cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Shirls - I knew you'd understand!

Let me know if we need to relocate the fairies to a safer place - I think I know where to go.

Sounds like crazy weather - we don't get many thunderstorms and I kind of miss them.  Notice I said "kind of".

Running late this morning - go figure.

and sorry, out of catnip but maybe this little guy will share his stash with you.

Funny-Animals-friday-Happy-Friday - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything

View Best Answer in original post

Message 338 of 3,155
latest reply

Just have to drop this off!

brooms - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything

Message 556 of 3,155
latest reply

We had a great time!  Lots of freebies, lots of interesting info and lots of free sample foods.  Only thing we couldn't figure out is if you eat ice cream while walking up the stairs does that cancel out the ice cream calories?

I did buy a new flat iron - my old one needed replacing anyway and the girl selling them used me as a "model" to show how it well this one worked (gave me a nice discount too!).  My hair was a mess at the time - I had finally given up on getting it to look nice and just pulled it back out of the way so it worked out well. 

Oh, and I picked up some really cool slushy stuff that you can mix with wine or alcohol.  On one of our summer forays I'll make the one that tastes like watermelon Jolly Ranchers - so good!  And some dip mix made with ghost peppers. 

Supposed to rain all weekend so I probably won't get much yardwork done - I try to get the yard waste bin filled every week but it doesn't always happen.

Then again, maybe I'll just nap all weekend.  That would be good too!  Although I did realize yesterday I need shoes... oh the possibilities are endless!

funnycats-48342.jpg

Message 864 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Hooray for a Shirls thread!

And one that takes me away from 14 degree weather - just like a vacation!

And boy am I ready for a vacation!

Message 2 of 3,155
latest reply

You need to snipe it to make it official RootieSmiley Wink

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 3 of 3,155
latest reply

sunbatsyd.JPG

Well, if ya can't get to the beach, you can do what the girls here did.....just go to the beach in your livingroom while it is 14* out THERE.Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh shoot!  I forgot that so here's a very, very late SNIPE!  Hey it was late on Thursday and... oh shoot, I'm not going to get away with all my excuses on that one am I?

Oh well, I'm sure you will forgive me.  Right?

Barbies look like their having fun in their living room paradise!  And it's cold out there!  Only about 25 (which is warmer than yesteray) but it's snowing.  Just  few flurries but it will screw up traffic this morning for sure.

Back to trying a "do nothing" weekend.  I'm taking bets on it actually happening.  But I have my favorite flannel jammies ready to go in case it does!

Stay warm!

Its-friday-funny-pictures - Copy.jpg

Message 5 of 3,155
latest reply

We are official!!  Yay!

What a cute pup!  In his jammies and duckie slippers.  Just too cute.  Want to pick him up and give him a kiss.

12* this morning, but the sun was shining and NO wind!  Turned out to be a nice little Friday even if it was a routine day.  Got a couple of little Valentine packages ready for the mail.  That was fun.  Took the recycle and then on to the flea/antique barn.  Can tell when they get new vendors.  Found a nice 'big' but thin hard cover book for 50 cents.  Had to get it.  The cat on the dust cover is a Tuxedo.  "The Cat Which Came to Stay" by Leslie Fotherby is a neat little story too.  has to be someone who knows cats very well & I bet the story is true. The artist did a great job doing the graphics; some water color.   Made some short cakes this afternoon as have lots of strawberries.

Good luck on the 'do nothing' week-end.  I plan on 'doing nothing' too haha. (I do have that closet to finish).  Supposed to get some snow tonight; so we'll see.  I love flannel PJ's for the winter.  My favorites have little yellow ducksSmiley Tongue  They are so comfortable!

I was not going to watch the opening ceremony  tonight, but twisted my arm and watched from 6:30 to 9:00.  Pretty good for someone who was not going to watchSmiley LOL  It was pretty  interesting and thought they did a good job.  Always like to watch the introduction of participating countries.

have a good week-end Rootie whatever you wind up doing.

