cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't give feedback to sellers until they give it to you.......

Time and time again, I buy something on Ebay, I pay immediately with PayPal, and the seller does not give me any feedback until after I leave it for him first.

This is agains Ebay policy I am almost sure. A bit ago Ebay changed policy so sellers could not leave "retalitory" feedback, that is giving a buyer bad feedback who paid quickly, just because they gave well-deserved bad feedback for a good reason.

This ruined the feedback system for ebay, making it useless.

Now, apparently most sellers simply hold off on giving feedback as long as possible. Are they hoping the buyer gets tired of waiting? Are they hoping the buyer simply slips up and leaves it before they are supposed to?

Whatever the reason, there is no GOOD one for not leaving positive feedback for a buyer that pays lightning fast with PayPal. The buyers job is done at that point, and done very well.

Then it is up to the SELLER to pack the item well, ship it promptly, and have the item be as described in the auction.

If the seller screws up or sells something that is not as advertised, then they damn well deserve bad feedback so that the next buyer can be informed of the bad apple.

So in a nutshell, if you are a buyer on ebay, lets start holding that feedback back until the seller does what they are supposed to for a prompt-paying customer. And if they do not leave feedback, lets report them to Ebay so the feedback system is not compromised as it once was, and so buyers can be properly informed of a sellers performance when they are shopping.

Thanks
Message 1 of 425
latest reply
424 REPLIES 424

Re: Don't give feedback to sellers until they give it to you.......

I highly appreciate the prided quality sellers on Ebay who know they are good (who  immediatlely feedback their customers upon payment).  These are good business people  and my comment is not meant for any of them.  I never got a **bleep** item from one of them.   My foregoing comment is meant for  sellers who never left deserved feeback to their buyers.  These sellers side with their competition against their customers,(the life blood of their operation),  by withholding deserved feedback.  They  are really badly lacking business savvy and I really don't care to ever shop with them again.   They don't respect those who income them, and are just plain stupid and will never win.    In summation, only loosers side with their competition against their customers.

Message 376 of 425
latest reply

Not true.  Everyone's feedback is equally important.

Message 377 of 425
latest reply

I, as a seller, always used to leave feedback immediately after my buyer paid, 100% of the time. But what I noticed was buyers leave feedback at a rate of only about 30% of the time. A lot of the buyers have feedback ratings over 1,000 and have never left feedback for their sellers. NOT FAIR!! So now, I check my buyers feedback profile. If it is likely that I will get feedback from them, I go ahead and do it first. If they have never left feedback for their sellers, then I am not going to increase their rating, when they are not likely to reciprocate. Feedback is an option and doesn't have to be given buy either party. But if I leave it for a buyer first, then they should leave it in return. Again, what's fair is fair.
Message 378 of 425
latest reply

@ilivewith3cavemen wrote:

The transaction is far from over just because the buyer paid "fast".
Due to ebay and their ever ongoing rules, we sellers are not able to leave honest feedback anymore, so some sellers have given up on it.

I agree, I don't consider a transaction complete until the return period has past.

Until sellers can leave honest feedback, the feedback system is pretty much worthless.

Have a great day
Message 379 of 425
latest reply

Well how about when you the seller gives a full refund including shipping the buyer never returns the item keeps it. Then the cherry on top they have the **bleep** to leave you negative feedback after they got the item for free, kept it, and all their money returned back to them. Do away with the stupid feedback. Now they have Private Feedback what a joke that is. I'm waiting for someone to develop a website like Yelp for sellers to see all the Buyers they should not bother with cause there are buyers who want everything for Free. Ebay makes all their money off of sellers. Without sellers NO EBAY.

Message 380 of 425
latest reply

i agree with the sellers leaving feedback first, but i can understand if they wait until the items are delivered - i would say the duty of the buyer is to pay, make sure the shipping info is correct, and to recieve the items.  and the duty of the seller is to list the item and shipping accurately, and ship it within their timeframe. 

it does seem like the normal now for sellers to wait for positive feedback before giving feedback, which completely unvalidates all of it...and is just used as payback for a buyer leaving negative feedback.  but, i do believe that some of the bad feedback that sellers recieve is from buyers rating the quality of product, and not the transaction.  both sides need to make sure the right questions are asked to know that the product is correct, before paying .

i dont leave feedback first as a buyer, ever - i will send a message saying that i recieved the item, and if they dont leave it after that, i just dont leave them feedback - and it is rare that i have a bad transaction on ebay, so i almost always leave good feedback. 

i dont know what started this trend of waiting, but i hope it ends - feedback is one of the best parts of ebay, to know good sellers

