cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My auction says No Returns, isn't that my right !

Even though the option exists in your listing of " No Returns ", unfortunately that does not mean No Refunds !!

The Ebay Buyer Protection Plan over rides your policy, and almost guarantees that a claim filed against you ( such as a SNAD..) will result in the buyer getting a refund without having to return your item to you.

While this is not fair, you can prevent this from happening in the future by changing you auction listings to ' accept returns'.

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 1 of 461
latest reply
460 REPLIES 460

Re: My auction says No Returns, isn't that my right !

Bump for St.Louis...

Message 16 of 461
latest reply

Thank you, kokokwa. I have spent part of my day looking into this. Please go to, Under Customer Support, "Selling eBay Buyer protection Questions", receiving a returned item. The way I read this, eBay believes the item should be returned, while BUYER pays return shipping and insurance and confirmation could be added. Please read this and let me know your interpratation. I have mentioned I don't have a problem making a refund, but, hey, if I have to play by the rules, shouldn't the buyer?

Yes that's mostly it but the buyer's don't always play by the rules.

Message 18 of 461
latest reply

simple just dont sell any thing on here you cant afford to lose plus shipping no returns, free shipping, easter bunny, santa claus, and unicorns
Message 19 of 461
latest reply

Comma's !!!!!!!
I see Comma's !!!!

Hah....I knew you had it in you !!:^O

Message 20 of 461
latest reply

truth is im a one finger typer i never felt the need to say much till this last train wreck of greed im not the brightest bulb on the strand im very good with basic reading and math i see things in black and white the way they should be this new mess is twisted im hoping some one has some sense and changes it back
Message 21 of 461
latest reply

to komo ,,,, .....?????????????? if you could heres some extras please put them in where they need to go thanks
Message 22 of 461
latest reply

Hahahaha !!! :^O

Hey Wait.......those aren't comma's......

What the heck am I going to do with all those question marks ?
Ohhh...there's one now......:^O

Message 23 of 461
latest reply

BTW...I never learned to type , so I too type with just one finger.....

Message 24 of 461
latest reply

maybe all the question marks are trying to make sense of it all basic math has no place here if i want to belive what im told my finger was confused
Message 25 of 461
latest reply

Thank you, kokokwa. I have spent part of my day looking into this. Please go to, Under Customer Support, "Selling eBay Buyer protection Questions", receiving a returned item. The way I read this, eBay believes the item should be returned, while BUYER pays return shipping and insurance and confirmation could be added. Please read this and let me know your interpratation. I have mentioned I don't have a problem making a refund, but, hey, if I have to play by the rules, shouldn't the buyer?

Read through this http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Feedback/1st-Negative-Feedback/510318959 as to buyers perception of "No Returns" and Neg left.
This is my buying ID. I have used it on & off for years as a posting ID.

Just a head's up. Don't want anyone getting their undies in a bunch over my doing so.
Message 26 of 461
latest reply

Furthermore, if you put something like "all sales final" or "no return/no refund" you are scaring off the honest buyers also. Better to put a note in all your item descriptions like this: I always give accurate item descriptions, but if you are not pleased with your purchase, you may return it within 7 days for a full refund.

I started doing that and I have had to issue a total of ONE refund in the past two years. And that one was entirely my fault.
Message 27 of 461
latest reply

I bought a graphics program. The tittle stated bood & cd, the description stated book & cd (it was a standard ebay listing), then at the very bottom of the listing it stated in small type cd missing.

The seller offered me a partial refund. i opened a case and was given a full refund and NOT required to send the item back.

Since I am a seller also, I sent the book back...minus the CD....which i never got.

That seller thought they were covered because the put cd missing at the bottom of the description. NOT!
The Year of Financial Prosperity & Self-fullfillment

Dare to dream, and then dare to begin

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference
Message 28 of 461
latest reply

why did you buy it if you knew the cd was missing ??

As a buyer , didn't you read the whole listing.

Message 29 of 461
latest reply

Another seller finding out the hard way that "No Returns Accepted" causes a Neg without contact, http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Feedback/Negative-Feedback-Without/510324259 .

Oh... This was a superfluous bump OMA.....;-) It doesn't count against my monthly cap.:^O

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 30 of 461
latest reply