Message 6 of 3,155
latest reply

Good morning!

I'm with you on that pup Shirls - just too cute for words!

Not quite as cold here this am - up to about 25 and then we're supposed to warm up next week to the mid-40s.  I'll take it.

I love warm flannel pjs.  My current ones have snowflakes and are sooooo comfy.  I'm planning on wearing them all day and doing nothing much.  Let's see if the universe likes my plans.

That sounds like a really great find on the book.  I love browsing book stores.  We have a book exchange store here that I can spend hours in.

I did not watch the opening ceremonies but am planning on watching some of the Olympics.  Always fun to see.

Q thought it was too cold yesterday.

Q & heater - Copy.jpg

Message 7 of 3,155
latest reply

That would be Myah.  She is cold blooded little kitty.  Tries to get right in front of those heat vents.  I think she is getting used to her coat, but she walks like she is trying to cross country skiSmiley LOL  She was even washing it today, LOL. (at least she can't pull hair) Woke up to snow covered ground and it sure looked pretty!  Was still snowing too; coming straight down.  Put extra birdseed out and also more on the window sill so Myah could watch.  She spent several hours just watching.  Had Juncos, Finches, Cardinals, Chickadees, Doves, and Blue jays that kept her busy.  She did make a lunge at the window(which is first time I have seen her do that)and would only try to get at the doves which were the biggest bird out there.  I tried to get pictures but as soon as would get camera ready, the birds would fly away.  Put the camera down and here they would come.  Get the camera, and gone!!Smiley LOL  I took a couple anyway, but have not checked to see if they turned out or not.  If not bad, I will post one.   Back to the snow...it all melted this afternoon because it did get to the low 40's.  We may be getting more tomorrow night.

Finished that closet and made vegetable beef soup is about all i did that was strenuous, ha!  A fairly relaxing day all the way around.

Message 8 of 3,155
latest reply

myah&finch.JPG

Myah watching the little finches.heart

Message 9 of 3,155
latest reply

Look how cute she is watching the birds in her little coat!  That is one adorable cat you have Shirls.

Woke up to about an inch of snow.  Everything is so peaceful and bright looking.  The Wonder Dog is not impressed - went out to do her business and wanted right back in.  Supposed to get up to about 40 today so it won't last long.

I spent all day in my jammies yesterday just puttering around the house - I needed the mental break I think but it means I have lots to do today - was totally worth it though!

Booked an anniversary weekend getaway - am really looking forward to that.  A couple of days away after the last few months will be really good for us.  Not until the end of the month but we got a room on the coast facing the water with a fireplace.... should be a great time.

The guys are getting ready to finish painting my ceilings so now I have to decide on paint for the living room.  Unfortunately, the previous owner did wood slab paneling and I can't decide whether to re-stain it, paint over it or take it down.  I'm thinking painting over it - Sears has an antique white that would look really good on it and then I can do complimentary colors for the rest of the room.  My other dilema is window treatment.  We have one very large window in the living room that the cats love to look out.  Right now I have vertical blinds but I'm thinking of going with curtains - may start with inexpensive ones to make sure the cats won't climb them, etc. before I get the ones I really want.

Vegetable beef soup sounds really good.  Maybe I'll make chicken soup today - going to have to scrounge in the freezer and see what meat I have available. 

This one just made me laugh (not a bad thing on a Sunday morning!).

guys-walks-into-a-bar-fri-funny - Copy.jpg

Message 10 of 3,155
latest reply

A day in jammies sounds good to me.  If I had a day here alone on a week-end I would probably do it.  Got pretty close to that today by wearing sweats.  They are so comfortable.  I stayed home this morning and slept in rather late which was so nice. 

Our snow is all gone:-(  Supposed to be colder again next 2 days with a low of 12*.   So many people grumbling here about their heat bills(huge article on front page)  One lady said she thought it was too much and was considering not paying it.  What???  We have had a large number of really cold days.  Then she goes on to admit she keeps her thermostat at 75*. 

