the case when it says no returns accepted and they basically told me they side on the buyers most of the time. He told me that no returns accepted basically means nothing at all.

Message 1 of 327
latest reply
326 REPLIES 326

Re: SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

ebay is a platform for criminals to scam sellers and buyers......beware!

Message 271 of 327
latest reply

It is worst now believe me I had a buyer open a case and keep the item even after I sent a label ebay did nothing

Message 272 of 327
latest reply

To intentionally deceive sellers into thinking they are protected in some way from frivolous/fraudulent returns.  The latest tactic, is that even if you don't accept returns, Ebay instructs the buyer, in a blatant violation of your own policy, to return the item to you anyway.  In a sleazy move of epic proportions, Ebay then informs you, that although they fraudulently claim you have the right to appeal their decisions for thirty days, you actually don't, because they've instructed the buyer to return the item to you, and you have no right to appeal once the item has been returned.  I hope somebody puts together a class action suit against these thieving, disrespectful clowns.

Message 273 of 327
latest reply

No, that isn't what it means; it's a complete fabrication by Ebay to make seller's think they won't be victimized by screwball buyers.  Ebay reps will tell you straight up, as I was told directly, that if a buyer changes their mind, Ebay will cram the return and refund down the seller's throat.  I'm will never list another item, or buy another item, on Ebay again.

Message 274 of 327
latest reply

I sold a perfectly good, unused baseball bat on eBay.  A month later, I get a return request. eBay authorized the return, and I get back a highly used baseball bat, marks and all. Because of the content I was selling, I specifically listed no returns requested. But this buyer protection is allowing the return because the buyer said it felt too heavy. 

In real life, If you were to buy a bat from Dick’s Sporting Goods, once you take the wrapper off, you cannot return it. This eBayer even used the bat!!! 

Message 275 of 327
latest reply

It just happened same me too. Buyer open return case, I provide USPS prepaid return shipping label within hours. Hours later within same day buyer called eBay, case closed but escalate that show he/she uploaded FAKE UPS shipping label that stated item has been delivered two(2) before he/she open the return case and also item shipped from different state where he/she live and item we shipped to (we shipped to West Chicago IL, fake UPS show item return shipped from Tualatin, OR). Doesn't matter what I explain, his uploaded tracking status, timing and location NOT add up. eBay still favor him/her case because they confirmed item has been show delivered status 2 days before he/she opened return case (they/ebay not bother go to UPS website look at the detail status tracking history). I wish I can upload snapshot so you can see all footage here. What a shame happened to me first time in 2 1/2 years selling on eBay.

What worst, next morning I got email from eBay "Suspicious buyer for item", her/her account has been suspended I believed. Still case not reverse back to me, still no item, and lost money.

eBay, if you hear me, here is my Case ID: 5223745249, and buyer id mareith32.
tracking we shipped item to: FedEx 390857527030
tracking he/she uploaded: 1ZR2A4580372855042

man.... what a bad experience to learn from, NOT the lost, but the judgment they make that really getting on my nerves.

Message 276 of 327
latest reply

You need to file a mail fraud case with your local police department and with the local police department where this person had you deliver to. This is a federal crime since it's across state lines.
Message 277 of 327
latest reply

Same thing happened to me too! we have to make sure low life types learn they can try anything they like on ebay FOR FREE. Buy a car on ebay with free delivery, drive it a couple weeks then return it! I've been wanting to play with some of that really expensive laser equipment. its usually sold as is, no returns because its sophisticated equipment your average person can destroy by just handling it wrong.

I think im going to let  Indian and Nigerian scammers know about ebays hidden, deceptive policy's...

sooner or later ebay will fail.

plus I sold the item as to only be sold in the use. I did free shipping.... It ended up going to Porto Rico. im stuck paying $25 each way on a $75 item..

ill never sell anything on ebay again, I won't buy from them unless the item irs not available elsewhere. I will "buy to try" though.

pass this info on please.

Message 278 of 327
latest reply

if ebay wants to warranty stuff thats fine. why do they have the check mark for offering returns or not? DECEPTIVE!

they will eventually go the way of MySpace with policies like this. 

oh, for sure there are those that could have a lot of fun with this and profit too....   ill let you figure out how someone could profit from a policy like this...

Message 279 of 327
latest reply

So am I better off clicking "Accept returns "? 

Message 280 of 327
latest reply

I received a broken item from a scam seller that says no returns the thing wouldnt charge and obviously isn't new I will not do another auction on ebay so I'm glad I can return it!
Message 281 of 327
latest reply

I also have it documented. Same thing here. So I called ebay and told them as soon as they charge my chase credit card I am reporting fraud charge and starting a chargeback. This will put ebay in legal trouble.
Message 282 of 327
latest reply

@uniquely-odd wrote:
I also have it documented. Same thing here. So I called ebay and told them as soon as they charge my chase credit card I am reporting fraud charge and starting a chargeback. This will put ebay in legal trouble.

No, it won't.  Not in any way, shape, or form.

Message 283 of 327
latest reply

A buyer can claim they didn't receive an item or damage the item when they receive it even if you have very good pictures but you can bet no matter what EBay will side with the buyer.  I'm looking for another site to sell on.  Any suggestions?

Message 284 of 327
latest reply

Hi amity150, the difference is the if the listing clearly states "No Return" then that's it. Now as a buyer it's your own risk your taking when you purchase. Those who can't accept that can just sort on ebay by sellers that do accept returns. Whatever conditions are laid out clearly should have to be accepted otherwise what's the point and ebay should just take away the "no returns" option. It's interesting that I get less returns on the other marketplaces that force sellers to accept returns. Now in your instance I agree with you as "Dry Clean Only" is something that is important to know about an item because you would never be able to machine wash it at home. But if a buyers only issue with an item is that they don't like it or even if it doesn't function correctly for them should not be able to return a "No Returns" listed item. I know that sounds crazy but buyers need to also take responsibility. For me if I was buying something like a Cell Phone I would choose the listing that offered 30 Day Returns because if I purchase from a "No Returns" listing I know right away that I'm taking a risk which should be completely on me most of the time. 

Message 285 of 327
latest reply