Message 381 of 425
latest reply

I have 100% feedback I have left and 100% feedback from customers.  I did have the automatic feedback on, then I turned it off today.  I jsut cant take the abuse anymore from customers. I agreed to leave great feedback on payment. But peole actually contacto us to exthort items out of us. They do not read ONE word of the lising. The click and buy from the photos off the phone. Then they treat you like garbage over and over as we as human beings, try to fix it. Close to 100 percent of us are supplementing our incomes, no living on it.  Fees, the shiping that goes up twice a year.  The cost of printing, envelpes, tape.  I have ZERO broken items in shipping. Has happened twice in four years.  One time, the envelpope, padded by me, and a carboard priority, RUN OVER with a tow motor track down the middle.  Ebay has gotten so punitive to the sellers, they are driving us to other sites and not pinning our hopes here any more.  I alos put my PHONE number in every package, I beleive my customers. I refund THEIR errors. Why they insult me and get upset as they do not read the listing. Not the title, not a word of it. Nothing.  I am very down today as I jsut was treated so badly by a bad custoemrer. You know, maybe it is time Ebay gets RID of the feedback system. And jsut change it to product reviews like Amazon.  This punitive system is driving us all under.  After fees and expenses, that keep rising, they are driving us under.  We are the big customers on Ebay.  Sellers alos buy much more on ebay as we are on that site many times a day.  What are we getting back? Punished.  If a person leaves bad feedback, you have to fight it. It is a long an aruous fight. But if you do not, you wil find yourself penalized in your fees. I make so little for the time and effort.  I guess I wil thank them now for that.  They have finally convinced me to do many more sites ( I am on Amazon and Etsy already) a well as get off my back side and get my own website. Will I keep ebay? Sure. Do I think it will always be the MOST effort and the most upsetting place to sell on line. Yes. This FORCE to get 100% feedback or we add it to your fees is jsut a lousy thing to do.  That is what makes this a bad place for buyers and sellers.  We push for 100% feedback as we are penalized too harshly.  Peopel that know that, take advantage of it. Shame on them. We are little people making a very small income on line.  

Message 382 of 425
latest reply

I honestly have no problem wiht that from buyers. I have had automatic feedback set up upon payment for years. If you check my profile, you will see 100% feedback left, 100% feedback received. But it has cost me dearly.  It is now jsut too hard on me. 

The feedback system is a sham for both buyers and sellers.  We pressure buyers to NOT leave less than five stars as it sticks on on record a year. Now, I am not worried about the customers seeing that.  BUT, ebay, then PENALIZES my fees for six months for not meeting their perimeters!  We are all just lower income people or maybe middel, who make a vey small sum of money on the items.  I have 200 listings and I promise you, I make a few hundred dollars a month. Postage goes up twice a year.  Customes constantly accuse us of ripping them off on shipping, but buy it anyways even thou it is listed.  Every penny a buyer spends including shipping, has 13% in fees (10 percent ebay , 3 percent pay pal).  Tape, home printing which is very expensive, envelopes bubble wrap and paper rolls.  I MUST use tracked shiping on ebay or again, I am penalized for it!  I wish I had a nickel for everytime I get told off on shipping by phone or text and email.  How many people who have falsely accused me of lying, misleading them, even though these people got a 100% refund often with out me asking for a return. And me doing it instantly.  

The feedback system should NOT charge sellers wiht MONETARY punishment.  It happened to me once, it was 20% for six months.  I had no idea to dispute feedback. I happend to get a few in my first months of selling.  Crazy stuff like me over charing them for shipping, which was a downright lie. NEVER have I not give 100% refunds even when they are wrong and very rude.  I take their word and dont make them prove a thing.   I have to tell you, above the top customer service simply does not work.  But I do think, you will see more and more of the good sellers ignoring ebay and moving elsewhere. We will keep our listings as we pack every day.  But the abuse is getting jsut too high from the people.  I jsut refunded a person who sent me a text. She bought two .99 items.  I LOST money on the shipping, which she clearly saw before she paid.  She has my postive feedback.  Now she sent me a nasty text about leaving me bad feedback ( I had refuded her wiht a phone call!  I ENCLOSE MY NUMBER on a big page in each package)  She cant get it thorugh her mind that my items are .99 each on this listing. She thinks they should be 10 for .99, so she was expexting twenty.  The lisitng is OVERLY clear.  I write it OUT, it is for ONE, I put it in the tite. She orders off a mobile phone in a hurry by the photo and DECIDED it should be 10 for .99.   I lost all the shiping which is the biggest loss, the packing and printing, big loss, the items, and I get her telling me off evne thogh I refunded her within MINTUTES of the call.  She cant read.  Honestly, I am exhausted on ebay. its time to move on.  I hope all the buyers consider that too.  Really paying is an obligation to the buyer. It does not even need a feddback really, Who does that other than ebay?  NO ONE.  they do it to penalize the sellers.  Unfortunatley I have had my last take of it. No more automatic feedback.  I turned it off today.  That is a very sad statemnet at how crazy the world has gotten.  We get abused here as sellers.  Today, it was unbearable.  Can you imagine being called a liar after you refudned by a phone call or text?  because the buyer DECIEDED my item is worth TEN for .99.  It is a ridicuslous selling platform due to the feedback system.  They PUNISH us forcing us to give in to the horrible people out there. If I get negitive feedback, I fight it. and guess what, I have had it removed 100% of the few times it happened. Tehy make you call and transfer a few hundred times to do this.  But sorry, no more feedback until a few weeks go by.  It causes me to be abused by buyers.  

Message 383 of 425
latest reply

I agree with everything you have said.  My solution to an Ebay seller that waits is to provide them with a Neutral Feeedback accompanied by the comment "Seller does not provide positive feedback for prompt payment"..Sellers hate neutral feedback almost as much as they hate Negative Feedback.

Message 384 of 425
latest reply

No you are absoultely wrong. Sellers have NO protections against shennanigans from shady buyers. Sellers are limited in how they can operate based on feedback and it is ridculous that Buyers are even allowed to not give feedback for a good product and good customer service. 

Ebay is destroying their own reputation with amount of buyers they drive away in droves. They have forfeited some of their market shares to other companies encoraching on the ecommerce market that directly connects a buyer and seller like Amazon, Etsy, and others. 

Ebay is a terribly run company with terribly policies that are only designed to protect Ebay's bottomline, the seller. It is honestly ridicoulous that you think sellers have anything to complain about.

Posts like this just show how whiny buyers are.  You are wrong. Selers should NEVER leave feedback until the buyer has left feedback for them. 

Buyers don't even need feedback. Sellers cannot funciton properly witout adequadte levels of feedback. Sellers exploit this information and will use threats of negative feedback to get buyers to agree to extravagent terms outside of those originally stated. For instance buyers will tell sellers that they will make payment in two days but if it isn't shipped in 24 hours they will leave a negative review. Some buyers will even go as far to say that if shipping isn't upgraded for free then a negative/neutral review will be left.  

As a buyer you have absolutely no protection from whiny and shady buyers. Ebay will only remove false negative feedback from suspended accounts. Meaning a buyer could very likely get away with this behavior once or twice a year. 

Sellers cannot even leave negative reviews for buyers anymore. That is all you need to know. The system is literally rigged for buyers. So plaease shut your mouth beacuse you have no idea what you are talking about. You are just another whiny snowflake buyer that demands to be treated like royalty. You're buying something off the internet from a stranger, grow up and leave feedback like an adult.

If you are complaining as a buyer you have no idea how ebay works at all. 

Message 385 of 425
latest reply

THAT IS CRAPE. I USED TO GIVE FEEDBACK RIGHT AWAY. NEVER GET BUYER FEEDBACK ONCE I GAVE MINE. OMLY ABOUT 40% OF BUYERS LEAVE FEEDBACK. START LEAVING FEEDBACK AS A BUYER AND YOU WILL GET YOUR FEEDBACK WITHIN A DAY OR SO. BY YOU NOT GIVING FEEDBACK AS A BUYER YOU ARE AFECTING MY RATINGS. SI DO WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO DO LEAVE THE PROPER FEEDBACK WHEN ITEM IS RECIEVED AND EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT FINE.......DO UOY PART!!!!!!!!!    TOM

Any body out there having trouble with the new enhanced picture listings???????
Message 386 of 425
latest reply

LEAVE FEEDBACK AS BUYER AND SELLER WILL LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR YOU. SELLERS CAN NOT GIVE NEG FEEDBACK SO THEY HAVE TO WAIT TILL BUYER DOES TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OK. SUCK IT UP AND DO THE RIGHT THING. ALSO PAY FOR THE ITEM DO NOT BE A DEADBEAT BIDDER BUY ITEM THEN NEVER PAY FOR IT........TOM

Any body out there having trouble with the new enhanced picture listings???????
Message 387 of 425
latest reply

You are the worst kind of scum on this earth. What happened in your pitiful life to make you so spiteful? Not leaving feedback until feedback is received is literally the ONLY method a seller has for protecting them self.

If a seller ins't leaving you feedback it's probably because thye have dealt with too many whiny buyer cry babies or actual shady customers who try to abuse the system The buyer can't even leave anything but positive feedback for you anyway. What do you even have to complain about.

DO NOT LEAVE NEGATIVE OR NEUTRAL FEEDBACK BECAUSE YOUR'E A SNOWFLAKE AND THINK YOU DESERVE INSTANT FEEDBACK.

If you are leaving negative/neutral feedback to buyers who provide a good service/product solely because you are actual scum.
Message 388 of 425
latest reply

No more feedbacks? last 5  win bids, pay on time, no feedback for me... no one arrive.. and cant let feedbacks for F..K bad sllers ... time to go to Amazon

Message 389 of 425
latest reply

I have left 12 positive feedback comments (and counting) to sellers and received nothing. Your statement is false. I have also been blocked from a seller that claims they don't know why, and blame eBay. Ebay said only sellers can place a block. This is a company I bought from for 10 years all positive and never a return or any negativety. I am still blocked. I suspect they are on here and don't like the fact that I believe that sellers should leave feedback first.  Like any business, thank your customers for spending their money with you, and don't worry about a few negative reviews hurting anything, or buyers trying to get free things or getting your feelings hurt that they didn't leave positive feedback for you. It doesn't bother me to see a negative review when it's next to a hundred positive ones. Nobody cares. 

Message 390 of 425
latest reply