Yeah, Myah is a neat little kitty.  She has some quirks, but easy to get past those because of the other things she does.  She is so very attached to me.  Never had a cat like that.  The other Siamese was a 'one person' cat too, but not quite like this one.  It is just so cute when she watches the birds and she will spend 2-3 hours in the morning doing just that.  When we first got her, I don't think she knew what a bird was.  She would not even pay attention if she saw one; but finally caught on.  The little sheer curtain allows her to not be seen by the birds, so they don't get frightened and fly away.

Your anniversary week-end sounds wonderful to me.  Would be so nice to look out a window and see the ocean. Fireplace too.  Sounds great to be out of the rat race for a couple of days and 'away from home'.

Hope you like having curtains.  I think they 'warm' a place up.  When your guys finish painting you can send them over here.  I would love to do this living room.

I got a chuckle out of the guy walking into a bar too, but oh, I bet that hurt just a little.

Well, here's to a great Monday!!

Message 11 of 3,155
latest reply

Good morning!

75 Shirls - wow, I imagine my heat bill would be high if I kept our house that warm too!  Started raining overnight and up to about 40 so we're back to normal "winter" weather for here.  The snow sure was pretty though.

Q will watch the birds from the sliding glass doors - they like to come up on the patio to tease him.  He doesn't try to get outside though, he's content watching them.  Both cats will take attention from anyone who will give it but their favorite spot is on my lap, they fight over sitting on me.  Silly animals.

Tons of work to do today so I'm going to be out the door early.

Have a good Monday and remember:

funny-life-related-motivators-smile - Copy.jpg

Message 12 of 3,155
latest reply

Now that is a picture perfect smileSmiley Very Happy

Typical house cleaning Monday.  Really looking at those living room walls.  Now, I AM thinking about painting......sure as I get in gear to do it, the temps will be nice and I will want to be out of doors instead, ha!

Going to be a cold night again.  it is 18* now and predict 12* by morning.  That means heat running non-stop again.  Watched the news tonight.  So many complaints about the power bills "just can't be right" that it made the 6 O'clock news.   Was supposed to have been some sort of meeting about it tonight.  Will be interesting what turns out.

Was in the mood to bake some bisquits this afternoon, so that is what I didSmiley Wink  I better watch out or I will have to do that spring diet thing again.

I see the 'other' paradise thread gets twice as many viewsSmiley LOL

Have a great taco tuesday!

Message 13 of 3,155
latest reply

I love how dogs smile Shirls, it's always so cheerful to see!

When you're done with your house will you come do mine?  I'll pay you in hot chocolate and butterscotch schnapps!
  and please bring some bisquits with you.

We're up to 48 already today and it's supposed to stay in that range for the next few days with lots of rain.  I'll take that over snow and ice any day.

So much work to get done this week but then it's a 3 day weekend.  Hooray!  Going to make dh bbq something.  Hey, the patio is covered so he won't actually get rained on!

I confused my days and had taco salad last night.  Guess it will be omelet Tuesday this week!

Off to get more coffee - have a fun day!

16354-coffe_cat_24_9_2012 - Copy.jpg

Message 14 of 3,155
latest reply

Bust a gut over the cat pic!!  That is just cornySmiley LOL   I am feeling pretty tired tonight.  Better have a look in the mirror.

Brrrrrrrr!  It was 8* when I got up this morning.  It did make the low 20's though.  Last month was the coldest January on record since 20 years ago.  I am ready for a bit of a warm up hereSmiley Sad

Neighbor girl brought my GS cookies over this evening.  Had forgot all about them.  DH likes thin mints and I like the shortbread.  I love the Samoas and tagalongs.

Hot chocolate and butterscotch schnapps sounds great but I am too tired plus the heater gave out on my bicycleSmiley Tongue

I'll see you tomorrow and have a happy hump day!!

Message 15 of 3,155
latest reply