cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

Ebay is a complete joke.

I had an auction that clearly stated no returns accepted. The buyer opened a case and eBay decided it in his favor. I called them and asked how the buyer could possibly win the case when it says no returns accepted and they basically told me they side on the buyers most of the time. He told me that no returns accepted basically means nothing at all.

Message 1 of 327
latest reply
326 REPLIES 326

Re: SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

Don't know what your problem is. If you sell an item that doesn't match it's description the buyer is entitled to return it for a full refund whether you put 'No returns' on it or not. That is the law. Most reasonable people would rather not go through that hassle without good reason.

Message 106 of 327
latest reply

My wife's company just pulled $10M /year worth of remarketing business from Ebay because of their anti seller policies like this.  People and businesses were accepting deliveries, stealing parts off of units, then claiming they were missing, and wanting to return them AT SELLER'S COST!

Ebay basically supports online scammers.   Well, they just lost about  $500,000 a year in fees.   Sorry about your low salaries, Ebay problem resolution crew!  

Message 107 of 327
latest reply

Something similiar happened to me!

I sold a lady a camcorder in excellent conditon once. I do not offer returns on electronics, since there are so many ways people can damage them. Anyway, this lady took it with her on her honeymoon and claimed I sold her a defective product. I  told her it was working fine before I shipped it (as i made a sample video with it,) and that it had been 10 days since she had gotten it So why hadn't she said something sooner? I asked how it was transported, and she told me, "I put it in my bag, and when I brought it out the screen wouldn't work!" ....She didn't put it in a case, or provide any protection whatso ever. Yet somehow, it was my fault that she had to buy a new one, and I "ruined" her honeymoon. Humans tend to human, so always take that into account. lol

Message 108 of 327
latest reply

I believe that if something is yours to sell you should be able to set the conditions, not some policy maker that forces you to bow thier own will. And i know someone will chip in saying "thats the price of using ebay", I remeber when ebay was a free marketplace where anything goes

Message 109 of 327
latest reply

Why are there no returns anyway? 

Message 110 of 327
latest reply

Which means nothing. I had a buyer say it didn't fit she was returning. I said we don't take returns. She opened a case as not as described and eBay sided with her.

Message 111 of 327
latest reply

Without details of the return, no one is going to feel sorry for you. No returns accepted means nothing if you misrepresented the item. We know nothing because you gave nothing in your rant. The eBay rep did not tell you that. If they did, you would have given more detail about what you said. Be a better seller (if you're still out here) and you won't have these issues.
Message 112 of 327
latest reply

time's have changed and alot of people still use ebay, but if you have to return ant item because it didn't work or didn't fit or didn't look like the product you are representing should be returned unless you are scamming or being scammed. i used to sell on ebay , years ago and made a good living on it, now im retired and kicking back. you have to honor what you are selling if you want people to buy from you again.
Message 113 of 327
latest reply

you said said the one thing that you have to do,is SHIPPED unless you got insurance for it for any damages on delivery your not off the hook.next time on high items or semi high items buy insurance for it and you will be ok.....it doesn't what you do before you ship it out is all moot ...its what happens when it is shiped that matter's.

Message 114 of 327
latest reply

well all i can say is bye.... and as for her pulling 10m deal like that is a bit high ,why would any one who is making 10m on ebay still was doing business with ebay .you cou7ld have done it on your own... i made enough money on ebay to retire and living well. still dont understand.

Message 115 of 327
latest reply

try and sell that to a AG,its ok instead of getting a return price back asap they wait two months for a refund its a joke isn't it?
Message 116 of 327
latest reply

I've had a very similar experience in that eBay have completely ignored the "no returns accepted" in addition to the seller making untrue claims that the item wasn't as described.

Ebay say I need to arrange for item to be returned despite my not having a return address as I'm travelling around Africa for the next 15 months.

Also, why can't sellers leave negative feedback?

Message 117 of 327
latest reply

It doesn't make sense in that every overseas sale I've made has ended up in me losing money and the buyer keeping the item, on three occasions I've arranged for returns to have the buyer refuse to hand it over, after they've been refunded by eBay. 

Ebay say it's not their problem once they've issued the refund.

Message 118 of 327
latest reply

According to Paypal and Ebay I can buy a Jetski use it for 180 days and return it with no repercussion. Ebay is awesome 😃
Message 119 of 327
latest reply

All this has been very informative. I have 100% feedback 600 items bought. I sell one Item and discover Ebays policy is so very biased against the seller !!  Lesson learned. I won't be attempting to sell anything more on Ebay, it's just not worth the hassle.

Message 120 of 327
latest reply