cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

You think it helps if I actually hit send on emails??

I think the changing weather makes us kind of tired feeling.  I remember reading a study (have to see if I can find it again) that talks about people's energy falling off as fall approaches. 

Those crows are bold birds - them and pigeons seem to think they own the world.

In to work early this a.m. so I don't have to work this weekend.  But I don't want to go to work today!  (imagine me stomping my foot while saying that!)

I think we should start planning the Halloween foray - make it epic this year!

h2880F9F9.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1111 of 3,155
latest reply

Rootie, you hit message 1,111!  And it had 1 view.  What do you suppose your prize ought to be?

Cute cat!  Thinks he is 'people'.  Can't tell me they don't lurk around us for nothing....they are watching us!!!

May have to leave the turbo brooms at home on the halloween foray.  I would kind of like to keep my costume intact if at all possible...hats don't stay on too well at such high speeds.  Will have to look into black and orange smoke bombs with lots of silver glitter fairy dust.  Purple would work too.  May have to figure out a way to have a sound system for special effects, kind of like the CAV in the movie Apocolypse Now.

Finally felt better today and had my energy back.  Was beginning to wonder if I had too many mosquito bites this summer.

My 'vacation'  will soon be overSmiley Sad

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1112 of 3,155
latest reply

11898681_1485125418469743_3733798823027054251_n.jpg

Message 1113 of 3,155
latest reply

No rush........but CYE

Message 1114 of 3,155
latest reply

OK, wha'd you do?  Stick your finger in the light socket again???

I'll keep the porch light on for yaSmiley Wink

Message 1115 of 3,155
latest reply

IMG025.JPG

Oh, I think you need a big ole hug!

Message 1116 of 3,155
latest reply

I'm back!  ARGH!  Big windstorm on Saturday, lost power for a few minutes, no big deal.  Had some milder wind but lots of rain Saturday night and Sunday morning a big BOOM, power goes out until about 6 last night.   They came out and pulled the big transformer (I think) out of the ground and put a new one in and the whole neighborhood cheered!

I don't mind a few hours but more than a day and I start getting cranky.  I like coffee makers, etc.  We're pretty well set up for these outages but I'd rather not. 

Yeah for 1,111!  I'm awesome even when I'm not trying! Smiley Very Happy

I think leaving the turbo charged brooms home is a good idea.  And can we use magenta glitter this time too, puhleeze????  I'm confident it won't be weird (see what I did there???).

And thank you for the hug - I needed that. 

Okay, off to see what I can do with my hair after 3 days without a flat iron.

Thanks for holding down the fort -  you done good!

And this just cracked me up.  Better than getting mad, I think.

4012493af1938c5a2331df89c9cb8086.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1117 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh yes I see what you did there!  I have all the confidence in you to chose the perfect glitter color option of our next foray.  I had to correct my spelling....I wrote: Next FORYA.  I do kind of like it.

We had to go without water for a couple of days and that was awful enough.  Just don't realize how much we use these utilities until we don't have them.  So, how many times did you go for the light switch?  I bet when the installation of the new transformer was complete, there was an uproar of cheers!  Hallelujah!, even.

I'm in here early today because I don't think I will be swinging by later this evening.

We are back in the 90's.  Come on, it's September for pete's sake!!  Supposed to have this heat wave the first couple of weeks of this month.  No rain in sight and I'm tired of yard chores on a daily basis.  OK--enough whining for me.

Spoiler
I would loved to have seen your hair after 3 days of no flat-ironSmiley Very Happy

Message 1118 of 3,155
latest reply

Hm... I'm not sure about forya.  Kind of sounds like it should be in a pop song - "I'm falling forya" type stuff.  But it looks pretty!

We're still raining but are supposed to clear up for the long weekend.  Hooray!  And yes, you are supposed to be hitting fall about now - why is summer still around?  And hurry up and finish your yardwork so you can come do mine!

And yeah, if the water had gone out or we didn't have hot water I would probably have decamped to a hotel.  Grateful for gas powered water heater!

