cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined Shipping

How do I offer combined shipping for Buy-it-now items? I advertise this on all my listings (stamps) but a potential buyer just told me that the seller (me) does not allow combined shipping. For me combined shipping saves the buyer money and saves me a lot of unnecessary work. I checked my listings but nowhere does there seem to be a box or option for me to allow combined shipping. Can anyone offer a suggestion? Thanks.

Russ

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Combined Shipping

It's all messed up! 

Use to be from what I remember, you could make a purchase and continue shopping sellers others listings before checking out or asking for invoice.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Did you check your site preferences under the Account tab?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Go to

My ebay > Summary > Account > Site preferences > Shipping preferences

My RULE is to Add the Weights for a discount for combined shipping.  It works well if all the items use the same service, but if one is first class parcel and one is priority, ebay just ADDS the shipping together for each item.  It's usually close enough, as I have only lost money twice when this happened.  Not bad over 20 years of selling.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It still is. I have purchased 2 items so far and will buy more with no problems. Sometimes I have to request invoice and other times I don't. But I am buying the same sort of items. Every now and then I come  across a Seller who may have to change there preferences.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Use to be from what I remember, you could make a purchase and continue shopping sellers others listings before checking out or asking for invoice.

The message read "commit to buy and continue shopping with this seller. "  That option is no longer presented in favor of eBay directing you to checkout and pay. Timing wise it seemed to coincide with eBay's move to make all items under 1K$ "immediate payment required" even if the seller did not select that, nor was displayed anywhere on the listing.    They say to USE the CART ...where there is no place to request a total, and no way for a seller to see what is in your cart until you PAY.   

There was a seller on the boards that insisted he had shipping rules that would take care of this issue automatically......so I loaded up the cart and provided a screen shot of how purchasing two tee shirts and a cell phone cover came to $35 shipping....couldn't request a total as it was greyed out per normal. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply