cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Michele Watch How can you tell if its fake or real

Can anyone out there give me a specific way to tell a real from a fake. I have tried searching the Web and still don't know maybe I am dumb,.One person said a true Michele Watch has the Crown over the M. This of course has M over a W, I have looked on actual Michele watch page and they have same thing M over a W, so how do you tell? any help Vigorously Appreciated. I got this at a Church Rummage Sale. and most things donated to those sales is from congregation, and sometimes there oblivious to value of items.and I don't mean that in bad way.

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: Michele Watch How can you tell if its fake or real

I bought my Michele Deco from Tourneau (a very reputable high end watch company) years ago, the watch does not have the "CE"...you really think Tourneau would sell fake Michele's watches???  I think not. Yes I understand you got info straight from the company, somewhere in the middle, someone from the company also don't know.  There's auntentic true Michele's that does not have "CE".  What I do know & facts Tourneau did NOT sell me a fake.  

Message 31 of 62
latest reply

I bought my Michele Deco from Tourneau (a very reputable high end watch company) years ago, the watch does not have the "CE"...you really think Tourneau would sell fake Michele's watches??? I think not. Yes I understand you got info straight from the company, somewhere in the middle, someone from the company also don't know. There's auntentic true Michele's that does not have "CE". What I do know & facts Tourneau did NOT sell me a fake.

Message 32 of 62
latest reply

A letter of conformation all Michele watches has "CE"?  My Deco does not have "CE" imprinted on the back....So Michele's supervisor & you're saying I bought a fake Michele Deco from Tourneau???  A high end very reputable watch company selling fake watches?!!!!  Im going to say the supervisor from Michele don't know what their products very well.  It's safe to say w/out "CE" I'm confident my watch is authentic.  With that said...not all Michele watches have "CE".  

Message 33 of 62
latest reply

I just checked my wifes Urban that we bought at Nordstroms.  There is no CE on the back.

Message 34 of 62
latest reply

That is an ignorant comment.  

Message 35 of 62
latest reply

Yours looks much like mine which I know is a replica as my husband bought it in China. When I compared mine to a friend's model from Nordstrom, I noticed very few subtle differences.

One main one is that even though it has "diamonds" it does not say Diamond on the face of the watch which real ones do. The other difference is the size of the stones around the bezel. Mine (and yours) have larger stones than real ones do.

That being said, I've worn my replica for almost 8 years, and love it. The red M on the stem fell off recently, but I never expected it to last this long. I've had jewelers comment on how lovely it is when I've been browsing in their store. Hopefully you did not pay retail pricing for yours. Mine, at $75 with mother of pearl face and diamond bezel, was money well spent.

Message 36 of 62
latest reply

That's fake 😕

Message 37 of 62
latest reply

Real

Message 38 of 62
latest reply

Especially since Michele has been around since 1940....and the CE mark,  1985. My Michele does not have this mark,  and it is authentic,  like many others.  I think it should be more researched the year it became mandatory instead.  A little reading never hurts anyone 🙂

@a_c_green wrote:

eBay wants you to return the watch to the seller before enforcing a refund because they will not get into the middle of a he-said/she-said dispute over whether the watch is or is not genuine. You yourself have been all over the place in your prior posts on that point, first saying that someone said it's a fake, then it isn't, then it's a fake again, etc. The best thing for you to do is to return the suspect watch to the seller and just buy locally next time. 

My general take on your adventures to date is that you probably did get a fake, partly because it's not too difficult to find a fake Michele watch on the Internet (regardless of whether it's through eBay or via one of those Chinese "replica" watch sites), and partly because you made a passing reference to other discrepancies that you say the jeweler pointed out to you, which I assume involved the watch design or (especially) the movement inside.

Those errors in the watch design, or the presence of a cheap quartz movement inside where a house-branded movement should be found instead, are much more reliable indicators of real vs. fake. You're really getting hung up on a matter of standardized product markings used in some parts of the world but not not others, when those markings would be trivial to add by a watch forger if they felt the need. You should not hang your decision on the presence or absence of "CE" alone.

Finally, when you return the watch, be sure that you have Delivery Confirmation on the shipment (or Signature Confirmation, if the sale was $750 or higher), or else you may not get your refund if the seller claims that they have not received it back.

As for your eBay account, there's no point in closing it. Just limit your purchases to those items that can be reliably bought over the Internet. If you continue to buy designer watches on-line, regardless of whether it's through eBay or another site, you will continue to encounter fakes if buying from unreliable sellers (especially those from China, Hong Kong or other points in the Far East), so just make independent verification a part of your post-purchase routine, and be prepared for some hefty return shipping charges if needing to prove Delivery Confirmation on a return shipment going all that way back. Good luck.

Message 39 of 62
latest reply

The band should be able to take off and replace with other michele bands it has to buttons on each side that you push into remove the band. this does not look real because the part that clips on to the watch is not made like a michele that clips off.  ANd the diamonds look bigger than the deco by michele.

Message 40 of 62
latest reply

looks real because the band can be interchanged the fakes cant

Message 41 of 62
latest reply

I also purchased a diamond deco Michele watch from Padis Jewerly who are authorized Michele resellers. The back of my watch does not have the CE, and I know it is geniune because I sent it into Michele to repair/buff the crystal and it was not returned.  If you're not sure, take photos and send them to customer service to review, or send it for repair.

Message 42 of 62
latest reply

Hello. I've been shopping around for a deal on the watch. The info you posted helps a great deal. Whould you be able to answer this question:

It is advertised as diamond watch but the backs sapphire crystal, how is it diamonds then? Also can you tell what other things the jeweler pointed out to you about the fake? 

Thanks.

Message 43 of 62
latest reply

MB86. Thanks for sharing this. I'm on the hunt for one on these for myself and last year I've seen a number of them being sold supposedly new and authentic in Second hand shops around NYC. I've seen them first in a Bloomingdales Store. The back of them usually are not the same and it made it hard to determine if the watches are real or fake. In one sh shop the price was almost as much as it was in Bloomingdales. I decided to just look around. In my search I found about two ther watches being sold. I could not tell if they were authentic because of the markings and wordings on the backs. They had the box and papers also. Yet the backs always a different style. A few weeks later I saw on the news there was fakes circulating and being sold as real ones. I'm happy I didn't spend my money on a fake. I'm interested in knowing what else the jeweler pointed out to you about the fake watch so do you mind posting the details

Message 44 of 62
latest reply

this one is fake for sure

Message 45 of 62
latest reply