cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay favors Buyers Not Sellers

dawood
Enthusiast

I have been with eBay from the very beginning and they have gradually started favoring the buyer and not the seller. If you get a horrible buyer there is no way to leave a negative feedback. If the buyer says something is wrong with the item (whether there is or not) eBay favors them and you are forced to refund their money. If ebay continues on this road I believe they will lose more sellers. Also I can not find anyway to CALL eBay and talk to a real person, Is there???

Message 1 of 139
latest reply
138 REPLIES 138

A seller for 12 Years! Over 27000+ Feedback! Over 70000+ Sold items!

And yet Ebay and Paypal treating me like I am a Newbie - limiting access to my $$ - dropping me as a Top-seller for 3 NAD - yes, 3 NAD items for 879 sold!!!!

They are going bonkers! Next month I know I will be getting the Limited Selling hit - but I have  a surprise for EBAY - THAT IS WHEN I WILL be SHUTTING DOWN!

Enough of theis nonsense!

Message 16 of 139
latest reply

Yes - I have had the same experience over the years! I even had a customer representative tell to stop whining and If i didn't like Ebay policies to go sell somewhere else! Really!

Not only Buyers are abusive so are some Ebay representatives!

Been doing this for 12 years folk and they and Ebay have always been the same - suck-it-up seller and stop whining!!

Message 17 of 139
latest reply

Agreed 110% Ebay policy wonks have gone off the deep end! And like all things political they are all in a bubble! This will severely impact their bottom line in the long run - PROFITS!! They may not think so - why should they. But no sellers or severly reduced sellers means no listings or very few listings!

It is amazing that Ebay would create these draconian policies!

Message 18 of 139
latest reply

Gradually have went against sellers?  No,they started going against sellers the day EBay went public on the stock market and it became this huge corporation.

It is like any other heartless greedy company that will suck what it can from those who make it work.

I have been at it for 14 years  and really loved it at 1st. I still do it because it is where my listings are but I no longer enjoy it.

If something new and better comes along I like most will jump this sinking ship.

A seller is just something to be used and discarded without a thought.

The folks in charge think they are some kind of marketing whizzes and no everything there is to know about retail sales.

Been told as much by a customer rep.

In reality they are oblivious to what make real sales.

They should watch Rodney Dangerfield in Back To School.

realize that you actually have to go out in the real world to find out how to sell.Not go from the college class to the boardroom and come up with lame brain ideas.

Message 19 of 139
latest reply

Ebay policies are insane.  I got my first negative feedback from a buyer with a 1 rating when I did everything by the book and then refunded the buyers money.  This company will be out of business within a decade.

Message 20 of 139
latest reply

I have been on ebay 12 years. And yes they are favoring the buyer more and more. I sold a very nice Hall China piece and the the buyer emailed it was damaged. I( asked for photos. She never sent them Told her the piece was insured. All most one month past before she filed a claim with the USPS. Claim denined. ebay sided with the buyer after I proved I paid for insurance and shipping through their hook up with Paypal. No negitive feedback for bad bidders, ebay limits media mail cost to 4 bucks and parcel post to 5 bucks. What business is it of ebay to tell me how much shiping is going to cost. Can't take checks or money orders, ebay will lose ther Paypal fees.  I am  going to appeal. Yeah right LOL. Joined eBid today and listed a bunch of auctions.

Message 21 of 139
latest reply

That very well may be, but for good cause. Ebay wishes to protect the buyer from the many merchants . This is in part due to the many unforeseen issues which many times are hidden from the buyer. The buyer should be protected, such as the seller. The seller should be more adept in providing accurate, detailed information, avoiding any issues which may occur.

By doing so, (seller), they will be looked upon with the same measure as the buyer. We personally feel that Ebay is striving to conduct, and institute legitimate business practices. Clarity, and communication, are two significant keys, which must be used in accordance with all policies of Ebay. To negate these principles will only enter into dissension between both parties.

Ebay is on the right track and moving forward. These are not easy tasks to speak about, but are contingent upon all facets associated with buying and selling.

† Romans 3:20
20 Because by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified in his sight; for through the law comes the knowledge of sin.
Message 22 of 139
latest reply

That very well may be, but for good cause. Ebay wishes to protect the buyer from the many merchants . This is in part due to the many unforeseen issues which many times are hidden from the buyer. The buyer should be protected, such as the seller. The seller should be more adept in providing accurate, detailed information, avoiding any issues which may occur.

By doing so, (seller), they will be looked upon with the same measure as the buyer. We personally feel that Ebay is striving to conduct, and institute legitimate business practices. Clarity, and communication, are two significant keys, which must be used in accordance with all policies of Ebay. To negate these principles will only enter into dissension between both parties.

Ebay is on the right track and moving forward. These are not easy tasks to speak about, but are contingent upon all facets associated with buying and selling.

† Romans 3:20
20 Because by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified in his sight; for through the law comes the knowledge of sin.
Message 23 of 139
latest reply

tblakescards
Enthusiast

I've been an active Ebay seller & buyer for over 10 years.  I was able to buy on Ebay as long as I could generated some income by selling on Ebay.  Now, it seems that EVERY decision Ebay makes is profit-based.  If it makes them money, then it's good to go.  That's why seller's fees continue to increase at an alarming rate  Ebay even charges me on the $2.79 I charge for S/H.  This is a process that I'm already losing money on after taking into account what the USPS charges me and the packaging materials I purchase! 

Sellers are not protected, because Ebay sees buyers being more pertinent to their profit margins.  Ebay's short-sightedness will lead them to lose a seller before they lose a buyer.  What they fail to see is that many of their sellers are also active buyers.  Once I sell out my inventory (mostly purchased on Ebay!) - I'm saying goodbye to this online marketplace that lost it's heart in exchange for greed. 

Message 24 of 139
latest reply

galaxyvoyager
Enthusiast

Well put, tblake.

Message 25 of 139
latest reply

Syno, with all due respect, you have 4 feedbacks so who is the "we" you are referring to or do you have another account with Ebay? I am confused.

Ignorance of the policy is no excuse nor is abuse of it whether you are a buyer or a seller.

To those who have been here a long time, those who's food depends on their profit and new sellers... I feel your pain and I am truly sorry that the new policies have so negatively affected you.

To those who constantly add a link..... I am 90% sure we can all find and read the policy pages and I am 100% sure I have never clicked on one from here.

Message 26 of 139
latest reply

I'm with you on that Frank and I am a Catholic!

Message 27 of 139
latest reply

Thanks for the reply noreservehandbags.  Spent 8 years in Catholic school. Look at message 24 at subject  Ebay is robbing people,Lets start a class action suit!  to see what I mean. There are also two posts by me there on mailing costs. 

Message 28 of 139
latest reply

no buyers no e-bay and that is the bottom line .sellers are a dime a dozen .the buyer is KING most sites sellers can't leave feedback .if the sellers has no buyers they don't pay fee's unless they go over the 50 free listing's or have a lot of photo's but that also will be free soon.are e-bay fee's to high YES and big time compare to most other sites .yes we will get free photo's soon BUT e-bay will still make more money with the new rules as some sellers won't ship in one day and lose their discount .its a win win win for e-bay as always. what is in store for next year maybe they will charge a fee just for a seller to be on e-bay .

Message 29 of 139
latest reply

e-bay does not want the small seller and that is fact .they are going the GM'S ,WAL MART WAY ect . seller don't pay much to e-bay if no sales its the buyer who makes the seller pay a lot .sellers are a dime a dozen but buyers now a days are scarce .so the bottom line is the buyer is KING if you go to most sites sellers can't leave feedback .

Message 30 of 139
latest reply