My hair looked very curly after 3 days with no flat iron.  Very, very curly.  I'm thinking of cutting it very short.

In to work early today so I can take off early for an appointment.  This has been a long week.

h855BAEC6.jpg

Message 1119 of 3,155
latest reply

Thanks Rootie!  You're a pal!  I knew you would share some of your rain with me if I whined loud enough!  Had a nice downpour this evening.  Not long after I had spent about an hour out there wateringSmiley Very Happy  So I should be off the hook for a few days, yahoo!

Nothin' much else going on 'cept back to the 'usual' grind, snort!

Gary Sinese and his Lt. Dan Band will be here tomorrow night.  Thinking about going.  Should be fun!

Message 1120 of 3,155
latest reply

See, I got the weather thing down pat!

That concert sounds like fun.  Can I go too?

Looking forward to the three day weekend - no big plans just playing catch up.  Maybe a bbq with sister's family.

But first I have to get through today and there's sooooo much work to do.  I really need a 5 day weekend.

And Shirls, seriously, you don't need to water before it rains.  Really.  You should listen to me.  Smiley Very Happy

1-I-m-not-really-a-control-freak-funny-quote.jpg

Message 1121 of 3,155
latest reply

We didn't go.  By the time it gets after dinner, all we want to do is hang out and watch TV or get on the computer.

DH mowed the yard today.  It needed it.  He stirred up a wasp nest though and they were all mad as a hornet (no pun intended).  He got stung twice and I got even.  I got 11 of them.  One followed me into the house.....got him too.  They are nasty looking; black wings and kind of a orangish-brown body.  I was noticing lately, that we had a bunch flying around the house and would always be getting drinks from the bird bath.   That is how I got most of these.  I'm a very patient person when I lay in wait for something.  Splashed a lot of water, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.  A person can learn a lot from a cat.

Worked on a couple of Barbies this week.  The consignment shop takes donations and someone brought in a couple of dolls.  They held them for me cause they knew I would want these.  Both from 1979.  Tis always fun fixing them back up again.

I think it's time to post a Barbie pic, don't you?

Message 1122 of 3,155
latest reply

DOTWRus.JPG

Here's Miss Russia.  I love Barbies with fur!

Message 1123 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, I like that Barbie - very classy!

I hear you on the after dinner stuff.  by the time I get home from work, get things done and have dinner it's time to let my brain relax and then go to bed. 

Those wasps sound awful.  And aggressive.  Not a good combination.  I swell up so bad when I get stung I just let dh handle them all.  Well, mostly.  I sometimes get the smaller nests with the long distance spray.

Got a lot done this weekend so far and almost through my list.  We have a nephew coming this week for a couple of days so wanted to get the guest room straightened up for him.  How come all the "stuff" ends up in the guest room?

Seriously thought about spending a few hours at work today but I just don't feel like it.  So will probably just putter around the house and get set up for the week.  That sounds like a good plan.  Meant to post this yesterday, but it's early enough that it still works!

h5AFB904C.jpg

Message 1124 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh yes, I just had to have her!!!  She's not getting deboxed either.

Just had the typical Monday around here.  The whole neighborhood seemed like another Sunday.  I mean dead.

Guest rooms do gather a lot of stuff don't they?  I made ours into the doll room, but I do have a bunch of other stuff in there too.  If I had room to put the 'other stuff', it would be outta there in a heart-beat.

It has been awhile since I was stung by a wasp, but they are painful....worse than bee sting for sure.  Later in the evening, DH discovered another sting, so he had 3 total.  The one on the hand swelled up the worst.   Last year remember, he got stung by that bumble bee...right on the nose.  I guess DH has something about him that drives these stinging insects sort of crazy...snort.   Jokes to the side, they definitely do not appreciate loud noise.  It was the mower this time; last year, the weed-eater.  The bumble bee as I recall, chased me around a couple of times on separate occasions.  I was just out there passing through and it wanted to get me bad.

Message 1125 of 3,155
latest reply