cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Abuse we now take as sellers on Ebay :-( Should Read Seller

consignsite
Enthusiast

(sorry for the long thread)Ever since Ebay changed there feedback format to no more Negs to bidder's, I've had a lot of problems now. Back in the day when we could leave Negs to unruly, or non-paying bidder's, there wasn't to much trouble. I had about 7 bidder's not follow through (from 1999) with there bid's and a few mean bidder's. NOW..11 non-paying bidders, 3 rude bidder's and 1 other bidder from May 2011, that still harrasses me to this day. At least Ebay suspended him for good. I can't be the only seller being affected by this so called "new and improved" Ebay format. I long for the good ole days when I could tell if a bidder was good or not, now..we have no idea who the problem makers are?? Because of this one bidder, I no longer sell under my consignsite name and don't enjoy selling on Ebay as I once did. Now, when I see a message on Ebay Intranet, I get a little nervous and wonder "what it is now". I can no longer warn fellow seller's of any potential problems with a bidder. I also never bother a bidder anymore if they don't follow through with there bid, what's the point. They'll just say they didn't get it and we're stuck giving them there money back, whether we like it or not. I'm an excellent honst seller and don't deserve they way I am now treated by bidder's that know they have us all under a barrel. I see that this change has done nothing to improve Ebay's bottom line at the stock market, only there botom line with all the increases in fee's we now pay. Please tell me your stories and any solution idea's..I sincerly do feel my hands are tied and can no longer defend myself when I take a beating from a bidder. Be safe and thanks for reading...
G

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: The Abuse we now take as sellers on Ebay :-( Should Read Seller

Hi,

I just left feedback because someone did a Best Offer and then never paid nor sent any response. I typed into the feedback line the following "Did not pay, did not respond to Unpaid Case." I know it shows up as positive but if someone reads the comments on the feedback they will know what happened. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Ellen

Message 46 of 55
latest reply

I too am just learning this the hard way.. Apparently the buyers are very well aware of how to cheat us all. I have never had a problem before and now have the misfortune of being taken by a buyer that seems to know this scam quite well. I will no longer sell or buy here after this! Very disappointed..
Message 47 of 55
latest reply

I am sorry for each and every one of us that has been cheated and abused by ebay lately..  yes, I too was cheated ...after 5 years of impecable service and reviews.. I got a winner of a buyer who knows the system... I.. being shocked was trying to may sense of this complaint that the shorts I sold her were "Not as decribed" .. my ad clearly stated they were a junior size 5 and I provided a picture of the Levis Jr. size 5 label  ... I also state no returns accepted... She stated that there is no way a size 5 is a 25 waist... Again... these are a Junior Size.. Ebay automatically found it in her favor without even looking at it..  Even after an ebay agent told me clearly my case would be won and just to wait... I waited and got the shock of now having to pay return shipping for someone who clearly was too big for the pants after she didnt know that she doesnt wear a Junior size.. ... I did this for fun and to pick up a little trading money because I also would buy clothing items  or I would donate my profits from Paypal to animal rescue charities.  Not any more.. I will not ever use Ebay again!!! Not to buy or sell!  They have stolen my money and enabled an cheater to get away with abusing an honest seller.. I am only glad that I stumbled onto this site ..to air my frustration and to realize that I am now in this club!!!

Thanks to all for listening.  I believe in Karma!!!!  

Message 48 of 55
latest reply

I am a ebay seller and be abused by an ebay buyer, there is no way you can ask help from ebay. They told me to accept refund, then appreal for it. After I follow what ebay told me, I realized nothing I can do. Helpless. eBay cannot stop the same buyer open different ebay accounts and continuly purchse and asking refund. 

Message 49 of 55
latest reply

Ebay has abused the situation for me too. I sold an item and the buyer 442_olds  had enough time to check the ad (7 days). He (442_olds )  just changed his mind after receiving the item and opened a case. He has abused and eBay accepted his case. Now my item is not retruned to me and my money has beel lost.

This is absolutley unfair and not professional after 16 years of activities on eBay.

I feel very bad and sad with this abusing situation. Ebay does not protect sellers at all.

Message 50 of 55
latest reply

Look like this is continuing....just had a case against me and I have no way to repsond back.  Total **bleep**...no wonder there are other online systems popping up.

VR

Shredder

Message 51 of 55
latest reply

I sympathize with problems Sellers have. I've never sold on Ebay, but I purchase things regularly. I always pay immediately and I've never had to return an item........until this week.

This is the worst experience I've ever had with a seller. The item was damaged (probably in shipment-I cannot verify that but box was damaged). When I contacted the seller he was immediately abusive saying things like "You Lie--item was in perfect condition" and then"accused me of "swapping out subassemblies in the product " . In other words he had totally decided I was cheating him even after I showed him detailed pictures showing the damage in both the product and the box it came. He stated: "I don't buy your pictures........" .
So as in any human venture there are dishonest and angry people of low intent on both sides--both buyer and seller.
This incident is personally very upsetting to me--I tend to avoid conflict. But now I'm dealing with a person who I could only describe as "of low consciousness and harmful and dishonest intentions".

In addition I didn't realize how difficult and time consuming these kinds of things are. How to document the incident, how to contact Ebay (you cannot email them), how to gather together the documentation. It's hardly worth the effort to file a complaint unless an item has high value.

My usage of Ebay will terminate except for very low value items.
Message 52 of 55
latest reply

The BIG thing I am now facing are the buyers bypasing the Ebay return system and immediately filing claims on Paypal. The problem with them method is unless you catch this on Paypal you have no idea it is occurring. You have to immediately answer the claim on Paypal or you will loose. The scammers know all the ropes and are getting worst all the time because they are allowed to get away with it.

Message 53 of 55
latest reply

I was looking at buying a net 10 LG phone on ebay. A few of the sellers listed the "new " phone in package as "Not able to activate". Does that mean it's stolen and I'd be buying a phone I can't use? Any info would be helpful. Thanks, Ignorant

Message 54 of 55
latest reply

How do I resolve SELLER abuse issues to eBay - 100% feedback customer of 15+ years - sick and tired of supporting sellers who INSIST on including religious propaganda in with product!

Message 55 of 55
latest reply