cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Tax Laws

I will not be posting on eBay any longer with the new tax laws to much to deal with and to expensive nothing left on the bone. Thanks to FJB (LETS MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN ) And get rid of these losers . United we Stand.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

New Tax Laws

Biden was not the one creating the law by himself and passing it into law. It took both the House Of Representatives AND the Senate to do that. 

We do not live under a monarchy, we live in a constitutional republic. It's not one person's hands that are dirty, but a whole army of them. 

This line of thinking and ignorance to how things work, is what leads to this in the first place. If you would do your "homework" I'm pretty sure you will find "your guy" had their hands dirty too, and voted for it. You may want to keep that in mind next time you vote. Knowing WHO you are voting for, in EVERY seat, makes a difference. Party don't mean much. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

New Tax Laws

Honestly, I hope a lot of mis-informed sellers leave this saturated market and leave a big hole for us legit sellers to fill it. I am looking forward to another personal record-breaking year on ebay. Forward>Motion! 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

New Tax Laws

@hope2fish wrote:

I will not be posting on eBay any longer with the new tax laws to much to deal with and to expensive nothing left on the bone. Thanks to FJB (LETS MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN ) And get rid of these losers . United we Stand.

There are no new tax laws. You’ve always been required to report your eBay income. If you really want to “stand United”, pay what you owe, including back taxes.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

New Tax Laws

Yup the Trump train started this in 2018 and Biden & Congress finished it off in 2021.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

New Tax Laws

I can't recall a time when so many in this country are so misinformed.  I have to think the choice of channels/social media sites plays a big role. 

Sorry, this is in response to the OP.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

New Tax Laws

Give me a break, the ONLY person or institution, that is burdened by the tax policy is eBay ITSELF. eBay has to comply by providing the reporting. eBay is burdened not the seller. The seller has NO change.

PAY YOUR FREAKING TAXES!!! Pay your student loans YOU took out, pay the contracts you signed.

Nothing has changed for the seller. It's ok to say, I made a mistake, was confused etc. This is no big deal, see a tax accountant and get on track. NO BIG DEAL. As a conservative your post make me sick. You do not represent me, that's for sure. This is not a left or right issue.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

New Tax Laws

@forward-motion wrote:

Honestly, I hope a lot of mis-informed sellers leave this saturated market and leave a big hole for us legit sellers to fill it. I am looking forward to another personal record-breaking year on ebay. Forward>Motion! 

well said, agreed.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

New Tax Laws

So you just posted on a public forum that you have not been paying taxes on your eBay income since 2013.   Smart move.  Knock knock, who's there, the IRS!

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

New Tax Laws

$3000 in 6 weeks of sales and you are planning on NOT reporting that income? 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

New Tax Laws

@hope2fish wrote:

Total unadulterated bulltrump.  The only new tax laws were those passed by the previous administration to lower taxes on the wealthy and corporations while continuing the really big lie, propagated by leaders of both political parties, that somehow capital trickles down when in fact in only percolates upwards.  Your hated of Biden is simply the result of  carefully crafted propaganda aimed at dividing and conquering the working class.  You have been duped.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

New Tax Laws

@hope2fish wrote:

All of your eBay income was reportable and taxable under Trump as well. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

New Tax Laws

And out comes the mob to attack you for your opinion ... How typical.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

New Tax Laws

Let's be fair now this started under Trump in 2018 and was finished off by Biden in March of 2021 with the new $600 trigger.

Everyone, on both sides, needs to stop watching cable news, stop listening to progressive podcasts and right wing crazy A.M. radio and look at the realities that stare them in the face each and every day.

And then get involved. But that's no fun so people don't do it. It's easier to parrot on both sides. Sad.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply