cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback

camille46
Enthusiast

I have about nine buyers who did not leave a feedback.  I even emailed them and politely reminded them to do so.  I take pride in how I wrap the items I ship and I am very descriptive about what I am selling.  So I do not understand if this is a regular problem.  I leave my feedback immediately for them upon receipt of their funds and my shipping.  I even tried delaying my feedback for a few to see if they responded first.  I have had not complaints from any of these buyers.  What's up??????

Message 1 of 333
latest reply
332 REPLIES 332

People not leaving feedback

I'm in the same boat. Only about 2/3 of my buyers have left feedback. I always do.  And I, like you, take extra care in listing and shipping, etc.  Don't know what the deal is. Guess they just don't care about it.

Message 16 of 333
latest reply

Great idea! I hadn't thought of that! Thanks!
Message 17 of 333
latest reply

For me and almost all the time buyer, Sometimes the Buyer is so frustrated or disgusted with the product that was sent that it doesn't warrant a buyer....From dented products, to missing items on the product or just plain dishonest sellers won't make me give feedback.....But most of the time i do.....And please all you people that demand a 5 STAR rating, please you don't.....

Message 18 of 333
latest reply

Feedback means nothing to a buyer since they only recieve positive feedback. 

Message 19 of 333
latest reply

I've received feedback from four of my last ten buyers. I received money from all of them. I'm fine with that.

Message 20 of 333
latest reply

If eBay included "% of feedback provided" as a user's rank or badge, we'd probably see more participation. I think it would be a valid metric. It would be nice to know if someone's a considerate community member, or a lazy ingrate. (I'd go so far as to say I'd like to exclude members as buyers if they have less than 90% participation in feedback.).

Someone said in this thread the feedback system has become meaningless. The comments may be meaningless. But, I think it's valuable to see someone's had x number of transactions without problems. If eBay would show the "number of transaction" instead of number of feedback, I'd feel better about this. Then only the negative feedback would have meaning.

I'm just ticked that I'm trying to get to 49 and a buyer didn't leave feedback. I looked at their feedback. They've received about 100 from others (as buyers or sellers). They've left only 1 feedback (a complaint). I honestly regret selling to someone with such a poor sense of community.

Message 21 of 333
latest reply

@azfuller wrote:

If eBay included "% of feedback provided" as a user's rank or badge, we'd probably see more participation. I think it would be a valid metric. It would be nice to know if someone's a considerate community member, or a lazy ingrate. (I'd go so far as to say I'd like to exclude members as buyers if they have less than 90% participation in feedback.).

Someone said in this thread the feedback system has become meaningless. The comments may be meaningless. But, I think it's valuable to see someone's had x number of transactions without problems. If eBay would show the "number of transaction" instead of number of feedback, I'd feel better about this. Then only the negative feedback would have meaning.

I'm just ticked that I'm trying to get to 49 and a buyer didn't leave feedback. I looked at their feedback. They've received about 100 from others (as buyers or sellers). They've left only 1 feedback (a complaint). I honestly regret selling to someone with such a poor sense of community.

That's hilarious. Someone who pays and completes the transaction without problems is a "considerate community member". Are you canceling bids from members who don't leave much feedback?

Message 22 of 333
latest reply

I think many of the buyers think ebay is fun, which it is and a game, but don't see it from the seller's perspective that they rely on this money for rent ect. And if they don't leave good feedback, sellers don't eat and how important it is for sellers.   You have to be a seller and a buyer. For years I was a buyer and it was fun, but then you are the one who has to pay the bills it's not so fun.

Message 23 of 333
latest reply

Used to track feedback received vs. items sold over a 1 year period.  Received a return of 35 to 40%.  On the other hand I left 99.8% positive feed backs for the buyers at the time they paid - the .2% were troublesome buyers - never left a negative comment statement in the buyers positive feedback - serves no real benefit - if you can't say something nice about someone, then it is best to not say any thing at all.

I always send a note to the buyer when I ship and include a statement that if they can't leave less than a 5 star rating contact us & let's discuss and advise that I have left them a positive FB and conclude with a comment like  positive FB is a benefit to both of us.

On occasions when we buy and "forgot" to leave FB for the seller eBay sends us a gentle prodding message & then we make it right.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 24 of 333
latest reply

Good morning  Plse try this - when your item is delivered send them a nice message - something like to answer any questions, how was their item and so forth.  Show them that you care and they will show you also

Enjoy

Rima

http://www.ebay.com/sch/dvrkid2012/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=
Message 25 of 333
latest reply

i agree it does not reflect selling activity, i have sold nine items (i am new) and only one person has left feedback, this is so annoying when trying to get your rarings moving,

and also having to wait longer for money to be released, on top of this its mainly higher rated buyers who have bought of me so they should no better, no excuse for it,

a better idea would be Ebay giving a positive after 30 days as it must be obvious the buyer is not unhappy with the purchase.

Message 26 of 333
latest reply

I sent a personal handwritten note, thanking the buyer for their business and and telling them thatt I will leave them positive feedback and greatly appreciate if they would do the same...seems to really help, and they like the extra touch of a hand written note, especially since it is rarely done anymore!
Message 27 of 333
latest reply

I also asked this question not too long ago as I had always bought but never sold until a few months ago. One more thing to add to everyone else's "feedback is voluntary" statement, which we all pretty much know is that NO feedback is the next best thing. If you haven't heard anything at all, it probably means everything is okay. Do not solicit the feedback. You can leave a little reminder on your packing slip, or note to seller but do not demand it or go back later and ask. Either we get it or we don't but the main thing is not to get any negatives or neutrals or low 1s or 2s.

Message 28 of 333
latest reply

I am a buyer only (I do not sell on ebay) I have bought over 1500 items and have a feedback score of 960 at the moment and a 100% rating. I leave a positive FB every time because it is a waste of time trying to get sellers to refund or replace because most just use delaying tactics. I have only lost 3 purchases in 8 years and I treat those as the cost of buying online through ebay. The system works if you look at the big picture.

Message 29 of 333
latest reply

I assume the theory behind leaving feedback is like a store clerk saying, "Thank you" to a customer who buys something, and the customer reciprocating when they've paid for and received the product.  Many people today, though, are so self-absorbed they rarely offer any common courtesy (e.g.., thank you, please, you're welcome, and so on).  What makes it worse is that leaving feedback actually requires effort to login to eBay, click to the correct page, and leave a feedback rating/comment.

Ebay should add a couple items to the seller's "buyer requirements" selections, such as:
  [ ]  Buyer did not leave feedback on more than 50% of their purchases.
  [ ]  Buyer has left more than 20% negative feedback on their purchases (If more than 1 in 5 of their purchases have been negative maybe they should consider buying elsewhere).

They should also make a general feedback policy for both buyers and sellers that if either has not left feedback within 45 days:
  1.  A positive feedback would automatically be left for the other party by eBay if there was no reported problem with the order;
  2.  A neutral feedback would be automatically left for the other party by eBay if there was a problem with the order, but corrected within 30 days,
  3.  A negative feedback would be automatically left for the other party by eBay if there was a problem that took longer than 30 days to correct.

Of course, this may never happen, since it would cause the geeks in the big house to actually do some work in programming all the "IF/THEN" statements, and build added interaction with their databases.  Also, I doubt they even pay attention to suggestions in these forums, since nobody likes to read so many negative comments about themselves.

Message 30 of 333
latest reply