cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback

camille46
Enthusiast

I have about nine buyers who did not leave a feedback.  I even emailed them and politely reminded them to do so.  I take pride in how I wrap the items I ship and I am very descriptive about what I am selling.  So I do not understand if this is a regular problem.  I leave my feedback immediately for them upon receipt of their funds and my shipping.  I even tried delaying my feedback for a few to see if they responded first.  I have had not complaints from any of these buyers.  What's up??????

Message 1 of 333
latest reply
332 REPLIES 332

Re: Buyers not leaving feedback

I think the biggest problem here is getting PAID. I currently have a 100% rating (of only 22 reviews). I have a confirmed PayPal address. I ship promptly. I notify my buyer the instant I have a tracking number, as well as anything that might be a problem. (for example, I dropped off a guitar for shipping last night (1030/13). I was informed that the package would not SHIP until today (10/31) at approx 7pm eastern time.

Yet, after marking the item as "shipped", and providing tracking...it still says I have to wait until 11/11/13 (8 business days from today), PLUS the 3-5 days PayPal likes to take to then TRANSFER the funds. Someone had it right.. There is NO INCENTIVE to be a "good buyer". "Good buyers" make reputable sellers. I mean.. I have a 100% rating. I see people out there with 100% ratings with something like 2500 reviews Top Sellers) , and I bet these people STILL have to wait. All the while, the "buyer" is merrily on their way with their product... while you sit and wait for funds to become available to you.

Message 31 of 333
latest reply

I only have 12 feed backs which is less than half of the items I have sold so far as a new seller.  Feedback is voluntary although ebay constantly reminds sellers to leave feedback.  I would rather get no feedback than anything less than positive,so I am one who do not poke sleeping dogs.  I ship same day if payment is made before 4pm since I live so close to post office I can ship same day with no problema nd alot of my buyers have left feedback that I ship fast but even more of my buyers have left no feedback at all.  Do not worry about stacking up positive feedbacks worrry aout surviving as an ebay seller.

Message 32 of 333
latest reply

OK im gonna say it : some People are just plain Lazy ,LOL ...but yeah they are ,happy Holidays !

Message 33 of 333
latest reply

I understand feedback is optional, buy eBay still touts it as an important measure of a seller's worth with their number and star system. Over the past 3 months I have had around 25-30% of buyers leave feedback.
eBay could help the issue by increasing the visibility if the 'leave feedback' option.
Message 34 of 333
latest reply

I thought something wasn't right.  When I first started selling in 02 buyers left feedback and I would send one in return.  Now since the rules have changed, I have not been getting any feedback for the items that I sell and my rating just stays the same.  I agree with Charlierock25, if feedback is encouraged than that helps the buyer and seller know who they are dealing with.   I don't get it!

Message 35 of 333
latest reply

The last 5 selling items had no feedback.  I have always left feedback to others.  A person leaving no feedback is showing an act of hostility and that should be noted on all  of  your saved transactions form so that you will remember the next time.  Feedback is very important for new sellers as well as long time eBay seller.  I show that you are on the right track and that you  have good customer service and therefore is credible.  Perhaps some of your buyers just forget or don't realize how important it is to the seller as well as themselves.  There's that type of thinking out there.  Just like voting. Some people never vote but they will complaint all the time and people like that is dangerous! I rather not sell to those type of people-under any conditions.

My philosophy is the customer is #1 in my book and I will do whatever I can to remedy a problem.

It is common courtesy to leave a FB if you are happy with the merchandise.

Message 36 of 333
latest reply

Just remember no feedback is the best feedback you can get.  Also remember a positive feedback can get you kicked off of ebay if the buyer dings your dsrs and especially if your dsr have been dinged before or even in the future.  No feedback is the best feedback.

Message 37 of 333
latest reply

After the buyer pays, the seller should leave feeback. There are no other requirements for buyers to complete. Any seller that leaves feedback gets feedback in return. No fb from seller, none from me. This is because I have left feedback to many times and not recieved it from sellers. I think the lazyness on leaving feedback can be split 50/50 between sellers and buyers.

Message 38 of 333
latest reply

I actually have the opposite problem. I'm only a buyer, and started noticing that I was leaving much more feedback for the sellers than they were leaving for me. I take pride in paying as soon as I win an item. I've adjusted my FB now, I will not leave feedback until the seller leaves it for me first. Afterall, I pay first. I will send messages to some sellers and they never respond, but if I'm asking about an item I'm interesting in buying then they resond. So, I will not leave anymore FB to sellers that do not leave mine first. Oh, by the way, in over 10 years of buying, I've only left one negative feedback.

Message 39 of 333
latest reply

I can't understand why ebay makes FB such an important commodity for sellers and voluntary for buyers. I don't know if it's a contradiction or an unfinished concept that someone started and then fell asleep and didn't complete. Because it is no doubt flawed!

Message 40 of 333
latest reply

If every one of our buyers would leave feedback we would have 5 times the amount of positive feedback then we do right now, it is frustrating.  We leave positive feedback for every buyer promptly!  We also put in every order a note thanking them for their purchase, and if they have any issues to please contact us as our customer satisfaction / customer service is very important to us, in this note we also ask them to kindly leave positive feedback if they were happy with their purchase.

Who has great tricks on getting buyers to leave positive feedback? 

Message 41 of 333
latest reply

I never leave (+) feedback for the buyer till, the buyer is happy! If a buyer did't leave feedback with all the emailes you send, & reminders.
The buyer prob. will not give you any feedback... (and if they do, "after a month, I would not want there feedback")
"Don't email buyers to leave feedback." (I know, "I did it & had a buyer leave - feedback" Sometimes no feedback is the best feedback...****
paadjusterGreenie's
new & used items.
lost treasues, and now they can shine.
play like an Pro,! Don't Pay like an Pro.!!!
Message 42 of 333
latest reply

Only 9?

I have a countless number of buyer who haven't left me feedback, despite having left some for them, and politely asking them to do so.

I know, it should be two way.  But, I'm a good seller, so I take it upon myself to leave them some.  On their part, it's like they don't care...

How I wish Ebay would make it mandatory for everyone to leave feedback for the other

Message 43 of 333
latest reply

I believe FB should be left for buyers that are trying to build their status. I have sold five items and had only one leave FB. That's not fair since paypal puts a hold on your funds until you build a higher rating. I do everything in my power to make sure I list correctly and ship like I'm supposed to. Then PayPal tells you transaction is complete from buyer but you have to wait to get your funds. I have left FB for my buying customers saying thanks for fast payment or whatever and it took me no more than a minute of my time. I understand we live in a busy world but come on does it really take that much time to say "Thanks".
Message 44 of 333
latest reply

I got 4 outstanding items needing feedback. All were delivered at this past moth, most recent was requested to pickup at local post last week.  I've sent friendly reminders once a week.  Can eBay not just set up a system to where if no issues are reported withing a 30-60 day period, then automatic feedback will be posted and perhaps a message for that feedback saying something like "buyer had no issues, this is an automatic post from eBay."  This would help alot of new sellers reach those levels.  Otherwise, why should I even bother leaving feedback at all?

Message 45 of 333
latest reply