cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More important than ebay?

Here's a pic of my daughter's "Babies"    All 3 are rescue dogs.    The two boys are 100% devoted to each other

and are both fantastic and playful dogs.

The little black Pup (4 months) is a new addition.   She was being abused and neglected by our neighbor across the 

street.   We became friendly with her when she started coming to us for food and water.    By the time 

we called the humane society her ribs were showing.    She'd spend hours in their front yard waiting for somebody to pay attention to her.   

Now they're a trio.    Bruce and Theo Love their little sister and don't even mind that Belle has taken over.  Trio.jpg

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: More important than ebay?

feeding furry feral friends20220913_115554_Burst01.jpg

Message 31 of 44
latest reply

Beautiful family!!! The only reason I sell on eBay is to support my rescuing habit. ^_^   ^_^  

Happy holidays and please tell your rescue pups I said "hi."

Message 32 of 44
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

You are GOOD PEOPLE!

How can anyone neglect any animal just eludes me - Belle is adorable!

It's sweet how they're all so good for the camera, too.

Unfortunately, this thread will probably be banished to some seldom-visited 'group' in the bowels of the forums.

Could be the ham bone dirk's holding above his head?

And yes, g_d forbid we stray off topic, even in the season of goodwill.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 33 of 44
latest reply

Thank you for the care to these sweet doggies!  Happy Howlidays~

Message 34 of 44
latest reply

Few of the things about "Snake Pusskin" whom we named after those of you aware the Kurt Russell (Actor) films Escape from New York and Escape from LA . Snake here is an interesting fella.

For example, he love's Friskies Shreds for food yet he's problem's eating.  He can eat dry food no problem yet wet food, problems.  I have to put the plate on our dining room table and he'll lick away at the plate but can't seem to get hold of the "shreds" (meat).  So I have to pile it in long strip then he'll go down the pile as if eating corn off the cobb.  If I just leave him to eat it on his own, he'll get frustrated and leave!  So, I have continue the process until he's done!  Then he'll give me a nose to nose touch and jumps down!

The position you see him in is generally how he sleeps, on his back just like the photo.  Doesn't matter where, floor, couch, doesn't matter albeit most the time his tail is curled up between his legs over his belly.

This cat has HUGE shoulders, I mean almost like "Back boobs" and he walks more like a wildcat, sorta Hyena but not as profound.  Nothing wrong with him according to the Vet, just the way he is and she told is his eating issue with wet foods are likely due to his rather large canine teeth as compared to his uppers.  So, another name for him I used at times is, "Sabre Tooth Panther Puss."

20230226_005504.jpg

Message 35 of 44
latest reply

Yes,  pets are more important than ebay.

Pets are your best friend, companion & family member. 

Message 36 of 44
latest reply

We lost our 2 girlies  Maggie (Golden Retriever) in 2018 and Foxy (Honorary GR)

in 2021.  They were both special need and came from 2 different rescues. We

really miss and love them. BTW...the rescue we adopted Foxy from listed her as

a GR but we knew she wasn't one. Our vet said she was a Corgi.29570663_10156434988839551_1496289414565681018_n.jpg

We miss not having a fur baby and really hope to adopt one in the new year.

Message 37 of 44
latest reply

@helhum-half 

And a Meowy Christmas to you!

kiki2_edited-2.jpg

Message 38 of 44
latest reply

Our Dorpug baby is almost 6 now.

missy 6-23.JPG

Message 39 of 44
latest reply

@ed8108 

I have at least 6 Feral cats that seem to frequent my deck.  My kids call them Puppy Cats.  😆 I leave them water and food as it's cold now & no little critters are available for lunch due to hibernation.  They also hang out right under the bird feeder.  Imagine that?  lolP1030374.JPG

P1030377.JPG

Message 40 of 44
latest reply

Proud,   GRs are the best.   My wife and I are partial to Black Labs and over the years have had two.

When my oldest son and his wife went to Dubai for 3 years,    We adopted Bailey their female GR

She was the sweetest and dumbest dog I ever had the pleasure of keeping.   She and my Female 

Lab were about the same age and had grown up together.    They were sisters and BFs and would sleep 

at night back to back pressing against each other.   

I truly believe that a good Dog is a gift from God.  

Message 41 of 44
latest reply

A new furry has joined & living together with the other two ferals

Screenshot_2023-12-19-11-12-08.png

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

Although ferals do stay far away from humans they don't trust, with time they will likely seek & be comfortable having physical contact with those humans they trust to express gratitude for the kindness you have given

20220802_142543-1.jpg

            Enjoy the Holidays

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

True. Trust can be built up over time. I have 6 of them that I feed and they are all comfortable coming into my front hall to eat. 3 have even hunkered down for a cat nap after eating. I think that's amazing given I started feeding them in late April, when they were still kittens. The other 3 are still very skittish, but all will come when I call them.  

Message 44 of 44
latest reply