cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay unfair to sellers

why does ebay have such distain for its sellers. Up untill 4 weeks ago I was a top rated seller with 100% feedback (1150 transactions) then I made the mistake of selling to low rated buyers (little or now feedback), at which point I recieved 2 neutral and 1 neg feedback, one was for dust in the bottom of a vase, second was not as described shoe size, when detailed measurements were provided, and my favorite was not shipping to a non verified address, all resulted in my calling customer (non) support, at which time I was denied any resolution, now as a result my seller rating was lowered and my funds are pending on paypal. So I removed all of my listings, canceled my current active auctions and will be moving on, I am sorry I wasted 4 years of my time thinking ebay was great, when it is a terrible environment for sellers, and the people who make policy should be terminated. Just type ebay unfair to its sellers in Google and look at the thousands of complaints. I will be making it my mission to trash ebay on every venue possible, and I will be in good company, also paypal is a joke, 4 years of flawless transactions and they put my funds on hold?????????????????????

Message 1 of 260
latest reply
259 REPLIES 259

Re: ebay unfair to sellers

Uh... They always low ball. Sometimes you have to bite your tongue. For some strange reason the buyers think Ebay must give you that stuff your selling?? Or they got it in their heads that the U.S.Mint is giving ebay sellers free stuff!??. It is such a shame to see these sellers prices and including mine, priced below the Mint price just so you can sell it. These buyers on Ebay price check and they will not pay what you paid for it.. Although the value of your product is going up every 2 months? They will not pay $2.00 more this week.. Lol then ebay has their hand out saying Drop the price so it will sell..

Message 151 of 260
latest reply

I have been buying and selling very low volumes for 15 years. I always tried to keep my reputation spotless.  Earlier this year I had my first encounter with their "unlimited customer satisfaction warranty".

I had a whole case of a clock chime and had been selling them slowly over the years; even overseas. Suddenly a buyer that deals in these items accused me of selling him a unit that was used and of an unknown material with no musical sound. Ebay forced me to reimburse and pay return freight, even though I kept on selling these units and getting favorable reviews. Obviously this puts a whole new light on their usefulness.

Message 152 of 260
latest reply

I noticed this was posted in 2012.  Now, in 2018, Ebay STILL hasn't learned the lesson. Why are sellers  taking this **bleep** from this dishonest, shady business practises of Ebay?  Take them to the court!  Sue their ass!

Message 153 of 260
latest reply

As with all major big companies or in this case Ebay?. I am sure they have a claus in there where you can't sue their ass..lol.. Yes in those small letters at the bottom of the 22 page rules and regulations.. I think its page 17.. ..LOL

Message 154 of 260
latest reply

Yep, No longer wasting my time selling on Ebay. ( was top rated 100% seller). Ebay has gotten so greedy.  Always sides with scam buyers!  Then they tweet the rules and buyers have to jump through hoops just to get minimal profit!!!!!

Message 155 of 260
latest reply

soon some idiot buyer will scam you and they (ebay) will hold your entire stash. good luck getting your funds back

Message 156 of 260
latest reply

So true. Tiffany&Co sued ebay for allowing so many fake Tiffany items to be sold. Tiffany lost because ebay "is not responsible" for criminal activity that occurs. 

ebay is a dog. I am just holding my breath that I get lucky enough to sell the rest of my inventory. Then is "bye bye" to these dogs.

Message 157 of 260
latest reply

Me too. Just hoping I get lucky enough to make through the rest of my inventory. 

Message 158 of 260
latest reply

Agreed.
Message 159 of 260
latest reply

Its hard for ebay to watch the 10's of thousands of sellers, products and buyers. When we sell? We are basically their employees. All they can hope for is the world to be honest. They can NOT staff enough employees to see over every sale. So with that being said they do not know the buyer but they do know you. And its just easier to blame you " the employee" so they can move on . Its your loss not theirs. I noticed most complaints come from those that sale like knick knacks? Things that might drop in value once purchased or things that have no value once purchased? Then you get buyers remorse that might come in to play.? I sell things that are also known as an investment. Once they buy it? It still worth that value or even more in 6 months? And that is what keeps alot of those kind of buyers at bay. But i would never mail uninsured. Because I know Ebay will make me pay if they rip me off..
Message 160 of 260
latest reply

OMG

Message 161 of 260
latest reply

Is there another we can go to?
Ebay and paypal are linked whether they admit it or not. Ive seen it first hand.

I am a seller fed up with ebays lack of support to thier one source of income..us sellers...
Message 162 of 260
latest reply

Its not the "way the world is"  As a seller I bend over backwards for my customers.  Does ebay?  Guess what genius..the sellers are Ebays customers.  Thats how they make thier dough.  They are grossly supportive of buyers...not the people paying their salaries.

I recently had a non paying buyer.  There is no place now to leave a buyer negative feedback? **bleep**?  They sure as hell can.

Freezing paypal assets because of one buyers issues and he fliles a case?  I need to do some research but that sounds illegal.  I do believe they have been sued for such actions....

Message 163 of 260
latest reply

Hell yea they are together. In one instance paypal gave back my money to a buyer after the buyer left me positive feedback!. I was new and paypal said i wasnt confirmed!! Oh i get it.... I was confirmed enough that you took your percentage when the buyer sent it to me the first time! And when the buyer had to send it back you took your percentage again!?!!. So i politely called those non-speaking english Sons of B!$#& and told them Ebay and I will handle the customers and items for sale. You just handle the money flow and stay OUT OF OUR CUSTOMER RELATIONS DEPARTMENT!
Message 164 of 260
latest reply

I disagree. I have been selling on Ebay off and on for 14 years and never had a problem. Sold a phone to someone, they clearly damaged it and I proved it as well, but still the buyer is the winner. They get to send you back a non-working product and you have the privilege to pay shipping both ways at your expense. After today, i am done with Ebay and going all in on Ebid and Amazon.
Message 165 of 260
latest reply